Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

I have a rental now- a Saturn Ion 4 door. They are towing my car tomorrow to appraise it and I should have a compensation offer by the end of the week, so I'll keep you all posted on the "new" car. It really depends on how much I get. My car was paid off and I can't handle much of a payment right now.

I bought some papaya enzymes today, so I'll let you know how that goes. I did much better with liquids today. Didn't get 8 in, but about 5, which is a vast improvement over the past few days. It is only 7pm. I'll try to get a little more in before bed.

I think the papaya helped a little. I am sipping Water right now and although it is gurgling alot, it isn't just sitting in my chest hurting like before. For those who haven't tried it before, it is worth a shot.

Hi everyone! I haven't posted here for quite a while now...sorry! I need help. For the past week I have been very sore in the exact area where I get a pain if I eat too fast and food gets stuck. I haven't been feeling well for the past few weeks...coughing, sore throat, and it hurts when I eat anything...even Soups. Sometimes I get a sharp pain in my chest. I don't have insurance so I haven't been to the Dr. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I haven't read back through all of the posts...but I will start now. Thanks and it is fun to be back to see how everyone is doing.

My update, I have lost a total of 54 pounds...not as much as I would like...but I feel so much better than I did a year ago!

Glad to hear from you Janelle. Do you have any other symptoms like heartburn, PBs, etc? It is hard to tell if it is band related since you have been sick. When I have been sick in the past and have a sore throat, even drinking hurts, so it may be that. But if you aren't able to drink your Water and get your Protein in, I would get to the doctor ASAP. Did you call or email Dr. Ortiz's office? They may be able to answer your question. Good luck and don't be a stranger!

Socal, when your band slipped, what were your symptoms? I called and left a message with Dr. Martinez a few days ago, but haven't heard back. I'm trying to rest and drink liquids to give my stomach a rest. I don't want there to be any problems with the band! I LOVE having this band and the thought of having it removed scares me! So any help or info would be greatly appreciated!

My symptoms were constant heartburn(I've never had this pre or post band til then), pain in my back and the inability to eat anything solid. Even liquids were a struggle! I'm beginning to think I am one of those people who can't handle fills! I am going in today at 2pm for an unfill. I'll let everyone know how it goes when I return! I am glad that I am so close to Dr. Ortiz. I can't imagine being so far away like you Janelle. And I have personal medical insurance for an emergency as well. I'll pray you don't have a slip and you are just swollen from being sick.

Regina-where are you? I am thinking of you and hoping you are well.

Thanks Socal! I do have heartburn...but it isn't constant. I haven't had any back pain and I can still eat, although sometimes it is painful. I am going to try and eat only liquids today and see if that helps! How much did Dr Ortiz charge you to fix your band slipping?

I am in the process of giving notice at a job I have been at for 9 1/2 years and getting started in a job 45 miles away. I will be moving as soon as school is out. I will be back to read the months of stuff I have been missing! It is good to see how so many have been doing so well!

It was $3500 plus $250 for the endoscopy. Not too bad, but it was quite a blow right after Christmas and after I had just returned from vacation in Costa Rica. Then my roomie moved out and now my car accident, so I am poor as a church mouse! Thank goodness I already paid for my airline ticket to Vegas and Celine for the Junebee celebration! Hopefully, I'll win BIG and pay everything off(yeah, right)

I feel like I'm the only one posting these days........

Anyway, I once again got a total unfill-ugh. The doctor said that my esophagus was irritated. He wants me to be on liquids for 3 days AGAIN! Then he wants me to go back in 3 weeks and he'll try .5 or .6cc. I told him that I've been so good and I don't understand why I can't handle fill. He said don't worry, that I am just sensitive to fills and that there are so many other factors like allergies, PMS... I think I have only lost weight because I have been on liquids so much! If you add up all the pre-op diet, post-op liquids(twice), 3 days of liquids after fills, being on liquids due to my slip or being too tight, it has got to be 4 months! Grrrr I am frustrated. Luckily the drive across the border and back was a breeze today. I got a coupon for a free all-fruit Jamba juice, so I got one with a Protein boost. Hope everyone else is hanging in there!

Join my club. We'll call ourselves the Sensitive Fill gals!! I'm convinced now that is is not the amount in your band, but the amount of the fill you get at any one time. If you try again go for just .3 and work your way back up. I had .5 taken out so that leaves me with 1.9 . Back to where I started - .1. I knew that doctor was crazy when he put in .4.

