Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ive had pcos for about 10 years with horrible menstrual cycles and every bad side effect. My primary care physician is trying to work with my gyne. to make this better and both agree that wls would be great idea. Weightloss is very slow I work out aleast 3-5 days a week and will still only lose 2 to 3 pounds. I had real bad pelvic pain that some times unbearable for movement. multiple cycles, facial hair, acanthosis nigricans( dark ring around the neck which one doctor said diabetes).

Ive had pcos for about 10 years with horrible menstrual cycles and every bad side effect. My primary care physician is trying to work with my gyne. to make this better and both agree that wls would be great idea. Weightloss is very slow I work out aleast 3-5 days a week and will still only lose 2 to 3 pounds. I had real bad pelvic pain that some times unbearable for movement. multiple cycles, facial hair, acanthosis nigricans( dark ring around the neck which one doctor said diabetes).

PCOS is a buggar to deal with, no way around it.

Some doctors give metformin, some don't like using that drug.

WLS does seem to make a huge difference. It *seems* like when you really shock the body with the few calories after surgery on the post op diet it kick starts a failure of a metabolism.

Go for it, it's the best thing you can do for yourself. Once you lose weight you'll find that your periods will likely even out a bit and many of the symptoms will go away.

I know that when I did Atkins for several minths and religiouly followed it! I threw and egg and got pregnant with my first biological child (10+ years of trying) SInce I never had any sort of regular periods I was almost 4 months pregnant before realizing.....this was all pre band! I got banded 12 1/2 months or so after Adrian's birth and with in two weeks and shedding the weight.... I started having periods every 2-3 weeks till I reached original goal of 175..... Then they switched to regular and I was on to a new goal!

I got pregnant 5+ more times since the first with two carried to term! One with the band and one ended my band and was a preemie cause if it,

I took metformin for three years before atkins, i did loose some weight with it..... and I still take it....cause if I do not..... it is way to easy to put on weight!

I am scared cause Dr. is now thinking since I want no more kids he should take me off the metformin..............my husband said he would buy it on the b;ack market if he did.......cause it helps me with my mood swings (not suppossed too,,,,, buy both of us really believe it did!

Good luck and I really think it will help...... but the PCOS does help make loosing weight harder imho with or without the band!

Ive had pcos for about 10 years with horrible menstrual cycles and every bad side effect. My primary care physician is trying to work with my gyne. to make this better and both agree that wls would be great idea. Weightloss is very slow I work out aleast 3-5 days a week and will still only lose 2 to 3 pounds. I had real bad pelvic pain that some times unbearable for movement. multiple cycles' date=' facial hair, acanthosis nigricans( dark ring around the neck which one doctor said diabetes).[/quote']

I have Pcos too. My cycle right now is a monster. The bleeding is horrible right now. I think that's another reason, why Im slow to recover. My ob increased my birth control so I can stop bleeding. My surgery doctor said increasing birth control is little dangerous because of the increase of blood clots. I don't want a dnc. I just had the sleeve completed last Tuesday. If I was not trying 2 have a baby. Not now. I would get a hysterectomy.

Ain't no stoppin us now,were on the move !!!!!!<br />Sincerely<br /> Zeta

I have Pcos too. My cycle right now is a monster. The bleeding is horrible right now. I think that's another reason' date=' why Im slow to recover. My ob increased my birth control so I can stop bleeding. My surgery doctor said increasing birth control is little dangerous because of the increase of blood clots. I don't want a dnc. I just had the sleeve completed last Tuesday. If I was not trying 2 have a baby. Not now. I would get a hysterectomy.

Ain't no stoppin us now,were on the move !!!!!!<br />Sincerely<br /> Zeta[/quote']

Zeta I know what you are going through. I was having the same issues and my doctor gave me birth control as the only solution. I asked for an ultrasound sound and was dismissed. I went to the pcp the gyno and er a few times before finally looking for an answer myself. With research in hand I walked into my local health/organic food store looking for a natural herb to help me at least bear the horib period symptoms I was having. Sopke to a girl who changed my life. She recommend Maca. (whole world royal maca) I went home and mixed some in some tea that night and 2 more times the next day by 5 o'clock I had a large mass come out, after the worse cramps of my life but I figured something is working. Freaked out and took it to the er. They studied it and it was the uterus lining. My doctor was floored. I said so had you done an ultrasound as I requested you would have seen what I needed was a dnc he admitted he was wrong and said my body rebooted itself. I never told him my secret of how I healed my self but I did stop all the birth control. And he then referred me to the bariatric program. I still take Maca from time to time to keep my hormones and period happy.

