Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you take for lunch?

At work, I always bring my lunch from home so I can spend my lunch hour relaxing in my office with the door closed while surfing VST. However, I have been eating mostly frozen dinners for lunch, which tend to be high in carbs and sodium. I am curious, I would love to see what others are packing for their lunches. Hopefully I can get some good, healthy ideas from you guys before I hit the grocery store.

Thanks.

At work, I always bring my lunch from home so I can spend my lunch hour relaxing in my office with the door closed while surfing VST. However, I have been eating mostly frozen dinners for lunch, which tend to be high in carbs and sodium. I am curious, I would love to see what others are packing for their lunches. Hopefully I can get some good, healthy ideas from you guys before I hit the grocery store.

Thanks.

I'm not as far out from surgery as you are Susan, so you are probably able to eat more 'solid' foods than I; however, I pack things like the 3 oz can of tuna that comes with reduced Mayonnaise and relish, sometimes I nuke a small potatoe and put cheese on it; I take deli turkey, spread laughing cow cheese on it, a slice of avacodo, roll it up and cut it into slices, string cheese, SF Jello, sometimes low sodium Soup. That's about it, or at least all I can think of ATM.

I'll be interested to see other responses as well as it may give me some new ideas.

You have given me a couple of ideas, thanks. I hope more people post as well.

I usually take leftovers from my dinners. So it's mostly meat and veggies. If I do take a frozen dinner, I will just leave most of the starch part of it. I can't eat the whole thing anyway.

I like cottage cheese and high Protein yogurt so I keep those in my fridge at work along with fresh fruit.< /p>

I also bring along the individual cups of tuna, love the one with Tomato and onion.

I sometimes eat beef or turkey jerkey. I used to bring Trader Joes turkey meatballs, just pull a few out of the bag, nuke them and enjoy. I finally got burnt out eating them so have not had any in while.

I have been on chicken salad kick for a few weeks now. I get a rotisserie chicken and shred it with some mayo, pepper, onion etc.

If I think on anything else I will post again.

I usually eat left overs too.

I also really like those little cans

of chicken salad. Sometimes I take

a slice of Virgina baked ham and roll

it over a low fat colby jack cheese stick

or a LF String cheese.< /strong>

I almost always have a doggie bag

of something from going out to dinner

over the weekend,and I am able to get

2 more lunches out of it.

this past week I had:

leftover rattatouille Pasta

a fresh, prepepared mexican salad - greens with an avocado dressing basically

a gourtmet fruit greek yogurt (quite large)

camambert and crackers

leftover pork green curry

Just dinner leftovers, a salad, cheese and crackers or things like rice cakes spread with avocado and a slice of low fat cheese, basic stuff.

I like to make a batch of Turkey Chili, then divide it up into one cup portions and freeze them. Then I don't even need to worry about refridgeration, because it just starts to thaw out in 5 hours, then I nuke it for 2 minutes.

My chili is

One large can of Tomato juice

two cans of chili Beans

two cans of kidney Beans

two pounds of ground turkey, the cheapest kind

8tbsp of chili powder (or to taste)

This will make A LOT of meals!!!!

You get a really good Protein to calorie ratio with this mixture.

I like to make a batch of Turkey Chili, then divide it up into one cup portions and freeze them. Then I don't even need to worry about refridgeration, because it just starts to thaw out in 5 hours, then I nuke it for 2 minutes.

My chili is

One large can of Tomato juice

two cans of chili Beans

two cans of kidney beans

two pounds of ground turkey, the cheapest kind

8tbsp of chili powder (or to taste)

This will make A LOT of meals!!!!

You get a really good Protein to calorie ratio with this mixture.

SOUNDS YUMMY - and something I will make when the weather cools down a little in LV ... something about eating chili when it's 113 outside ... not too refreshing ... but I will DEFINITELY make this up - I love chili!

I have an entire collection or recipes, that I call "open a can and put it in a pan"

So start a thread with that title and post away -- I know I would be interested - the easier the better -- especially once Bearded gets on to solids - quick and easy would be GREAT.

I am sure I am not the only one who would be interested!

Today I had some beef stew I had made a while back in the crockpot and frozen.

I have an entire collection or recipes, that I call "open a can and put it in a pan"

Please post them. I am not into cooking and I would appreciate any easy recipes !:crying:

I would love to see your recipes also. I look forward to being able to cook my own food so much. I love to cook.

I hate to cook - I tell everyone I only have a kitchen because it came with the condo ... now that I can't eat anything, I hate the thought of cooking even more - it's not worth the effort

VA, you crack me up!

Today, I took a piece of Boar's Head roast beef (major yummy) with a piece of provolone cheese wrapped up in it. It was yummy and satisfying.