Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

No EGD yet. The one I had in July is being "faxed" to see if it shows anything of value.

You know, I think I am just screwed. Forgive the way I put that, but I have been on the OH boards reading about RNY and I just don't think I can do it. Removing a band is one thing, but you can not redo the RNY... just can't do it.

As I sit bawling about the whole thing, I don't know what to do. Guess my only option is to remove the band (if I absolutely have to) and be fat.

Maybe I need a third opinion...

Poodles, a crystal ball sure would come in handy. Trust your instincts. As you say, the band isn't permanent. Would your insurance allow removal and reinsertion at a later date?

Cathy - living with depression is bad enough. I can't imagine coming home to more depression. You are a strong cooikie!

I'm more than ready to change my forever goal from 159 to 175. Heck, I'd take my old stand by 187 if it came with a guarantee!

Happy bday tomorrow Barbaras.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. My birthday isn't until Friday. Once you've had 60 birthdays you don't get too excited about them anymore. Of course I'm just glad to have another one and when I think about how much better I feel today than I did when I was 59 it reminds me how greatful I am for this band.

Socalgal, you are having such continued success, do you credit this to the hypnotism? You must think it's helping since you are continuing. Give us some updates on how you feel about it.

I am stuck at 182. I am very thankful to be stuck there considering how I eat and "don't" exercise. I just want something to motivate me to move on from here. Now that the season is changing I know I have no excuse not to get outside and move.

My sister died very unexpectedly when she was 61. She went to bed with a headache and never woke up (brain aneursym). I have to admit that this birthday reminds me of her and reminds me how quickly life can be taken from us. I've made so much progress in improving my health by losing 80+ pounds, now I just need to keep going.

I appreciate this thread and the continued support we give each other.

Good morning Junebies. Regina, I'm totally pulling for you to reach that goal. You can do it!

I had a telephone session with my long time therapist (On and off for 16 years). He honed right in on my issues, and of course, most of them are tied to my daughter, permeating my BF issues, my son issues and my anxiety. He also told me I am one of the most resilient people he knows (He's been through a lot with me) and that he will help make sure I get through this crisis too. He did think the self medication with food over the years was a huge coping mechnism, and that this is making my current feelings seem magnified and more overwhelming. I don't know, but just talking about it with him made me feel better than I have in weeks.

Now maybe I can get back to exercising! Have a good day everyone.

Good to hear from you Barbara!

Glad you are feeling better Cathy!

I had another good day-3 in a row! I walked for 2 hours at the beach, got in all my Protein and Water and stayed within my calories. I think that hypnotism has helped me alot. I always knew my weight battle was all in my head and hypnotism really has calmed me down stress-wise and motivated me exercise-wise. It may not be the answer for everyone, but it was the right thing at the right time for me. I listen to my personalized CD every night before bed and go to group every Monday. I'm a believer!

Socalgal - I'd say a SUCCESSFUL believer! Look at your ticker! You've quietly moved that baby along! Yeah for you!

Barbara12, Barbara4 and I had lunch together yesterday. Man was it good to "brainstorm" our band issues.

Accepting the forever concept of small portions, eaten slowly and chewed to smitherines hasn't been on my radar in quite some time.

My restriction is never constant. I've been unwilling to accept that a meal is sometimes over after one or two bites.

Last year I did accept that fact. I saved the meal for "later". I wasn't afraid of a growling stomach.

This is a day by day process!

I so agree with you PinkyLee...I dont want my lunch or dinner over after just 2 bites of food. I want to eat like everyone else. It sucks sometimes..but i keep telling myself that it is only food...and as some people say "NOTHING TASTE AS GOOD AS BEING SKINNY FEELS"..its not our weight we have to control its our BRAIN...i know my brain says eat all the time.

Anyways...I got my BodyBugg in and its a pretty cool little device..I havent figured out everything about it ..but i do know i need to move my butt according to the Bugg! It tells me how many more calories i need to burn that day to lose those 2lbs a week that i want to lose.

Regina: Just wanted to post how extremely proud I am of you for hitting your goal. You have had a rough year and have still made it thru. Congrats!!!

Sorry if I'm annoying you all with my daily updates, but I feel like the accountability of posting is keeping me focused right now. So, I did 20 minutes on my exercsie bike and 3 sets of 5 different arm exercises(I can't afford arm surgery for the bat wings!!) I got in all my protein(60g + daily) and my Water. I even got 17g of Fiber which is alot for me! It's so hard to get fiber in! We are all pulling for Regina to be the first Junebie at goal! I am gunning for second-anyone care to challenge me? haha Have a healthy Friday!TGIF!

I so agree with you PinkyLee...I dont want my lunch or dinner over after just 2 bites of food. I want to eat like everyone else. It sucks sometimes..but i keep telling myself that it is only food...and as some people say "NOTHING TASTE AS GOOD AS BEING SKINNY FEELS"..its not our weight we have to control its our BRAIN...i know my brain says eat all the time.

Anyways...I got my BodyBugg in and its a pretty cool little device..I havent figured out everything about it ..but i do know i need to move my butt according to the Bugg! It tells me how many more calories i need to burn that day to lose those 2lbs a week that i want to lose.

Hey fellow Louisianian here (Hammond). How has crawfish seaon been? I can eat my weight in crawfish, shrimp, crabs. HAve you been to a boil and if so was it hard?

Thanks for all the motivation guys. I need it, Some how I just can't seem to reach that goal.

Poodles thanks for the congrats but I haven't reached goal, still looming over the same 7-10lbs, the way I'm going socalgal is gonna pass me!!! LOL

I sabotage myself so bad, am i the only one who does this????

Socalgal - No way are your updates annoying. We need to hear from bandsters that are on the right track. It's inspiring and a positive.

I wouldn't dare challenge you to goal, but I would be interested in a five pound challenge.

If any Junebie is interested in a five pound challenge - please post. The only rule would be that each person joining the challenge will have to post a before and after photo - same pose, same clothing. Come on Junebies - we've gotten this far.

Challenge begins Saturday a.m.

Take an early morning weight

Take a before picture and post it on the Junebie thread

Tickers are optional

Who's in?