Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else belong here?

Im turned 23 in May and I am getting sleeved July 12th 2010. Just in time for my 5 year class reunion. (don't know if I want to go yet or not)

@mellifrits: I turn 21 in October (so kinda a long way off lol) and I think that if you feel comfortable going to your reunion you should go, but if not, then don't! You shouldn't have to subject yourself to anything you might find uncomfortable before you're ready! But on the other hand, you may want to go because this may be a good jumping off point to getting out of your comfort zone. lol I think things through too much, and when my reunion comes around, I'll be in the exact same spot as you are right now.

BeenThereWasThat, I hope your surgery went well yesterday.

I'm having surgery in the next few weeks and I am sooo excited that I will be thinner while still in my twenties (27). I have NEVER been in a normal weight category at any age so it will be exciting to try to get close. I think I've been overweight since I was 8 so being that it's nearly 2 decades later...now is as good as time as ever right?!

25 and getting sleeved in a little over a month. Hoping to be "overweight" before I turn 26 at the end of the year....

@mellifrits: I turn 21 in October (so kinda a long way off lol) and I think that if you feel comfortable going to your reunion you should go, but if not, then don't! You shouldn't have to subject yourself to anything you might find uncomfortable before you're ready! But on the other hand, you may want to go because this may be a good jumping off point to getting out of your comfort zone. lol I think things through too much, and when my reunion comes around, I'll be in the exact same spot as you are right now.

I think my mine worry is I get my super sleeve July 12th and my 5 year reunion is July 17th. I was hoping to lose a bit more weight before going BUT we will just see how I am feeling. I am not even sure I will feel well enough to go to the reunion that close to getting my super sleeve.

Sorry I didn't update everyone my surgery got moved to July 13th...

I had my endoscopy on Monday and started my pre-op liquid diet. I am having a really tough time with it.

We are ALMOST sleeve sisters.. I am getting mine the 12th in Mexico. How is your pre-op diet going now? I have to be on mine 7 days so I HAVE to start mine tomorrow. I tried to start today BUT got my last cheat out I am hoping so that tomorrow I can make myself be 100%. I am just ready to have the sleeve already lol.. I cant believe it is only a week away. It seems like time went by so fast getting here but now time seems to just stand still as I wait for my big day.

I am 26! Don't feel alone! I think that the Lap Band ads all over Facebook is one of the reasons that so many people our age are going that route! If they only did some research first!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches