Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Great pictures. Your link has a stop at the beginning of it and that is why it won't let us just click on it. I viewed the pics in slide show mode and the music and the pictures were just beautiful. Your daughter is absolutely precious.

Aimee - you are so beautiful! and happy! Your pictures make me want to cry with joy.

Congrats on your new life and beautiful family.

Cathy - Congrats on the new job. I knew you would have a counter offer. It comes with your new life.

We project a more positive image and we get more results.

Sometimes our closest relationships suffer. I've realized that DH and I had a lot of our communication around food, dinner, out to eat. ONce food was no longer a joy . . . .

I've been replaying the Secret over and over. I realized the healing time I wanted was probably up. Time to be me again. That means cooking and being willing to go out to eat even if I don't feel like it. It's been such a pleasure to hold hands and get some real hugs again. DH started an exercise program yesterday and is eating lighter. Something I had hoped for a long time! Sharing food can be an act of love. I had been giving him all my leftovers I couldn't eat, not out of love, but with a sense of disappointment that I couldn't enjoy it. This small change in attitude has kept me from the sugar bowl and I'm happy to see DH walk in the door at the end of the day. Life will never be a bed of roses with a band, but I was beginning to wonder if I hadn't lost way more than I bargained for.

Aimee, you are a gorgeous bride!!!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing. You look awesome and sooo happy!!!!

Cathy- congrats- a lot can be said for our renewed self esteem, it projects outwardly and people stop and take notice of the new attitude...

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone. The best part of my new job is that it's 5 minutes from my house, whereas my old job is a 40 minute commute. That leaves me with no excuses not to exercise, right?

For forty years I thought I had a slow metablolism. Why else was it so hard to lose weight and keep it off? The band has exposed the truth. I'm 52 years old and managed to lose 97 pounds in a year without an exercise program of any kind. In other words, my metabolism is probably quite efficient. But the weight loss is slowing and it is time to exercise now, so it's good that things are falling into place.

Beautiful wedding pics. And I think I'm starting to feel motivated to cook again myself now, thanks Pinky. I have never cooked for my BF in the 8 months we've been together, though I'm always telling him about my best recipes. He'd probably be very jazzed if I actually made one! Not to mention my kids do miss their favorites. I always equated cooking, especially sweets, with showing love. I've tried to break that connection since the band, but I think I may have gone a bit overboard.

Have a great day everyone.

Year number 2 with the band brings us with a new attitude about food. To be enjoyed within proper limits. Each of us need to decide where those limits will be.

I'm so happy to leave my sugar habit behind me. I'm enjoying a cup of tea without any sweetner. I simply would rather taste the tea than the sweet. :whoo:

I have to say guys, it is such a treat to read your posts!

Hi everyone! I am back from Canada and I read through all the posts I missed. The scale showed 180 this morning! Yahoo!

Aimee- Congrats on the wedding and I echo everyone's sentiments that you were beaming! A lovely bride who certainly looked happy. Your daughter is beautiful too!

Congrats on the job Cathy!

Regina- Don't push yourself too hard too soon. You've been through a lot this year!

Barb465- How is it going? Keeping off the soft foods? Get yourself back to Curves and Tai Chi! You were on a roll!

Pinky- I'm glad things are going better. It is hard for me sometimes not to fall back into depressive mode. You have too much of a positive personality to give in!

Barb123-Let's see those 170's! I'm so close myself! I can't wait.

Melissa-Are you going to try to go back in and get a fill anytime soon?

Anyone I missed, sorry-it's early and I couldn't sleep last night. Where are you Poodles?? Wondering if you are ok.

Oh! Momma T- I would say give your band a rest by going on liquids. Then get in to the doctor for a check. Heartburn was my biggest complication from my slip-but also not being able to eat, back pain, etc. So be careful!

Ok, I'll shut up now....Have a great day all.

It was awesome! I went to Calagry to visit a friend using my frequent flyer miles. We went up the Calgary Tower, went to Stampede(the big rodeo/fair), went to Banff(up the gondola, Lake Louise, Lake Moraine, the hot springs, etc.), white Water rafting, went on the luge at the site of the 1988 Calgary Winter Olympics, farmer's market, out to dinner, shopping, etc. There is so much to do in the Calgary area, I'll definitely be going back! I leave on Friday for Arizona to stay with my aunt and uncle for my cousin's birthday. Busy summer!

