Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Thank you all. Unfortunately, the Walmart cake was not worth it. If I were to obsess and plan a cheat it would be Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk. Not that I think about eating a whole carton or two or anything...:confused:

Guess what I got for my birthday! Tonsilitis!!! Yes, my one tonsil that grew back (they apparently can do that) is all nice and white this morning. My ear hurts and I can hardly swallow. (Must have been some sick kid that infected me at school. :tired ) Luckily, I have some antibiotics that I could not take before because they are horse pills. I crushed one and took it in a shake this morning. Thank God for that Unfill. Figure I will be better for work tomorrow after a few doses of medicine. *** deep sigh***

Other than that the day went well. I am going to hold up today and watch the SuperBowl later. I hope someone wins... don't really give a flip who.

Everyone have a great day!

TO PODDLES::happybday2: TO YOU AND I HOPE THAT YOU HAD A GREAT DAY!

MAY YOUR YEAR BE FILLED WITH LOTS OF LAUGHTS,HUGS, LOVE AND HAPPINESS TO FILL YOU THROUGH OUT THE YEAR!

LOVE AND HUGS,

LISA

Hi ladies. Yesterday my husband paid for membership to Planet Fitness a gym near my house for me as an early Valentine gift. Iam so excited for this since I was walking outside and doing exercise DvD's at home. The only thing is yesterday afternoon while out I had a veggie slice of whole wheat pizza( I asked dietican if I could since I used to be a pizza Addict and she said as long as it has veggies on it. But only once in a while as a treat) I regretted it big time - It got stuck in my band !

I had the worst night ever until it finally came up. I exprienced nausea, heartburn and vomiting big time!

I swear I thought my band slipped since I felt so horrible and I was looking up the symptoms.

I have had this past week alot of the symptoms that Socialgirl mentioned and it scares me alot so I am going to call my surgeon tomorrow to set up an appointment to have my band checked out. I did have the flow test done when I had my first and only fill back in October.

Maybe its time to have the test done again. Socialgirl if you read this please can you send me a private message describing your symptoms more and what the surgeon did.

I will keep all updated!

As I read about your Vegas trip more and more,I really wish that I was asked to go. I would have saved up for it, I love Celine Dion and would have loved to have seen her in concert.

It sounds like the trip was planned by the older members in this forum and not may of the younger ones were asked. I could be wrong about this, if Iam please forgive me.

I think maybe next year we should try to include and ask everyone where they would like to meet in June ( if possible).

This is a forum for us to support each other and express our opinions, I hope that I did not step on anyone's toes here.

Its just that whenver the Vegas trip is mentioned by a certain someone she always says "All of us are going"!

Well frankly not all are going,some of us were never even asked:(!

Thank you for letting me vent,

Lisa

<TABLE class=mainTbl cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=754 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=mainHdr colSpan=2>

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=topMenu colSpan=2>P.S: Also I was thinking maybe once a week we could set up a chat that we can all talk in. I know it would be hard since we all live in different time zones but it would be fun to be able to talk to each other other than in post.

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=content onmouseover=HideMenus() width=589>

Also here is the membership deal that my husband got for me:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=14>

</TD><TD class=btnTop width=522></TD><TD width=14>

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=btnL>

</TD><TD class=btnCtr align=middle>Who Cares About Status? Get the PF Black™ Card!

No Start Up Fee!

Only $19.99 per month

This membership has a 12 month minimum term.

PF Black™ Card Benefits

Free reciprocal use of all Planet Fitness® Franchise Locations

Unlimited Guest Privileges

1/2 Price Cooler Drinks

Unlimited Tanning

PF Black™ Card Key Tag

New PF Black™ Card T-shirt

* Some Restrictions May Apply

Your membership rate is guaranteed not to increase for at least 5 years!

If you are a Black™ Card Member, you enjoy the benefit of visiting any Planet Fitness® and affiliated clubs with no visitation fees!

