Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wonderful site for Gastric Sleeve

Guest LngRedRose@LBT

Guest LngRedRose@LBT

jlwebb55..

I would find it hard to be 4 weeks post op and gain weight. What are you eating? How often? I am 2 1/2 months post op and I have lost 72 lbs...

Originally posted at www.lapbandtalk.com

Guest jlweb55@LBT

I am eating everything, I had a 10 oz marie calenders pot pie for lunch and I was satisfied but not stuffed. Today is 6 weeks post op. I am not happy. I was told by another sleever to eat hard meat. If I do this then I can eat only 5-6 oz. But if I had wanted to eat only protien I could have lost weight with out the surgery. I am not happy. I probly should have had the mini byass. But I have lost 25 and I only have 60 left to loose, I think this is not enough for a bypass. Do not know what I am going to do. Thanks Judy

Guest kalgirlkal@LBT

i would highly recommend visiting the sight www.gastricsleevesupport.com

it really is something quite special, with girls and guys all at various stages both pre and post surgery. the site itself is very easy to navigate.

Guest jlweb55@LBT

Can you help me find the lady that had the mini bypass with the sleeve from the doctor in Kentucky that is doing it a little differently. My sleeve failed and i want to get a revision to this surgery. thanks jlweb55 judylwebster@aol.com

Guest MacMadame@LBT

I thought you only had your sleeve a few months??

Guest TheCloudPainter@LBT

Hey all

Wow! I didn't realize it was this easy to lose massive lbs so quick and then again, to go back to old eating patterns so quickly.

I'm only 5 days out from my sleeve, and am getting a little nervous reading all this.

I've joined www.gastricsleevesupport.com and find it a very good forum.

Take care, all...

TheCloudPainter

Guest MacMadame@LBT

Well, you can eat around all the surgery types. If you really want to.

But I don't think it's easy to eat around a sleeve. I'm almost 4 months out and can only eat 3-4 oz. of food at a time. Even at one year, most people can only eat 4-5 oz. of food at a time. That's not a lot of food.

I've noticed that bypass patients can eat a lot more than us. I have friend with bypass who are a year out or more and can eat a cup of food at a time. I don't think I'll ever be able to do that.

Guest TheCloudPainter@LBT

This is true...

there's always a way to cheat...

I personally wanted to LICK my fiance's piece of pizza tonight... LOL!

That was hard... but instead, I made my chicken broth with Protein powder in it and was quite full.

Physically, I was full & fine...

Mentally - it SUCKED!

I guess therein lays the battle we all face.

A friend of mine is interested in either the lap-band or the G-sleeve and I've directed her to this forum to learn about both.

She asked a good question tonight that I've never seen asked here before - What about salads? How soon can I have a salad now? I know with limited space, it's better to use it for more nutritional food... right?

Thanks for your help, MacMadame

TheCloudPainter :confused:

Guest MacMadame@LBT

Salads compress though. :confused:

There are different thoughts on when we can start having them. My surgeon's plan is very much "as tolerated" rather than setting deadlines. So he says most people tolerate salad around 2-3 months. But if you can tolerate them sooner, good for you. Other surgeons say "not before 7 months!" or some such other arbitrary deadlines.

I had my first lettuce at 7 weeks out. I had my first salad soon after. But I always get them with grilled chicken on top and I make sure to eat as much chicken as I would normally. My favorite lately is something called "strawberry Fields". It has crumbles of cheese, strawberries, nuts of some sort, as well as the chicken and the greens. I get a bit of everything in all the food groups this way and the nuts and cheese add to the Protein.

Oh and my surgeon also says we can eat as many leafy greens as we want and don't even have to count them in our carbs. I still do because it's too much work to separate them out on The Daily Plate. :smile2: But I try to eat a lot of them and minimize the orange ones.

I had the Gastric Sleeve surgery 6 weeks ago and have lost 35 lbs. I'm off the liquid diet and have been eating solids for a while now. I'm very surprised that can eat as much as I can--I don't mean I'm eating scads of food, but

definitely more than what I thought, i.e. 1/2-3/4 of a sandwich, sometimes more than a bowl of cold Cereal, etc. I am terrified that my

stomach is stretching and that I'll stop losing or worse still gain weight! Also, with all the liquids we're supposed to drink, I find that nothing tastes like it did before surgery. I'd like nothing more than a Diet Coke, but of course that's forbidden. Diet lemonade, low calorie juices, Crystal Lite, even unsweetened iced tea doesn't taste the same. I just can't drink that much plain water! What is everyone else doing?:confused:

I love Water, fresh lemon or lime, a slice or two squeezed, just not toooo much....and a packet of sweet 'n low or the new sun crystals. It's the only way I can drink a lot of water!! I discovered this about ten years ago!! It's refreshing and has some taste.....oh, and ice of course! :(

Lap Band Talk is excellent for Lap Bands. Can't find a better site. But for Gastric Sleeve, I have to say that OH has it going on. I had GS done on July 2nd... and I have lost 33 lbs. (in just 2 1/2 weeks). I learned so much from the people that were sleeved before me on that site. Hope this helps someone...:(

I agree it's a pretty good site. They also have a "Health Tracker" that will keep track of all the minute details of what you eat and drink daily.

wow!! Well done! I'm 1 month out and have only lost 20 lbs, but I'm not complaining it is still 20lb less than I've been in a very long time. Keep up the good work.

I felt the same until the first week out. I was very hungery just after I came out of hospital and drank loads of broth I couldn''t get enough, I was also worried about "eating so much" but I must say that the second week it was much better and I didn't feel hungery all the time. Third week I was eating more or less meal times and it is only a very little at a time. The broth I could have more of because it is a liquid, but since I started Soups and baby food fruit it is realy very little at a time and keeps me full for hours. Now I've started the protain and I have no idea how im going to get all that down. A new challenge! good luck