Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

I have TRS active care. Was 305 before surgery, 300 on surgery day (highest 320+). I am about 280 and go up and down from 262 to 280 depending on if I eat carbs or not. Carbs go straight to my hinney.

Well, I have found a flaw in my wino plan. My back is killing me tonight, and since I had my 4 oz of wine before dinner (South Beach Diet says that is the amount to have) I am afraid to take any meds. I can not lay down for anything. So my DH goes, "well, go have more wine, maybe that will help." So now I am drinking more wine to see if my back will relax enough for me to sleep. I am going to end up in AA...

Going for another fill on Monday. I must lose at least 50 pounds before June, or I am going to take my bottle of wine and jump off the nearest cliff. I hope that they can fill me some more, cause I am TIGHT in the morning and going in at 9 am. Wish me luck...

I was at 255 when my process started, and 246 when I started pre-op diet, I was 226 day of surgery. I lost 20lbs on the south beach induction phase for my pre-op diet, that is what my dr. recommends.

I think I have a psychic connection to Pinkylee.....When her scales move, so do mine! haha Anyway, I was at 186 this morning. I usually don't change my ticker until I am at a weight for a few days, so I'll change it tomorrow if I'm still there. I know, I know, CLAIM IT! Maybe we are all back on the downhill slide!

You have done so AWESOME Regina! It gives me hope. Keep up the great work- you are almost at goal!

No cliff jumping Poodles! Unless we are in Costa Rica celebrating our new bods-heehee

Junebies Rock!!!! I love to hear about those scales moving down. I haven't seen that in a few days, but it hasn't gone the other way either. I think I'm toning and maybe losing some inches from my Curves routine. Only a few more days until another fill. After that, all bets are off.

Anyone know of PS in Costa Rica let me know. I'm doing my research and hope to schedule soon for December. Just doing my arms.

Seems like those that did pre-op diet lose better. Perhaps you get in that losing "mode". No pre-op for me unless you count the 24 hour clear liquid fast before surgery. I did lose 4.5 pounds.

Socalgal - don't the 180's feel grand? I have noticed our "connection" and I say lets keep going. I'm so delighted to be off the plateau that I'm changing my ticker within hours of my early morning weigh in. I'm down 2.5 from my earliest "low". Somehow claiming it makes me work harder to keep it! Wonder what the next "decade" will feel like?

Ditto on congrats Regina. You may be the first Junebie to reach your goal weight!

Poodles - hope the back in better. If you're interested, PM me and I'll try to explain an exercise I learned that has been so helpful.

Thanks for all the congrats guys. Doesn't seem like I will ever hit goal, I have been in the 160's forever (since Christmas), but just in the last 2 weeks I have gone down another pants size, now wearing an 8 or 10! Doesn't seem possible. I guess the scale hasn't been moving because i am turning fat into muscle and toning up. I would just love to see the 150's, I haven't seen them since probably junior high, or maybe before that. But thanks for all your support guys, you all ROCK!!!!

Please go to this link and tell me what you all thin k. I value all of yur opinions. It has been years since I wrote anything but the subject is near and dear to us all.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/need-honest-feedback-t32826.html

tell me how you feel!!!

thanks,

Regina: I went to the link and I love the poem, its is great and I encourage all to check it out , she really caught all our emotions .

Lisa

Regina, I loved it too! You hit it spot on!

It has been a few days since I posted. I think the scales have moved. I am claiming a 2 lb loss. It is still going up & down, but has been down more than up, so I'll take it!

I didn't do a pre-op diet at all. In fact, my pre-op diet was to eat all I could and I gained 8 lbs!! However, I feel at 70lbs. down, I don't care what happenned pre-op .

Congrats everyone on the losses! WE DO ROCK!! I can't wait to get to where you all are! I went to the mall today and almost felt human. I don't know about the rest of you, but before, I wanted to be invisible. Now, when I was walking through the stores and saw the mirrors, I felt like I am actually beginning to LIKE what I see! What a wonderful feeling!!

I want to say thank you to everyone for welcoming me in to this group with open arms! I feel lost if I don't at least read daily! What encouragement you have all been. I only wish I would have become a member sooner! I know I would have benefited along the way!!

Regina- I have a dear friend that just bought a house in Royce City-I am in Mesquite, so we are practically neighbors!

Momma and Lisa thank for your kind words. I'm glad yu guys liked it.

Momma, there are a couple of us June bandster's in the big town of RC. Thats cool your so close. Maybe we need to have a bandster dinner get together for us guys on this side of the world!!

That would be fun! Can you see us all getting up from the table and running to the bathroom at the same time? Or maybe one right after another? :bump2: ROTFLMAO!!!!:bump2:

At least we wouldn't have to lie!!

That poem is beautiful. I would like to put it in my book if that is OK with you - my personal journey scrapbook.

You guys rock. We are doing great. We are 10 months out. DH took some pictures and I'll post when I get home from work. I haven't lost in lbs as much as I would have liked, but I make it up in attitude! I feel great and I love being a size 18, down from size 24. It does make a difference.

hi all i've been mia; too much going on w/wedding planning, etc. I'm claiming a few more pounds lost, *YAY*.

I had pictures taken with my daughter yesterday (I never did them, and she's 5...I hated how I looked). They came out SOOO awesome. I'm proud of the decision I made for myself and I love that I can run up a hill to get a better picture with her :)

Easter for me is about starting new and rebirth. I feel like an entirely new human being since last year at this time.

We DO rock Junebies :) All of us :)

Thanks for the feedback guys! We do ROCK!

Barabara feel free to use it in your personal scrapbook. I scrapbook too and it will go in mine. The only other thing i have written in the past 10 years has been one about my beautiful little girl. I probably won't post it here because it would probably make you all cry if you have kids.

On a personal note: The scale moved AGAIN!!!WHAHOO!!

I am actually wearing a very comfortable pair of size 8 jeans, I don't EVER remember being that size. I so want to reach goal by our bandaversary(sp?).

I hope each of you have a wonderful Easter, as we Celebrate our risen Saviour.

Good Morning All,

Regina, your poem is understood by all of us, thank you. You are an inspiration to me. May I ask how tall you are?

It is so great to read this thread lately. It's like everyone has come through a dark place and are heading back into the sunshine. Barbara465, you sound like a new person! What a motivation you are!

I am still at the same weight since January. I'm not complaining. I am grateful not to be gaining. My eating habits are terrible but I haven't been stressing about it. I went through a really bad time when my husband was so sick in December. I lost quite a bit of weight too quickly and it took it's toll on my body. After my unfill I decided to slow down and not obsess about my weight. Near death experiences (our own or our loved ones) makes us reevaluate what is important in our lives. I know I need to lose more weight and get into better cardio health and I am.......it's just taking a little longer.

I am going for another fill next week. I admit I am nervous. This will put me back to where I was when I got an unfill. I am hoping it will give me enough restriction to get my attention. I think my head is back on straight and I'm ready to get serious about healthy eating again. I feel better mentally than I've felt in months and I'm ready to start over and lose this last 40 pounds.

It's a beautiful day here in Texas and I plan to get out and enjoy it. It's suppose to start raining and get cold for Easter but it's a good time for everyone to reevaluate and start fresh. What a wonderful group we have here.

Thank you all for sharing.........it means alot.