Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you take for lunch?

At work, I always bring my lunch from home so I can spend my lunch hour relaxing in my office with the door closed while surfing VST. However, I have been eating mostly frozen dinners for lunch, which tend to be high in carbs and sodium. I am curious, I would love to see what others are packing for their lunches. Hopefully I can get some good, healthy ideas from you guys before I hit the grocery store.

Thanks.

Hi,

I would suggest different kinds of green salads, and then add some chicken, or almonds--other veggies that you like. A little fruit in in mixed green salad with some type of Protein works great. Put what ever dressing you are going to use in a different container and pour it on the salad before you have your salad. Salads work for me, because I get veggies, Protein and then sometime fruit all in one. In the Winter time, good homemade veggie Soup is great too. Don't keep eating the same things, having something different makes a a whole lot better. Good look with trying some different things.

I sent him a pm and he said his computer is broken and he is not comfortable using the work computer but will get back to us on this.

I sent him a pm and he said his computer is broken and he is not comfortable using the work computer but will get back to us on this.

Are you talking about Jaffa Steve?

Yes, maybe he is used to using is own lap top at work?

Yum, does sound good. I am getting some pretty good ideas from this thread. I am trying to stay away from the frozen foods because most of them have a ton of carbs and salt in them.

I can't eat frozen foods - they are way too salty for me -- I even find the low sodium Soups too salty. I had that "issue" before the surgery - I am just not one to salt many things - french fries, potatoes and tomatoes -- that's about it - and I use sea salt instead of table salt.

I am a major salt addict, but I know it is bad for me. I have really had to work on cutting back on my salt intake, but I am definitely improving.

I hate salt. I can even taste it in cheese. I think the only thing I like salt on is cooked broccoli.

I wish I hated it. Surprisingly, I don't eat it on any veggies, except corn on the cob.

I never add it to anything and I can taste it in stuff and it bugs.

I take it you mean it bugs you? lol. Not that you're eating bugs?

It bugs me too. So many things taste too salty to me. Everyone seems to be complaining that things taste too sweet to them.

Sweetness does not bother me, but salty sure does.

It bugs me too. So many things taste too salty to me. Everyone seems to be complaining that things taste too sweet to them.

Sweetness does not bother me, but salty sure does.

You didn't seem to notice when you were scrafing down the lobster Thursday night at Joe's! LOL

It was salty but yummy. I would have liked it to not have so much salt, but heck, it was lobster for heaven's sake! I couldn't help but gobble it down.

If you noticed, I gobble all my food down. My slowing down to eat seems to be forgotten. I sure gobbled down those nachos too!

Lobster, yummy!!

Daisy, where did you get your avatar? I love it and would love to have one like it.

today I brought Tomato & mozzerella salad with fresh basil. mix cherry tomatoes with small pieces of fresh mozzerella and chop some fresh basil, throw on a little olive oil & balsamic vinegar and voila! healthy, delicious and filling.

tomorrow, fresh blueberries doused with activa vanilla (lowfat) yogurt and some Protein powder mixed in. :confused1: yummy.