Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

I am back from my EGD. Everything went well. No slips, no erosion. Down 14 lbs in a week. They said that it is probably Water weight, and took out .2 cc so that I can drink in the morning. The doctor gave me the "throw out the cheetos" speach, and sent me on my way.

Will let you know how things go in the morning. :love:

Thanks Regina for the good thoughts.

Hi Gang,I was banded on June 8, 2006 and so far I have on lost 48lbs so it's been really slow for me can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong I know I probally need to get down more Protein. Please help me

We would really need more details Isprin. What is your fill level? Are you exercising? Counting calories? Making sure to get your daily Water and Protein? What does your doc say? How tall are you and what was your starting weight? We might be able to help with a bit more info.

Glad things went well Poodles!

Thursday night went to our favorite Mexican restaurant. Had two sips of a margarita and started gurgling. Left restaurant after 15 minutes of that and hubby brought my food home. An hour later I was able to eat. Friday I could eat anything and everything. I just can't tell with this fill what is going on. Laying low today so I don't have problems and don't get out of control!

Hubby and I went for a hamburger yesterday afternoon. I got about 2 oz in before i stopped. No bun or anything just the meat. We got home and I started PBing. I went on for 13 hours. THis was the worst ever. I was going to the emergency room, but feared they wouldn't know what to do. I haven't tried anything yet this morning. I'll see if some room temperature Water is going to go down. I think this is it for me and this fill. I need to get some out and get the band checked for placement.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

I'm sorry you are having problems Barb4. But, I hear many bandsters have trouble with ground beef. Happy Sunday all.

Sorry to hear of your ordeal Barbara465. I hope that you are feeling better soon.

I'm a bit under the weather this weekend. I have a nice summer cold. Only positive thing is that my appetite sucks!! Hey, I'll take improvement almost anyway I can get it. When you can't taste you don't much feel like eating.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Melissa Lea

Hi Ladies:

Its been a while since I last posted. I am doing really well and now Iam down 70 pounds!

I found that when I went back to basics that the weight has been peeling off!

Also going to the gym three to four times a week is helping both physically and mentally also.

I found that with my band (speaking only for myself and not others!) I can not eat icecream, any beef of any kind, any bread of any kind, any sauces especially spicy-- they are my death sentence! What I mean is I spend my time in the bathroom throwing up big time if I eat any of these foods!!

It was so bad at times I thought I was going to lose my band or really damage my throat!

So when I went for my one year visit with my surgeon and spoke to him, my Nurse Practioner, and Dietician they all agreed to go back to basics and stay away from those foods if Iam getting such a bad reaction!

I have to say the pay off of staying away from those foods has been a major weight loss and a smaller size in clothes and believe me Iam enjoying every minute of this! My size 18's are lose and I look and feel great!

My son graduates from Pre-K on August 10th( he goes to aspecial school for his speech delay) and and my Mom turns 60 on August 9th. She is taking my son with her when she visits my brother in Cali from August 10th ( they leave that night) until August 15th.

My husband and I are going to his parents upstate house in Lake George for that time to have a vacation of our own. I can not wait to hit the outlet stores and do some shopping!!

Iam sorry to hear that so many of you are having so many problems with your band, please hang in there!

Now that I made my year( 6.13.07) I am only required to go every three months to see my doctor (every doctor is different)so my next visit is in September. Maybe then I will look into getting a fill since my doctor felt I did not need one when I last saw him.

These next few weeks will be very busy for me as my son finishes school and I go on vacation,so I will try to keep up on the post as best as I can.

Barb465: I had a scare like yours this year, it ended up that I had something stuck in my band! I went to see my surgeon and he unfilled me and I had the swollow test done. It was back in Feb. if you go back in the post. I had to be totally unfilled and I had to stay like that for at least a month. That was so that my band could mend.

You have to be careful what you eat! - It's just a warning since this happened to me and I know what you went through first hand and the discomfort. I felt like I was having a heart attack or something and totally scared my husband! I swear I have never thrown up like that before even while pregnant with my son!

I hope your feeling better really soon! Stay on liquids like broth and lots of Water. Please keep us posted!

Love, friendship and good vibes to all,

Lisa (-formerly: LeeceLove 70--now Lisa1670)

Lisa, how wonderful. Your words and experiences are so encouraging. I can hear from your tone that you are in a much better place both mentally and physically. I am so happy for you. Keep up the good work and keep encouraging the rest of us. I just keep bouncing around the same 3 or 4 pounds. I am so grateful for this band because without it I would be back up to 265 or beyond. I know that getting back to basics is the right answer to continue losing, but thanks for the reminder.

