Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marijuana and the band, tips and advice thread!

I'm not here to start a political debate or argument so I hope the posters on this thread stick to the topic! The fact of the matter is, in several places in the USA weed is now legal, and in many other places it's decriminalized, and statistically people with bands will live in said areas.

OK, so now that that is out of the way, what are your tips and tricks to keep the munchies in check? Please share your ideas!

I usually:

- Pre-portion out foods before getting high

- Try and make good choices for comfort foods. For example I like savory and sweet foods when I'm baked, so I prepare things like meat and a pre-cut fruit for dessert. Sometimes if I'm craving ice cream, I throw berries and mango into a blender with a tsp of sugar and almond milk. It's amazing!

- Make a note to yourself while sober to remember NOT to overeat! You don't want to undue all your hard work from the week.

- Eat extra slow...now that I don't eat slow now :P

Hope to hear some good ideas!

And for those health nuts (trust me I am one!) I use a vaporizer and it is a very casual habit of mine (not that I think frequency matters).

Honestly?

I have no problem with people smoking pot. To each their own and I'd much rather see someone smoke weed than a tobacco cigarette.

However, the only answer to the pot munchies is not give into them. If you're eating when not physically hungry then you're messing up. Plus, it is way too easy to accidentally over-eat when high, which can lead to esophageal dilation and slips.

In my opinion, giving into stoned munching should never be an option. It's totally counter-productive to the band.

if you gonna munch

choose protein/healthier options

..plan ahead...

not that id know....

I haven't smoked pot in many years, but when I did, I was a "wake 'n bake" smoker; first thing I did upon waking, and the last thing I did before going to bed.

My comments come from my own experience, and I'm not saying that this applies to you.... I could not control the munchies. Even when dieting, I would plan something knowing they would come, but I could not stop with the one planned out thing.

I understand that you're not in a place to give up smoking. But (based on my own experience), you are setting yourself up to fail with the band. As Mis said above, planning to eat when you're not hungry, is contra-band (no pun intended). Munchies killed every diet I went on, except for the times I took amphetamines along with it. That being said, the only recommendation I can offer, is to eat one piece of fruit, a Protein bar, or some Greek yogurt. Not ALL of it. If you see yourself getting out of control, then you have some decisions (other than what to eat), to make. No judgement here......I speak from MANY (too many) years of experience :blink:

I've been losing weight while still smoking and I've been having no problems.

I usually make a pact with my husband to eat x amount of food (which is usually our normal amount of dinner). We might add in 1 piece of fruit for dessert if we're really craving, but we don't go out of control. We never smoke and eat when it's not meal time, as to not eat twice.

We also actively shame each other LOL. If we're really craving something bad, we say "Adrian (our boxing coach) will be really disappointed in you if you cheat!". The shaming always works :P Even if we can't remember the last 5 seconds, we always remember Adrian!!! LOL!! The thought of letting him down is more than we can bare.

Best advice is to not even have bad food around. The last thing I want to eat when I have the munchies is spinach...but hey, if I have to, at least I'm eating spinach :P

There's never any typical junk/high calorie food in my house ever, chips, crackers, soda/juice, Cookies, etc.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches