Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you miss favorite foods

AMEN!!! I agree - I feel more unhealthy now then I ever have in my life! You're right - I need to make an appointment. I've just been "dealing" with it.

WheelCrazy ... please describe "issues" you have with healthy food.

I have only had 3 fills and have no restriction so this has peeked my interest.

I still enjoy all my favorite foods. The only thing I've given up is soda, but I don't even miss it anymore.

Thanks to everyone! Very helpful and reassuring. I would probably miss an

occasional beer, never was a soda drinker so OK to give it up, I think my

fear is comfort foods we have at family gatherings, it would be tough to

permanently say good bye. I'm confident I eat a pretty balanced diet, just

too much of everything, my body just doesn't know when to stop. Hope the

band helps.

I miss grinders! (or subs/hoagies as others might call them). I can't eat that sort of soft fluffy bread anymore so no more Subway for me. While I can get it on flat bread or in a pita it's just not the same so yes I do miss it. I could cut it up into dice size pieces but even then I can't really do the bread for fear or being stuck.

Thank god Diet Coke works just fine with my band!

Finding substitutes can really help. I can't believe how good zucchini crust pizza is. I think I'll be baking it weekly now it's so good and really fills my pizza craving.

That sounds awesome!! Where can I find a recipe??

I feel like I have given up everything that is healthy for me!! I can not eat fruits or veggies - and I REALLY miss them!!! But I have no problem drinking beer....

I can't speak to the beer part, but raw fruits and vegetables are scary for me and so I was avoiding them like the plague, then I bought a ninja blender and I am not having any problems getting my 5 servings a day. This morning's Breakfast will consist of fresh pineapple, a gala apple, spinach, greek yogurt and a scoop of Protein powder.

You desperately need to see your surgeon and get some major help. None of that is even remotely right not to mention completely counter productive to having the band at all.

I'm not saying you SHOULD drink beer over fruits and veggies but if you sat a beer in front of me and an apple I could drink the beer way faster than I could eat the apple. There's something about the juiciness of fruit that makes it go WAY slow in my pouch. For me eating fruit is almost like eating and drinking at the same time because of all of the Water in it. Veggies are easier than fruit but salad goes down slow a lot of times and don't even get me started on eggplant.

I'm still in the early stages of the process' date=' still sure I want to go through with it, but there are fears of the unknown. Were any of you afraid of giving up foods you loved? If you had to adjust, how long does it take?[/quote']

"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels" ....or at least that's what I remember thin feeling like, lol. I read that somewhere.

I absolutely cant eat raw broccoli, and no chicken breast , but chicken thighs are fine. Same with pork chps, theyre too thick, but pork loin is fine. Also , no deli general tsos chicken , its too thick. Other than that I just have to eat 3 bites of potatoes or bread and then I get heartburn and stop, but im surprised at how little I miss those foods. Down 63 lb with 20 or so to go. Cant wait, getting there slowly and healthy , today I wore size 10 skinny jeans ,, not the old lady size 18s I used to wear , who cares about what little I cant eat . Not me ,,, wheeee ,,,

I love my band because I didn't really have to give up anything except carbonated beverages.

The only other foods I avoid are apple skins and rice... they don't get stuck... they just feel strange going down... all other foods are fine.

issue of throwing up.

Everything in moderating... the band is great because I never feel like I'm missing out. I use the example... now I eat 1 to 2 slices of pizza instead of an entire medium pizza.< /p>

Don't go into this journey saying "I'll never be able to eat this or that ever again"... some people say that can't eat this or that without even trying it... if you try something once and it feels strange... don't be afraid to try it again in a few days/weeks... and remember each person is different.

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss: 160 lbs

Yeah, I was scared that I might not be able to eat most of my comfort foods. Potatoes smothered in butter and gravy, chicken fried steak, pizza, lasagna, sandwiches, etc. But, I can still eat those foods if I want to but funny thing is, I don't want to anymore(except a once or twice a year pizza).

I don't miss the fast food. I've even stopped off at McD's and bought a double cheeseburger a few times and it just doesn't taste good anymore. My favorite quote from this board comes from Pink Dahlia, "I'm so stinkin' thrilled with my weight loss i dont even care about what i cant eat!"

Only thing I have a hard time with is Steak and doughy bread like hamburger rolls. BUT, like TMF my interest in all the foods that I once couldn't live without diminished greatly. chips and Cheez-Its used to be my go to foods. I haven't had chips in months and Cheez-Its since before surgery. It amazes me still how I don't miss food. At times I say to myself so this is how normal (non weight issue) people feel.

I gave up meat because it was hard for me but I do not miss it. I eat anything I want in moderation but choose to eat healthy. Clean food taste so much better than that cheap food I used to eat.

"At times I say to myself so this is how normal (non weight issue) people feel."- Jim1967

Wow Jim! That's powerful, right there, we don't know what it's like not to be consumed with food in one way or another. To make this realization, must be very liberating. Thanks for the motivation and wisdom.

I find I can still have most chickens but if it's chicken breast or a little dry I dip in a little ranch. I've had problems with pork chips but I think I didn't chew it well. It traumatized me and I haven't tried it since. I still haven't tried steak.