Janelle is there somewhere you could get a barium swallow? That might tell you whether you have slipped or just having trouble. You might try Fill USA to see if they would take you. It might be worth it if you can't make the trip to Dr. Ortiz.< /p>

Try liquids for 3 days. If that doesn't start easy the problems I would say they go much deeper. It might not be a slip, but you might just be so irritated that you need to get some out.

I was shocked when they took out .3 did the barium swallow and nothing moved. Only after they took out .5 did things move. This system is funny and its hard to tell what's going on.

Hi all!

Ever since Regina posted that she has to have her Gall Bladder removed, it got me scared. So I started to look up information and wanted to share this with all of you ....

Gall Bladder Pain Symptom List - Types of Pain

1. Sporadic pains in the middle of the upper abdomen, or just below the ribs on the right side.
  2. The pain may spread to the right shoulder or between the shoulder blades.
  3. The pain can be accompanied by nausea and vomiting and sometimes excessive wind.
  4. The attack can last from a few minutes to two to three hours before getting better.
  5. The frequency and severity of attacks is very variable.
  6. Attacks can be triggered by eating fatty foods such as chocolate, cheese or pastry.
  7. It can be difficult to distinguish the pain from other diseases, such as: gastric ulcer, back problems, heart pains, pneumonia and kidney stones.

Gall Bladder Symptom 3 - Gall Stones

Symptoms of Gall Stones may include:

1. No Symptoms... Many people don't know they have gallstones. These "silent stones" are often found by accident from x-rays for other medical reasons. These stones may or may not require treatment.
  2. Abdominal pain
  3. Nausea
  4. Vomiting
  5. Indigestion
  6. Abdominal bloating
  7. Fatty food intolerance
  8. Biliary Colic
  9. Belching
  10. Gas
  11. Indigestion

Certain symptoms indicate that there is a higher risk of danger and require immediate medical attention. These include:

1. Fever
  2. Sweating
  3. Chills
  4. Jaundice
  5. Yellow eyes
  6. Yellow skin
  7. Persistent pain
  8. Clay-colored stools ("Light Colored Stools" or "Pale Stools")

Gall Bladder Symptom 4 - Gall Bladder Atack Symptoms

An acute gall bladder attack symptom can occur at any time, such as the night or after a fatty meal. A gallstone attack indicates that medical attention is required. A gallstone attack usually is marked by a steady, severe pain in the upper abdomen. Attacks may last only 20 or 30 minutes but more often they last for one to several hours. A gallstone attack may also cause pain in the back between the shoulder blades or in the right shoulder and may cause nausea or vomiting. Attacks may be separated by weeks, months, or even years. Once a true attack occurs, subsequent attacks are much more likely.

Gall Bladder Attack Symptom List in Summary:

• Upper abdominal pain
  • Back pain - between the shoulder blades
  • Pain under the right shoulder
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Steady, severe pain in the upper abdomen that increases rapidly and lasts from 30 minutes to several hours.
  • Pain in the back between the shoulder blades.
  • Pain under the right shoulder.
  • Nausea or vomiting.

Gall bladder attack symptoms often follow fatty meals, and they may occur during the night. Other gallstone symptoms include

• Abdominal bloating
  • Recurring intolerance of fatty foods
  • Colic
  • Belching.
  • Gas
  • Indigestion.

LISA

BTW all, spoke with Regina tonight. She is doing well. Little shoulder pain, but she is up and around.

Hi Junebies,

Sorry everyone is having challenges. I went away for the weekend and ate way too many sweets. Avoiding the scales til Friday. My firm is updating its web site and took a new pic of me last week. Here it is next to the old one.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8257&stc=1&d=1176961814attachment.php?attachmentid=8258&stc=1&d=1176961814

post-209186-13813134881157_thumb.jpg

post-209186-13813134881295_thumb.jpg

Morning all,

I am doing well, little sore but not too bad at all. I am very swollen though. I have 4 more holes in my stomache on the right side this time, so I now will have little scars all over my belly. My right shoulder has really hurt bad since the surgery but it seems better this morning. This surgery for me seemed easier than the band. Thank you so much Poodles for coming to visit me last night. It is always nice to see your cheery face!!! Thanks for all the prayers and good vibes. They were all felt!!! My scale has went up 7lbs but it might just be cause I'm so swollen, boy I hope so. Sorry to hear you all are having such fill problems. I feel for ya because I know I am super sensitive to fills also. And now I have to start all over again. Well take care everyone.