Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op diet day 3

I need to get another life LOl

You and me both Ruthi. I am starting ball room dancing classes soon. I am excited to start that.

You and me both Ruthi. I am starting ball room dancing classes soon. I am excited to start that.

A lady I work with started that about a year ago. She loves it! She just went to a competition in LA a few months ago. Let us know how you like it. What a fun way to get in some exercise!

I can't wait for it to start. The classes don't start until the end of Sept. but I found out about a place that has dances every Wed. evening and don't mind newcomers. I am going to check it out this Wed.

Hi

i am from down under (australia) and am 12 days post op. i feel really good but i also have slight pain at one of my incisions. i also have a dent there??? dont know what thats about but good to know i am not the only one. i love reading everyones stories but have not done much talking myself. i am on clear fluids until thursday what do you recommend i try for my first "food"???

Are you supposed to advance to food or full liquids after clear liquid?

Full liquids include clears plus any liquids you can tolerate:

• sugar-free pudding
  • Low-fat (1%) or Skim Milk
  • No Sugar Added Carnation Instant Breakfast
  • Cream of Wheat (Made thin or soupy with milk)
  • oatmeal (cooked well, made smooth, and thinned with milk)
  • Mashed Potatoes (made smooth, and thinned with milk)
  • Light yogurt (plain or flavored, no fruit pieces at this time)
  • Low-fat small curd cottage cheese (mashed to smooth consistency).

You may want to have some lactose pills on hand just in case yo have developed a lactose intolerance.

Your doctor should have given you a list of what foods you can have exactly when.

One thing Jagator left off the list was Protein shakes. You can drink ready to drink EAS, low carb slim fast, or Atkins, or there are a lot of powders out there that you can order online or buy at the store.

Everyone's tastes are different though, so don't buy too much of one thing until you're sure you like them.

I think it's Vitalady.com where you can order sample packets.

Hi Everyone!

I'm on my 3rd week now, been eating a little hot Cereal, cottage cheese and egg salad. Just a few bites but the best thing I ever ate...It's hard not eating!!!

Mostly tho, I'm just sticking to the liquids, Protein Shakes and those Protein vials that taste like Syrup, so gross, but they have a lot a protein in them. I find the chocolate protein shakes at costco are the very best tasing, and they have 30 grams of protein. The Water is the hardest for me to get down....I'm constantly sipping, but getting nowhere, I guess I just have to get used to it.

I can't beleive how good I feel, no side effects at all. I really could go back to work now but my Dr won't let me, he wants to me take a full 6 weeks off....so ok then, I guess I better enjoy it while I can....

In 6 weeks (3 more to go), I'll be able to eat regular food which will be great. Just a few bites will be just fine with me. I've lost 18 pounds since the surgery date on August 18. AND my Diabetes is completely gone so far, blood sugars around 85 consistently.

I noticed my skin and hair is dryer, I'm sure it's the not enough water thing, I'll have to work on that.

How come you guys didn't tell people at your work? I don't have that luxury...I told a few friends at work but my office is like a spreading wildfire....I'm sure everyone in there knows everything by now....

Take it easy everyone!!

Big Nana

Hi Nana,

I'm so glad to hear that you are doing so well. Wow, you are lucky to get off work for so long. You will have to buy some smaller clothes when you go back to work. Enjoy the time off.

I chose not to tell people at work and most of my family for the main reason they are very judgemental and I didn't want to be under constant scrutiny--it was a personal choice.

Hi, all! Well 3 weeks post-op now and down 34 lbs (since pre-op) !Someone at work finally noticed I had lost some weight. You have to love the comment..."You can really tell in your face". Like was my head the size of a watermelon? lol

I haven't told anyone at work either, Vegas. That's been kind of hard because I eat lunch with the same person everyday. I can only take 3 bites of something then comes the burping. That's been horrible.

I've only told 3 people other than my husband and kids. I didn't want people watching every bite of food i put in my mouth and whispering behind my back about how big my behind still is. :scared0:

Vegas, I saw your going on a cruise. Have a great time!!!

Hi, all! Well 3 weeks post-op now and down 34 lbs (since pre-op) !Someone at work finally noticed I had lost some weight. You have to love the comment..."You can really tell in your face". Like was my head the size of a watermelon? lol

I haven't told anyone at work either, Vegas. That's been kind of hard because I eat lunch with the same person everyday. I can only take 3 bites of something then comes the burping. That's been horrible.

I've only told 3 people other than my husband and kids. I didn't want people watching every bite of food i put in my mouth and whispering behind my back about how big my behind still is. :blush:

Vegas, I saw your going on a cruise. Have a great time!!!

Thanks Nanna - we plan on having a GREAT time ...

I had to have a hiatal hernia repaired, so that is how I get around the weird eating and the weight loss -- as I eat lunch with the same people pretty much every day, too. So you might try that route --mine isn't a total lie, just an omission of the VSG surgery -- I truly did have a hiatal hernia repaired and it is really what is causing me the problems with my eating - more so than the sleeve. I also have the belching - sometimes with no warning - quite embarrassing.

Hi everyone..

I have a question maybe someone can answer me...I had my surgery on August 19th, today is Sept 8 so it's my 3rd week...I lost 16 pounds since the surgery, all in the first 2 weeks, nothing in the third week. Is that normal that my weight is already at a standstill? I'm starting to worry, like it didn't work or something...do you think because I started on my soft foods that it is preventing me from losing any more weight? I can't beleive with the amt of food I eat, that I am not losing. I eat a few bites of egg, cottage cheese, and small amounts of cheese mostly. has this happened to anyone else?

thanks...Big Nana