Keep up the good work. I can't tell you how good you made me feel today. Thank you!

Barb123: You are so very welcome! I was just updating since I have not been posting in a while. Iam gald to have encouraged you!

Iam am really worried about about Barb 465 since I went through what she did and it was so scary and painful! I really hope she is okay-- please if any one hears from her please post!

All really did was as I mentioned was go back to basics and go back to my eating plan that worked for me when I first had the surgery. I mentioned once before in a post that I follow Kay Sheppards food Plan from her book " Food Addiction The Body Knows".

I have the eating disorder of Complusive Overeating and Sugar Addiction and was in Overeaters Anonymous for many years. This plan has always worked for me when I wanted to lose weight. I used it when I first had surgery before I had my first fill and I lost 40 pounds from June 2006 until my first fill in October of 2006.

It is working for me again now since it forbids sugar and flour which for me are like poison! You do not have be in OA to follow the food plan and it is a good one for those who have had weight loss surgery.

Kay Sheppard has a website so you can check out the food plan -

Welcome to KaySheppard.com .

Maybe it can be helpful to others in the group.

I wish every one well and Barb465 I hope you get well soon and Iam thinking about you!

Love, Hugs and friendship to all,

Lisa( LeeceLove70 -now Lisa1670)

Just returned from getting a .3 unfill. My band looked good they said and the position was spot on. I don't know why I react like this. It must be something else in my esphogus. Anyway, I'm back to where I was when I was in Vegas except I'm a .1 less. They took out .2 and I still felt a little funny. It was probably nerves and swolen esphogas, but I had them take out another .1. I just couldn't go through anymore.

Last night I had one teaspoon of a shake and started PBing again. I don't know if it was too cold or too hot or not just right, but that is all I could take.

I really think I have something else. I noticed I can't take an kind of spicy foods. I really don't try, but even my safe queso started giving me problems a couple of weeks ago.

I guess I'll let all of this settle down and then go in for some kind of test. I'm through with fills though. No more for me. I'll just have to resort to counting calories and watching what I eat. I'll try to be more dilegent in Portion Control.< /p>

Thanks for the concern. I think I'm in a better place now. :)

Barb465:

So glad to hear you are feeling better! I was also thinking of going in for test since lately I have been feeling some tenderness and pain on my right side once again. It feels like when I had the gastro- intestinal virus a few months back and thought it was a gallbladder scare.

It seems I have alot of trouble eating certain foods and Iam not talking about sugar and flour-- I mean sometimes even eating chicken or some tuna fish bothers me. Even vegetables that I love like broccoli and spinach bother me at times.

I think that I did some damage to my esophagus because of alot of throwing up when I had bad reactions to certain foods!

Thats one test I want done and also whatever they can do to test my band and the area around it.

Iam eating right and exercising and but these things are bothering me so I want them checked out.

Again, Iam glad to her that your okay Barb.

Lisa

Eating spicy foods and having a problem, can definetly be signs of gallbladder issue's. Also, ground beef will get me to PB'ing every time. I think it is the consistancy or something.

I have been bouncing around the same 4 lbs for 4 months now, I am so totally discouraged, I know, i know what everyone says, I have been through a lot in that 4 months, but still I want to hit goal sooo bad!!!!

Regina: I never said I eat spicy foods! Iam Italian and the sauce from some of our ethnic dishes were bothering me.( before and after surgery!) Also apple sauce which is not spicy. Most of you are from Texas and seem to love your Mexican foods! I have noticed that you all seems to eat them alot -- they would do a job on my stomach if I ever ate them post-op and now pre-op!

You have the lost the most of us all and have been through the most surgery wise, but yet your still not happy? Why are you so hard on your self?

Take a step back and look at all you have done this past year and how far you have come.

You are no longer that 255 pound woman anymore, your this incredible sexy and beautiful skinny and healthy woman!

You are inspiration for all of us who still have alot to lose and your only 5 pounds from goal and your unhappy!---- PLEASE STOP BEING SO HARD ON YOURSELF! NO MORE NEGATIVE TALK!

**I say this with all the love and friendship that I could possibly send from here in New York to you there in Texas! Email is so much cheaper than sending it by mail !--lol

Love and hugs and friendship to all of you,

Lisa

P.S DO NOT HATE ME REGINA! YOUR MY INSPIRATION AND I LOVE YOU GIRLFRIEND!