Nina

Zeta I know what you are going through. I was having the same issues and my doctor gave me birth control as the only solution. I asked for an ultrasound sound and was dismissed. I went to the pcp the gyno and er a few times before finally looking for an answer myself. With research in hand I walked into my local health/organic food store looking for a natural herb to help me at least bear the horib period symptoms I was having. Sopke to a girl who changed my life. She recommend Maca. (whole world royal maca) I went home and mixed some in some tea that night and 2 more times the next day by 5 o'clock I had a large mass come out' date=' after the worse cramps of my life but I figured something is working. Freaked out and took it to the er. They studied it and it was the uterus lining. My doctor was floored. I said so had you done an ultrasound as I requested you would have seen what I needed was a dnc he admitted he was wrong and said my body rebooted itself. I never told him my secret of how I healed my self but I did stop all the birth control. And he then referred me to the bariatric program. I still take Maca from time to time to keep my hormones and period happy.

Nina[/quote']

I will send my hubby to whole foods to see if that have it today. I have, had fibroid surgery, several Dnc's. Im not trying 2 have another one. I was in a car accident and lost my baby. I did know I was pregnant. A lady hit me from behind.

Thanks a million. Im getting ready to text him the name now. See my doctor in Arkansas told me 2 stay off of birth control. The doctor in Texas put me back on them. Thanks again.

I will send my hubby to whole foods to see if that have it today. I have' date=' had fibroid surgery, several Dnc's. Im not trying 2 have another one. I was in a car accident and lost my baby. I did know I was pregnant. A lady hit me from behind.

Thanks a million. Im getting ready to text him the name now. See my doctor in Arkansas told me 2 stay off of birth control. The doctor in Texas put me back on them. Thanks again.

Ain't no stoppin us now,were on the move !!!!!!<br />Sincerely<br /> Zeta[/quote']

Your welcome. I hope it helps. Don't be scared of you have serious cramps I described them as after birth pains. Take 1/4 of a tsp 3 times a day.

post-24429-13813659100148_thumb.png

Your welcome. I hope it helps. Don't be scared of you have serious cramps I described them as after birth pains. Take 1/4 of a tsp 3 times a day.

Oh thanks again. Cramps im use too. Thanks for showing the pic. I will keep you posted. Again thanks

Oh thanks again. Cramps im use too. Thanks for showing the pic. I will keep you posted. Again thanks

Ain't no stoppin us now' date='were on the move !!!!!!<br />Sincerely<br /> Zeta[/quote']

My hubby got it for me. A went 2 my first appointment. I lost 13 lbs. My surgeon said that is 2 much weight. He said Im dehydrated.

My hubby got it for me. A went 2 my first appointment. I lost 13 lbs. My surgeon said that is 2 much weight. He said Im dehydrated.

Ain't no stoppin us now' date='were on the move !!!!!!<br />Sincerely<br /> Zeta[/quote']

Did you mention the maca to the doctor. Most don't know what it is. Just take a tiny bit, a little goes a long way the first few times.

Did you mention the maca to the doctor. Most don't know what it is. Just take a tiny bit' date=' a little goes a long way the first few times.[/quote']

No I did not tell him.

Hey what is MACA???can you please explain in detail...how does it work and what is it used for?i have pco too but it's get better after my surgery and one year later I conceived and just had a baby baby boy.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Hey what is MACA???can you please explain in detail...how does it work and what is it used for?i have pco too but it's get better after my surgery and one year later I conceived and just had a baby baby boy.

Go to the previous post from Nina88 she explains it to me.

I use it to help stimulate my endocrine system to help with my hormone imbalance and period.

Maca is a root plant native to Peru. It is considered both a food and a medicine by indigenous people. It is consumed by the people of the highlands of Peru of all ages -from three year olds to the elderly. It looks something like a small turnip, either cream-colored or purple when it is harvested. It is rich in Calcium, magnesium, phosphorous and Iron, and contains trace minerals, including zinc, iodine, copper, selenium, bismuth, manganese and silica, as well as B Vitamins. It also contains four alkaloids proven in scientific investigation to nourish the endocrine glands, including the reproductive system of men and women.

Maca has adaptogen qualities, that is, its effects are appropriate to the age and sex of the person using it. It has a long list of uses because of its broad range of nutritional and medicinal properties discovered by both Indians of the Peruvian highlands in ancient times.

http://www.wholeworldbotanicals.com/herbal_maca