Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Poodles - There is a solution to this. Whatever it is we are backing you 100%.

To you "newbies". Walking cures a lot of "ills".

Hey everyone! Have a happy and safe 4th of July.

I CAN'T WAIT for my fill July 5th. I feel wide open. I pray I don't have a leak. That's my biggest fear. We shall see.

Melissa Lea

So far so good on my fill. I went to Houston's for early dinner. I had a crab cake and some spinach dip. Yummy. Not sure about restriction. I am just being careful, but I still think I can eat too much.

Have a happy and safe 4th. Good luck on the fill Melissa. Walk and use a heating pad for those gas pains. That's all that worked for me.

Poodles I hear your frustration. Maybe it is time to look at the bypass or one of its off shoots. THis is not for everyone and maybe this will not work for you. You've given it a year and if you feel that way at least explore your options. We love ya and will support whatever your decision. We are here for you.

Thanks Socal for the advice. I did buy the stips and I guess they are ok. Today was good b/c I was able to get rid of alot of gas! I'm also taking Maalox and that helps tremendously. I've been walking around the house to help reduce it as well. Today was much better than yesterday and I know tomorrow will be even better!

Thanks again!

Well ladies Iam back on track and looking and feeling great! I have lost the weight that I had gained from the Bipolar medication changes and Iam now offically 60 pounds downs!( I do my next weekly weight in on Friday!).

Since now that I made my one year, I am no longer required to go each month to see my Nurse Practioner. I have to go every three months. My surgeon does not do the fills, she does and I also see my dietican also at those visits(these cost $80 each since they are not covered under my insurance, they are out of network and I get reimburshed. My surgeon and the hospital are covered under my health plan of Empire BC/BS PPO of New York).

Anyway, I do the "Food Addict the Body Knows" by Kay Sheppard, food plan which I had used when I was in Overeaters Annoymous- no sugar or flour. You can check the plan out on her website- Welcome to KaySheppard.com

I also have gone back to gym with my doctors approval and I go almost everyday for a half hour or up to an hour. I do the treadmill and my goal is to get to 5 miles in an hour.

As of yesterday I have done 2 miles in a half hour at 3.5 incline at 3.0 speed! The treadmill also tell you calories burned and said an Iam not lying on this one I burned 262 calories! I then went to Dunkin Donuts and enjoyed my Iced Coconut coffee with a little half and half and 2 equal thats my after workout treat!

I have my dance cd's to listen to and Iam loving working out! I can feel the difference in my clothes and now Iam in a size 18!

I had such joy over this weekend when I went to Avenue and they had the Red Tag Sale and I bought so much summer stuff. Capris, Bermuda Shorts, Tee Shirts, and Tanks. My arms actually look good in tanks!

Also I had a friend who is a photographer take a professional head shoot of me and its now on my profile. She really made me look good with lots of make up -- which I normally do not wear and she did my hair(I dyed it again - Its now dark brown almost black-- my son was like Mommy you need to look like me -- My hair is not red!-lol)

I have sent my family and friends pictures of me before and after to sow them that I made my one year of having my Lapband and they can not believe the changes in me!

I really has been a wonderful year!

I look at all of our before and after pictures and I have to say this June 2006 Crew really has changed so much in one year!

We all look so great and Iam so proud of all of our hard work!

Also it is great to see some newcomers to our group who just got banded -I hope we can give them good advice and support!

I also hope that they have a great June 2007 group out there for them, that we have here!

Thanks Melissa for starting this June 2006 Band Crew, I bet that you never thought one post could go this far!

Love, Hugs and friendship always,

Lisa aka Leecelove70

How was the fill Melissa?

I am doing fine, but I think my esophagus is irritated again. I haven't PB'd, so I don't know why, but it is sore. I'm thinking I can't do spicy foods, orange juice, coffee, etc. anymore. Grrrr

Hypnosis is ok, but I don't feel a big change. I do feel more relaxed though. I hope everyone is doing great and din't overdo it at the celebrations for the 4th!

Socalgal - Couldn't agree with you more on the irritation thing, but I can't seem to give up coffee! It will be a looooong time b4 I feel like "celebrating" anything.

Wish there were a magic wand or something that could motivate me to "get back at it". Exercise is the only thing keeping me from gaining. I'm happy to know how to maintain, but I sure would like to see a new number!

It rained again today. I think that is about 20 days straight. I'm having fun with my new iphone. There is so much to do with it. I got this website up on it at one point. Now have to figure out how to login so I can post. :) Its my new toy and keeps my hands busy so no eating!

Fill is going good, but still can eat too much. Trying to get more solid food in and less easy food. Hope that will help.

Hey Socalgal --

They didn't and wouldn't give me a fill. Everything is different. I had to go to the docs office and he has a new nurse. She said I looked fine where I was at. I told her I was able to eat too much. She didn't seem to believe me. She said I have nothing stretched out and she also said, I have a very small pouch. Hummmm. Well, I will give it a go a bit longer on my current fill amount. Next time I'm in town I will stop by at the Surgicenter and get a fill there. The girl there will give me a tweaking.

But for now, I'm going to try and follow the bandster rule of no drinking with meals. I still don't notice a difference if I drink or not drink with meals. I guess I'm down to the head game. I can win this!!

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. Mine was awesome!!!! Now I guess it's almost time to get back to reality.

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!

I was shocked Melissa when I heard you didn't get a fill. You and I can eat the same amount. Too much!! :) I got a fill and have noticed very little change. However, I find myself eating easy foods. When I try for something more solid I start to get hung. No PBs, but that feeling. I'm trying to force myself to eat more hard Proteins.< /p>

I got my Iphone and have had lots of fun this weekend setting it up. Now maybe I can check in to Lapbandtalk from work. :( Not sure I could type a long message, but its getting better. This device is really cool.

Have a great week everyone.

Barbara4 - Eating "easy" is exactly why I want to avoid a fill. I do too much of that already. Tomorrow is another day. Hope I do better!

Congrats on the Iphone!

Melissa - I'm thinking you may have tightened your stomach muscles as the barium swallow was going down.

Guess I am going to eat easy starting tomorrow. I bought a one week supply of Medifast to try. If THAT does not work, I will find the nearest cliff... (guess that would be Oak Cliff. :) )

Wish me luck.

The only way I can get into this forum was to go and rejoin under a different name sicne I kept getting locked out under Leece Love 70. I used to have LeeceLove 70 all set up that all I had to do was just go to my AOl favorites and slick on the link and it would go to the site. Once there I could just click on subscribed threads. Well last week it kept telling me to sign in and wehn I did it kept telling me that I was putting in the wrong user name and pass word. I know I was not doing this since I have both of these written down on my bulletin board which is hung up right on top of my computer.

After logging in five times it locked me out. So I had no choice but to rejoine under another name which is this one you see now.

I HATE WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO THIS SITE!

Anyway :update:: I have lost another 5 pounds so now its 65 pounds down ! I think going bck to to the gym 3 to 4 times a week for 30-45 minutes at a time is really helping my weight loss and its really exciting me ! I have to change my tickers.

So if you see post with this new name its me- Lisa ( LeeceLove 70) .

I miss you all and I hope all are doing well.

I HATE THE WAY THEY HAVE CHANGED THIS SITE!- HAVE I SAID THAT ALREADY-LOL

LISA

The "good old days" are gone on this site - FOR SURE!!!! Don't worry, Lisa - we'll know you. Appreciate your new font (in bold?). Easier to read.