Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

I think the sinus situation is adding to your problems. The doctor here said people have more mucus in the morning so they can't eat. Maybe its a combination of things for you - sinus, fill, morning, altitude.

I had a bad episode today. It started with one tiny bite of Breakfast after being up for several hours. I have just now stopped gurgling and its 2 in the afternoon. I am so hungry. I will try some Water and see if I can keep it down. I hope I'm not headed for an unfill.

I tried something last night that seemed to help with liquid. Before I went to bed I took three tropical papaya tablets, chewed up. This morning, after a few hours of going about, I was able to drink a shake. 1/2 cup Mushies for lunch. Cooking chili right now for dinner. I feel so much better today. :) Will try it again tonight and let you know how it goes.

I don't know if this pertains, but in regards to the question about being able to eat but not drink: I'm fine eating, but the minute I try to drink anything WHILE EATING, I get stuck. I remember a long time back someone saying not to eat and drink at the same time, and it seems to hold true.

Well, Chili did not work. Even after a spin in the blender. Went to plan b: whey Protein Shake, and it went down.

I think I will hold out another week and see how the scale moves. If I don't get dehydrated and die, I should be fine. :love:

Hi all!

Here in NY we are going through a Nor-eater and it started late last night and it is supposed last through Tuesday. Alot of heavy rain and dangerous high windsand trerrible flooding. If it was snow it would be The Worst Storm in 25 years! Where my inlaws have there main house in Lake Gerorge,NY they already have a foot of snow and are expecting another foot. (They are in there winter house in Hilton Head right now!)

I heard that Houston had Tornado's I hope everyone is okay! I was thinking of all my Texas friends.:)

Regina --My thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through the gallbladder surgery. Please keep us all posted!

It seems this is happening to alot of lapband patients, I peronally know of a family friend who has had her's out and has problems with kidney stones.

I think maybe we should start asking our surgeons more questions in regards to this since its happening to more and more people we know.

I hope that eveyone stays save this weekend. I will keep you all posted on how I make it through this storm.

Love,

Lisa

Regina-- sorry to hear that you are going to have to have your gallbladder removed. Keep us posted.

Weather --glad to hear that everyone made it through the bad storms. I pretty much slept through everthing this weekend. Total exhaustion and trying to heal my ankle.

Speaking of sleep ...off to bed I go already. I'm exhausted. I finally go the cats here to Shreveport, La and I can say I'm officially here now. I have no residence in Texas. It's bitter sweet for me. I know this is a good stepping stone career wise but I would have much rather staid in Texas. My colleauge that lives a cross the street from me has been a savior this past week with me on cruthces. She has helped take me to the grocery store, etc. and she barely knows me. I think we will be fast friends. We are going to meet tomorrow so she can help me with some work stuff. She called and offered. That makes the transition a little easier having someone near by that seems to care.

Barbara465 or Pinky --will you please email me the dates for the Vegas trip. I haven't forgotten about it, just not for sure about the dates with everything that's been going on. I need to get plane tickets.

Talk soon.

Melissa Lea

Well ladies the Nor-easter finally went away and the second storm we were supposed to get last night is not as bad. We Still are expected to get rainny weather into Wednesday.

But.......... MY BASEMENT APARTMENT WAS FLOODED: RUGS GOT DAMAGED AND SO DID SOME FURNITURE!

Iam thankful that I live in my mom's house and that I am now able to go upstairs and stay in my old bedroom with my husband and my son can have my brother's old bedroom.

It seem that we found out from the plumber that with 6 1/2 inches of rain fall, the city drains in the street outside the house backed up. With so much rain the Water has no were to go and it backs up.

If anyone was watching CNN or the Weather Channel I am sure you saw us under water!-lol

My husband, myself and my mom have been wet-vacking all since last night. Thank God my son's school was open so I could get him out of our way so we could clean up.