OK guys I still can't eat. I've been able to get liquids in so I'm not dehydrated. I can eat from around 11 until 3 in the afternoon. Not eat, eat. Just more open. I am taking Aciphex twice a day. I have made an appointment for an unfill on Friday afternoon. Gives me another 30+ hrs to get this in control or .2 of the fill comes out.

I am not going to get anymore fills. If this comes out or stays I'm through with that for quite a while. I want to lose, but I dont want it like this. I'll get back to my program once I can eat again. The heartburn and stuck feeling is more than I can cope with. Strange though, I feel good. I'm not tired. Weird don't you think?

Glad to hear about your trip socal. Glad you had fun.

When are we planning the Dallas gathering? Are we going to meet for lunch or dinner? I guess the Houston group can come up and spend the weekend. :) Road trip!

Barbara4 - glad to hear you aren't weak from the ordeal. I'll keep my fingers crossed everything goes normal b4 Friday.

Socalgal3 - you are one adventurous lady.

Hey there!

Thought I'd pop in for a minute. Wow lot's of activity today. I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing great.

Cathy --congrats on the new job. You have a wonderful raise (2 hours of your life back everyday from your soon to be previous comute --awesome!!)

Aimee --your wedding pics are beautiful. Congrats and well wishes to you and yours as you have begun your new lives together.

Barbara4 --sorry to hear your still having problems with your recent fill. I hope it resolves soon.

Socalgal --glad you had a wonderful time on your vacation. You will have to post a couple of pics for us to see when you have a chance. Also congrats on your new scale victory. As for me getting a fill, I think I will try to when I get a chance to get back to Houston.

Sorry if I missed anyone. Just incase --Congrats to everyone and all that you are accomplishing.

Melissa Lea

Just a quick update. Its after 8 in the evening and no throwing up. This is a first in a week!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had bean/bacon Soup that DH pureed for me. I also had a few crackers. No heartburn. Maybe I'm turning a corner. Let's hope.

A bump in the road - I had to get a total unfill today guys.

I had .5 (of 2.0 in a 4.0) removed before my wedding so I could go on my honeymoon and enjoy some of the food in Hawaii. I went back last Tuesday to have the .5 put back in and I'm not sure why but I've been so tight since then. I tried to let the swelling go down, but to no avail. Yesterday I started having some heavy heartburn and I couldn't get anything down. I called and made an appt to get unfilled the .5 this morning. Well, last night around 11p I woke up with what felt like severe pain right under my rib cage on my left side. It was in waves - and I really truly thought I was having a heart attack. I knew I had been having problems with my not being able to get things down, so in the back of my mind I guess I chalked it up to that and didn't go to the ER (crazy, I know...I just felt like God wouldn't do that to me at this point in my life *FAITH*!) So I woke up my husband and told him what was going on and he called my MD. At this point I was having what felt like waves of spasms right at the base of my esophagus and by my stomach - HORRIBLE and PAINFUL. My MD was on vacation, so his partner told me to meet him at his office at once (what a super guy - I was SO thankful). We met him at 515am and I told him what was going on. He did a fluro and I had what he said was some severe swelling and a lot of inflammation. So he took everything out. I'm now 0.0 in a 4.0 band. But did I ever feel relief! I was so scared something horrible had happened. When he removed the last amount, I had to drink some Water and I felt something just *plop* into my stomach. He said I probably had something stuck in the stoma although it didn't show in fluoro. He told me to stay on mushies and liquids for the rest of the week and I have to go in again on Monday to see how things look for another fluoro. I'm just so relived I'm okay. Anyway I just wanted to share (sorry if I scare anyone!)

And thank you so much to everyone for the compliments on our wedding pictures. The day was perfect and life has been wonderful :)

Sorry about that scare Aimee! I'm glad you are ok and on the mend.

Best of luck Barbara4! Is Acidphex prescription or OTC? I've been eating Pepcid Complete and drinking Maalox! Ugh! I'm tight again too. Not sure if it was the cabin pressure in the plane, PMS, my sinuses again or what. I put myself on liquids today and tomorrow to see if I improve.

I'll try to post some pics of my trip.

WOW take care of yourself! I may be next to go get an unfil, but trying to hold off. Yesterday was first day in over a week no PBs. Aciphex is prescription for acid reflux. I'm going to take one again today to see if I can keep the acid down.

Socal - I noticed when I fly I get tighter. Give it a day or two to go back before taking action. :)

Hope everyone has a healthier day.