Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please any help / advice would be greatly appreciated! Newly post-op

I can relate to the addiction part of the board, I didnt really think I was addicted until the other day my internet went out for most of the day and it was driving me crazy not to be able to log on. I had to laugh at myself but realized that this is so much of a replacement for eating also, and I have the need to talk about something that is such a huge thing in my life.. Welcome to our sleeve family

it's true. Maybe we can all meet somewhere some day.

Vegas would be the perfect spot!

it's true. Maybe we can all meet somewhere some day.

Vegas would be the perfect spot!

Works for me - that would be so cool ... I only have one guest room -- but there's a TON of hotels around. That would be so much fun.

It would be. They had a lap band gathering once where a bunch of people met in Vegas. I am not much into gambling but it would be fun to meet there and we could

all stay in the same hotel. If two people stayed in the same room, it would save money. I always see deals where you get the room and airfare together for a good price. It's just something to think about for some time in the future.

Edited by Oregondaisy

It would be. They had a lap band gathering once where a bunch of people met in Vegas. I am not much into gambling but it would be fun to meet there and we could

get all stay in the same hotel. If two people stayed in the same room, it would save money. I always see deals where you get the room and airfare together for a good price. It's just something to think about for some time in the future.

I am all for it

Me too ... and yes, there are always package deals; however sometimes it's less expensive to book airfare and hotel separately. Right now the hotels are hurting for business, so they've lowered their rates quite a bit.

I have always felt the hunger, mine never left me. I do fill up faster with lesser amounts, but the appetite is still there. Just follow a good diet plan and drink plenty of Water. You are still fresh out, things will start to balance out with the healing process.

I adore this site too. I am planning to have my surgery as soon as possible. I am scared to death. I really got such a low pain threshold and I do panic. May God Help me. I feel more comfortable when I think that I have such wonderful friends to talk to like you. best wishes for all of you.

I have the "hunger " also. No where near what I had before sleeve. I just drink Water and clear Soups and now I am on cream soups it is much better. I can only hold 1 1/2 oz. I am FULL at that point so I know this will work. I am oging to mushies after tomeorrow. I will keep ya posted. I am worried about the "hunger" big time.

I have the "hunger " also. No where near what I had before sleeve. I just drink Water and clear Soups and now I am on cream soups it is much better. I can only hold 1 1/2 oz. I am FULL at that point so I know this will work. I am oging to mushies after tomeorrow. I will keep ya posted. I am worried about the "hunger" big time.

Hi Carolyn! I'm on day 11 and I have been eating cream Soup and I find that I can eat at least a 1/2 cup sometimes more. Today I went to TGIF and ordered Broccoli cheese Soup thinking I couldn't eat much of it and it wouldn't hurt me, but I ate all of it! I mean it wasn't a whole cup probably, but it was more than 1/2 cup. I didn't feel bad afterwards or anything. Am I eating too much? I wonder if it can hurt me eating this much?

In the beginning I was eating the broth and sugar free Jello in the hospital.....I would find that I could eat about 2-4 spoonsful and then I would need to stop....but I would end up saving it because I too would get hungry and just keep eating throughout the day....don't worry things will get better :)

Hi Charitymarroquin, I do not know if that is too much. I am on day 10 and cannot get 2 full OZ down at one sitting. When you were eating your Soup, did you feel full at the half way mark? I am trying to pay attention to my stomach and what it is telling me. I am so happy, I got to eat a soft poached egg this morning for Breakfast. I got about 1/2 of it down. Slowly. But it felt so good to eat a"normal" food and tasted great. Looking forward to cottage cheeze today and tuna! Try to listen/feel to your tiny tummy and eat only what it wants. I am trying really hard to get the head hunger to shut up. Maybe your Dr. left you a little bigger tummy than mine did? I do not think that will hurt anything. You may loose a little slower than me, but, you will still loose!

I am going to start today on getting more Protein in so I do not loose my muscle. THere is a lot of work involved in this deal! How are you doing on getting the 60 grms of protein a day?

Hi Carolyn! I'm on day 11 and I have been eating cream Soup and I find that I can eat at least a 1/2 cup sometimes more. Today I went to TGIF and ordered Broccoli cheese soup thinking I couldn't eat much of it and it wouldn't hurt me, but I ate all of it! I mean it wasn't a whole cup probably, but it was more than 1/2 cup. I didn't feel bad afterwards or anything. Am I eating too much? I wonder if it can hurt me eating this much?

At your next follow-up with your surgeon, ask him what size of boughie (measuring tool they use) to make your sleeve if he didn't already tell you.

Also, it takes 20 minutes of eating for your stomach to tell your brain that you are full. Try slowing down, and eating a smaller amount in 20 minutes to see if you are full.

liquids, even Soups, leave our tummies a lot quicker than more dense food such as solids. If you are eating the soup quickly, it's going to pass through faster meaning you can eat more than some people.

I am nearly at 6 months post op. People have said that the hunger comes back at 6 months. I am happy to report that today I hardly ate anything. I just wasn't hungry, and I reminded myself that I needed Protein so I ate. The hunger does not seem to be coming back.