</TD><TD class=btnR>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>

</TD><TD class=btnBot>

</TD><TD>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=14>

</TD><TD class=btnCtr align=middle></TD><TD class=btnR>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>

</TD><TD class=btnBot></TD><TD>

</TD><TD class=btnCtr align=middle>

</TD><TD class=btnR>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>

</TD><TD class=btnBot></TD><TD>

</TD><TD class=rightNav>

<TABLE cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=footer>

Actually, the trip was discussed in the earlier stages of our banding of the Junebies, and all were invited. No one was excluded. If you were a part of the Junebies, we had talked about getting together around our one year bandiversary. So, no need to feel left out, I believe you may have just come onto the thread after it was first brought up. To be a Junebie, you needed to only have met one rule: being banded in June 2006. I think if you ask some of those who post frequently here (Barb465, Poodles, etc) you may be able to get more detail.

Actually, the trip was discussed in the earlier stages of our banding of the Junebies, and all were invited. No one was excluded. If you were a part of the Junebies, we had talked about getting together around our one year bandiversary. So, no need to feel left out, I believe you may have just come onto the thread after it was first brought up. To be a Junebie, you needed to only have met one rule: being banded in June 2006. I think if you ask some of those who post frequently here (Barb465, Poodles, etc) you may be able to get more detail.

I was banded on June 13th and joined this thread in October so maybe it was discussed before that, but it was planned and booked recently, and there was no post asking everyone or even a mention that it was talked about months ago.

Iam sorry If I am comming off terrible, its not my intent. I just really was feeling left out since no one asked me and I have been posting here and have been on here for a while now.

If I came in to late to be asked, again Iam sorry it just seemed to me that only a choosen few were asked.

Next year I would like to be included in the planning, thats if I did not offend anyone or step on anyone's toes here. Again that was not my intent, I should have asked more questions before posting those comments.

I just was feeling hurt and left out and I guess all of us feel that way from one time or another.

I fell like I have have friends here and believe me with my Bipolar and having this surgery, not everyone understands where Iam comming from.

Its hard to talk to anyone especially about my Lapband since none of my friends understand. No everyone of my friends and even people in my family were supportive of me getting this surgery.

I was very overjoyed to finally find this site and forum after being on ObesityHelp for year and not really realting to anyone on there. Most of them on their have had RNY surgery and can not relate to LapBand people.

Not everyone likes when others express their opinions. If I offended anyone here, I will leave this thread and not bother the Junbies ever again.

I just felt that I needed to get this one thing off my chest that was bothering me .

Lisa

Lisa, no worries! We do have this thread so we can do just that - get things off our chest. You are right in that we discussed this kind of early on in the thread, I think starting around July or August (not 100% sure). But I can be 100% sure that no one meant to not include anyone. I can't go to the trip because I will be just returning from my honeymoon. Maybe (hopefully) you can still go! This is a great group (the junebies). I hope you do feel a part of it!

I think the other thing is that there are a few ladies here who are from the same general area (Houston) and may have met a few times due to locality. How awesome to have that kind of support! But I wanted to say they've also been really inclusive of all those of us not local to them. Lisa, just jump right in, the Junebies are a very caring and open group! Glad you are here a part of us.

Lisa, no worries! We do have this thread so we can do just that - get things off our chest. You are right in that we discussed this kind of early on in the thread, I think starting around July or August (not 100% sure). But I can be 100% sure that no one meant to not include anyone. I can't go to the trip because I will be just returning from my honeymoon. Maybe (hopefully) you can still go! This is a great group (the junebies). I hope you do feel a part of it!

I think the other thing is that there are a few ladies here who are from the same general area (Houston) and may have met a few times due to locality. How awesome to have that kind of support! But I wanted to say they've also been really inclusive of all those of us not local to them. Lisa, just jump right in, the Junebies are a very caring and open group! Glad you are here a part of us.

I think you are are right about them all being from the same area and them being inclusive of all of those of us that are not local. It seems so unfair.