Regina> Still thinking of you, hang in there! Hugs:girl_hug:

Melissa> I missed you, I hope your ankle gets better soon!:)

Love,

Lisa

Hey guys. Well I am having surgery Tommorrow (Tuesday) at 12:30. I got totally unfilled on friday so now I am having to really be careful. Pain has gotten pretty bad, so I am ready to get this sucker out of here!!! Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayer's. I will check back in after my surgery when I get a chance. I don't think the lapband is related to my gallbladder, I think it is more of a weight loss issue, because I have heard from a lot of people that had to have their's out after weight loss even without the band. I am going to try and do 1 more turbo kick class tonight even with the pain, I want to get one more good workout in b4 I can't for a few weeks. Take care everyone!!!

Be careful Regina! Our thoughts will be with you tomorrow.

Aimee- I never drink while eating. That is one rule I have always followed(and no soda).

Yesterday I got in a car accident. I went to the hospital for XRays and though nothing was broken, I am pretty bruised up and my car is smashed to smithereens. I'm probably more swollen inside now! I have a huge purple bruise exactly where my seatbelt was across my chest and abdomen. So anyway, I still can't get anything down. It is nearly 1 pm and all I've had is 1/2 cup of tea. I didn't go to work today. The doctor wrote me a note for 3 days. They wrote me a prescription for Vicodin and Motrin, but I didn't fill the RX. I don't think a pill will go down! So, I'm probably getting a rental car today and will hopefully still go to Mexico Wednesday for an unfill.

Leece-Glad you survived the storm with minimal damage. Do you have flood insurance for the Water damage?

Happy week gang.

A joke for you all.....

A woman goes to the doctor for her yearly physical. The nurse starts

with certain basic items. "How much do you weigh?" she asks. "115," she says. The nurse puts her on the scale. It turns out her weight is 140. The nurse asks, "Your height?" "5 foot 8," she says. The nurse checks and sees that she only measures 5' 5". She then takes her blood pressure and tells the woman it is very high. "Of course it's high!" she screams, "When I came in here I was tall and slender! Now I'm short and fat!"

PS- I finished my tea after reheating it a few times! And I got down about 1/2 cup of Soup.< /strong>

Sorry to hear all the bad news. I have my own to add. I PB from 9 yesterday until 10 last night. Then a sip of Water a couple hours after being up led to another bout. I went and they had to take out .5. They tried only taking .3, but still nothing was going down. I think I'm through with fills for a while. It will have to be by shear willpower.

Hope all goes well with surgery tomorrow. Socal hope you mend from the accident.

Socalgal:

Iam so sorry to hear about your car accident and Iam so glad that your okay. I was in an accident myself in 1998 while in my brother's car and the car was totaled.

We both had xrays and nothing showed up. Few days later I had terrrible neck and pain on the right side of my body along with numbness in my right arm and hand and fingers.

I went to the doctor who did tests and had MRI's that showed that I have herniated discs on the upper right side of my neck and spinal cord. I had to wear a neck brace and had physical therapy for 8 months. Iam okay now but - Iam allergic to Vicodin- had a terrible reaction to it!

I wish you the best of luck and hope you get better soon!;)

In regards to the Flood- Yes my mom has flood insurance and we made calls today so hopefully we will get compansion. We pulled the rugs up and are trying to save as much furniture as we can !

Regina: All my prayers and thoughts are with you tomorrow. :) Huggies to you !

Love,

Lisa

Oh, I forgot something funny too....The ambulance that checked me out at the scene yesterday wrote 160 down as my weight. They didn't get that off my license because I didn't have it with me(my license says 170-I know I'm a liar!). So, I guess he just guessed. I know it's no big deal, but I liked the thought of being viewed as 160 when I am actually 180!

Socalgal............how great to find something positive in the midst of an accident! I love it! Thankfully you weren't seriously hurt. Hope your aches and pains go away soon. New car in your future?

Regina..........thoughts and prayers are with you. Let us know how you are doing as soon as you can.

Lisa..............yuck, soggy carpets. Sorry for your problems but on the bright side of things.........new carpet, yippee!

Melissa...........good to hear from you, sorry about the ankle, great to have a new friend and even better still to have your pets. Hey, I get to Shreveport pretty often.........let's do lunch.< /p>