Iam probably the only one on here that is from New York!

If wish that I had met other New Yorkers on here and started a thread. I posted on a few of the New York post on here but none are from my area, they are mostly from Long Island or Manhattan. ( Iam from the East Bronx near City Island and the Throggs Neck and Whitestone Bridges.)

Thanks Morning for understanding how I am feeling and not being judgemental towards me.

Lisa

Lisa,

I am unable to go either, but I do not believe that they have even booked everything yet, I believe there is still time for you to go if you want too. I am sorry you felt left out, I think it was more of a timing thing and no one realized that you didn't know the details or were feeling that way. We are here for support, and I hope you continue to come here and post with us.

Socalgal- I am mailing those clothes today, hopefully you get some use out of them. Hope your feeling better this week!!

Poodles- how are you feeling? Those darn kids you teach shouldn't bring you their nasty germs!!!! LOL

Not sure if I should even bother to respond to the posts, but I will try to set the record straight.

A reunion of the Junebies was discussed the first few months of our existence. It was something to look forward to as we started our journies.

It was brought up again a few months ago. There were several suggestions - Sedona, Las Vegas, a spa somewhere. The place that got the most votes was Las Vegas.

I asked those that wanted to go to PM me so I could get a headcount. I got about 4 responses and several verbal or through posts.

Through posts everyone wanted to go to the spa and see a show. Many wanted free time to do what they wanted to do. Thus, Las Vegas was born with a spa day on Friday and a show on Saturday.

I shopped the hotels and came up with Bally's. It is on the strip, moderately priced, and centrally located. I used my connection and reserved a suite that consists of two bedrooms and a living room. The entire suite sleeps 6 and will cost about $330 a person. I asked for those that wanted to stay in the suite to let me know. I have PinkyLee, Melissa, and myself. Barbara12 is getting her own "free" comp room nearby. So, there is room for 3 more in the suite.

The suite allows us to have a place to meet and socialize without having to be in a restaurant or bar. It was MY idea, so if it turns out to be a bad move, I can cancel it and everyone can just get their own rooms.

As the discussion progressed it appeared that of those going they were not taking their husbands, so I told mine he could stay home. Some are single and that's not an issue. That meant that the suite was for women only to make them feel comfortable. It was in no way meant that husbands, boyfriends, significant others, etc. were not welcomed or invited.

This weekend I got a PM from PinkyLee asking if the trip could be moved from June 7-10th to June 15-17th so they could see Celine. That is not a good weekend since it's Father's day. It will have to be June 22-24. I'm asking for votes and if anyone has bought their airfare yet. Certainly don't want to change it if someone has gotten their air.

Now, I am one of the older bansters. I'm also a project manager, which makes me want to organize and keep things on schedule. I was asked in a public post to organize this. I did.

This trip was NEVER exclusive to older bandsters living in Houston or just older. Sorry Melissa that you are being lumped with us older bandsters since you are so young. Guilty by association I guess.

This was to be a fun trip, by all those that wanted to go. There will always be those that can't go for whatever reason, or simply don't want to. That's OK and to be expected. However, it was open to all June bandsters. I was even trying to make sure that the men were not excluded. We did have a couple of men in the Junebies, but haven't heard from them lately. I was having my husband organize golf for those that wanted to do that. No one came forward, so I let him off the hook for organizing that.

So finally, all that want to come are welcome. All that want to stay in the suite of rooms please PM me. Those that are coming, but staying in your own accomodations let me know. I want to make reservations for all that want to attend the Spa day on Friday.

I'm leaving it the weekend of June 8-10th unless there are enough of you that want it changed. Just let me know.

Please in the future get all the facts before members of this group are slammed. I am just trying my best to make it a fun weekend for all that attend. I may be ancient, but I have feelings as well. You don't like what I'm doing just PM me.

If your interested the trip was first mentioned on July 28th, post #985, pg 66, by Chako Lady. I responded in post #989, same day, several pages later. Conversations went from there. Dshield was one of the guys, and a travel agent, who offered his services on 8/1. This trip goes back to almost the beginning.

OK I'm off of this now and back to my regularly scheduled lapband journey. :)

Not sure if I should even bother to respond to the posts, but I will try to set the record straight.

Please in the future get all the facts before members of this group are slammed. I am just trying my best to make it a fun weekend for all that attend. I may be ancient, but I have feelings as well. You don't like what I'm doing just PM me.

Barbara: Iam apologizing If I offended you in any way, but my feelings were very hurt also. You could have also Pmed me when you saw me post and comments and ask questions about Vegas. Your are not ancient either my dad turns 60 on Feb 16th and my mom on Aug.9th and I did learn to respect my elders from them so thats why Iam apolgizing to you!

I really do not want to leave this forum so I want to make ammends and say Iam sorry .

Its just that your girls from Texas are very close and sometimes make us others feel left out when you talk and make plans like the Vegas trip.

Lisa

Ps. You can PM me about this.

Hi all! First clarification: my screen name is SoCal gal cuz I live in Southern California. I can actually be really anti-social! hahaha I am feeling better if you can see. I am back to work today. I had some egg drop Soup last night cuz I went out for Chinese with family. I was dying for that food everyone around me was eating, but was glad no one commented on me sipping tea and soup. I'm so excited for the pants Regina-THANKS!!! Barb- I never felt excluded from the Vegas trip, but I'm bummed more people can't go like Regina and what ever happened to housecatgirl? I would actually prefer June 22 because I will be off work then and June 21 is my bday! Let me know the absolute deadline for paying for the suite. I do have a friend in town, but if I can afford the suite, that might be fun too. The earlier June dates are fine if that works better for others.

About my slippage, I posted my symptoms on this site under the Lap-Band Complications forum, but they were mainly constant heartburn, not being able to eat solid food and some back pain. Definitely talk to a doc if you suspect slippage. An unfill can be tried to resolve it, but that didn't work for me! I'm suspecting post-nasal drip contributed to my tightness as well. Anyone who has remedies for that-please post. Happy Week!

So you know how you speed read? I, we, just added the letters to get socialgal. I'm glad you are feeling better. I've seen some comments about nasal drip and I think they were drinking pineapple juice, hot tea, to clear the passages from mucous.

I'll be happy to change the weekend for Vegas to get more participants. Cast your votes and we'll see what we get. I've already paid to hold the reservation for the suite. If staying in the suite as long as I know we have 6, then I can get paid in Vegas. Remember, anyone can come, and the last minute is fine also. If you can get there, and make hotel reservations, its fine. We might not be able to add anyone at the last minute to the suite, or to the spa, or to the show, but still come. We may be able to, just might not be sitting together.

For those interested in Celine Dion. I just checked at there is very limited tickets, even at $170 for the weekend of June 23rd. We might be able to get some at that price if there was interest.

Since many are price conscious it might not be a good idea to plan a show. They are very expensive and some may not want to pay that price. We probably could get Bally's to give us a decent price on their show. It's pretty good and not as expensive.

Let me know what the interests are so we can make the plans.

Everyone,

Please don't decide not to make this trip because of discussion of specific shows or events. Some people may not want to spend that kind of money for a show or may have no interest in Celine Dion or no interest in spa treatments. Everyone should come for the fun of meeting other Junbies and for all the fun of Vegas (expensive or free fun). A couple years ago I went with a bunch of girls and ended up going to a show that I had no interest in and I resented the money that I spent. Don't let that happen to you. It's your money and your enjoyment, everyone should do there own thing.

I personally am very thankful that Barbara465 is trying to plan all this for us. It's not an easy job and it's probably impossible to please everyone. My only request is that everyone let her know what you prefer and if you aren't happy with the majority vote then make your own arrangements and meet up with the group whenever you can. JUST COME! It will be a hoot.