Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Sorry to be so abrupt! Hit the wrong key!

I am sorry to hear that you have a slipped band. You are correct in thinking that we are all here for you and will be praying for a speedy recovery and success afterwards. I think you are awesome for not giving up.

Barbara465 I am sorry to hear that you are having so much difficulty with that fill (again). But you are doing great so going for a slight unfill is the best thing for you. I understand about the problem in trying to eat when nothing wants to go down. I experience that for a week or two after a fill and wonder why I put up with it but I am a self pay and don't like to fork out hundreds of dollars for minor adjustments. That may catch up with me in the end - that's why I would like to know from you Socalgal3 what a slipped band's symptoms are.

The weather has improved some here and I have managed to walk a total of 22 miles so far this week. On the weekend we did a 3 mile and then a 5 mile hike in snow on a mountain road/trail. It was awesome to get out in the fresh air and really push the old bod! Our little miniature dachshund walked most of the way with us but when the snow got too deep we put him in a backpack lined with soft blankets. He basically insisted on standing up in it so he could look over my husband's shoulder at where we were going. So cute! I feel so much better for having had this much exercise. I also keep up going to Curves 4 - 5 times per week and I can really tell that it helps - to be honest my "girls" have never looked better! The muscles underneath are tightening up and so they aren't sagging unduly for my age :-)

The sun is shining and it should warm up later so I am looking forward to another vigorous walk. Now if this exercise would only show on the scale! Not 1 pound! But I did tighten my belt another notch so you are right Barbara465 - I may be losing inches even though the scale is not moving.

Socalgal, I am so sorry to hear about this. Have they unfilled you yet to see if it will resolve on it's own? I will be praying for you and your speedy recovery, and also that you get to keep your band for a long, long, time!!!! Keep us posted.

socialgal: good luck with the surgery. I'm thinking of you. I hope they can reposition the band and all will be good. If not, we'll help you deal with that too. The Junebies are here for you.

OK update for today: I gurgled for 2-3 hours this morning over a few tsps of activia with my meds. I had waited 2 hours after waking before trying even that. I went to ladies room and slimed for a little bit, but no major PB. Called surgicenter and scheduled unfill for tomorrow because I didn't have my car in town with me.

Then all of a sudden I felt OK. The gurgling stopped and I was hungry as a bear. I had a bite of nabisco cracker and it went down. I put some Peanut Butter on a few more and was able to eat them with no trouble. I am now sipping Water, but not much. So far no problems. What gives?

All this week I've been able to eat lunch, but no other meal. At night I PB big time. I've tried having hot tea before I eat and that only allows me to have a bite or two before it begins.

I know others are tight in the morning, but does that mean gurgling and PBing? Are there others that can only eat mid day and no other time? Should I get a unfill tomorrow or tough this out? I'm at a loss as to know what to do. I don't care about the expense as much as doing the right thing. I just don't know what that is anymore.

If you look on this website under lap band complications there are alot of posts about signs of slippage. For me, I was unable to keep ANY food down. Plus I had almost constant heartburn which I have not had at all since the initial operation. It was diagnosed under fluoro. I was totally unfilled in October, so I have been on empty since. Obviously that didn't help.

Socalgal --sorry to hear about your slipped band. You know that you have plenty of prayers and support amongst us Junebies. I wish you the best with a quick recovery.

Barbara465 --I don't know what to advise you to do. Do you stick it out a day or 2 and be miserable over the weekend?? Or, is your fill still adjusting and you are able to tolerate it better. That's a tough call.

Melissa Lea

Socalgal

All the best on Tuesday. Know we are thinking of you and especially praying for staying below 200 and more continued success either way.

How are you physically today? Are you able to carry on physical activity normally or has this got you down totally?

Should I get a unfill tomorrow or tough this out? I'm at a loss as to know what to do. I don't care about the expense as much as doing the right thing. I just don't know what that is anymore.

Barbara465 - I really think you should get an unfill. For one thing, the PB'ing can't be good. You could take out a few 10ths and just ease up on it one 10th at a time. If you can't eat more than you have, something is not right.

You've done so well - a little blip in the progress is okay if it means you find that really good spot.

just my 2 cents :rolleyes:

Socalgal

All the best on Tuesday. Know we are thinking of you and especially praying for staying below 200 and more continued success either way.

How are you physically today? Are you able to carry on physical activity normally or has this got you down totally?

I have gone to work every day this week because it helps me take my mind off of it. The heartburn really bothers me though because I've never suffered from it my entire life. Plus nausea, weakness and pain. Somedays I can eat Soup and a Protein Shake, but yesterday I could barely get Water down. I am anxious for Tuesday, but I know it will be a long road. Whatever happens is for the best. Seriously pray hard for me Tuesday! If you don't pray, just send positive vibes! I will update you all.

All our good thoughts and prayers are with you socialgal. We hope that all will go well and the band will be with you.

I was able to eat an egg white omelete tonight. It had little cut up pieces of mushroom and a little cheese. I ate real slow. No pain. I guess I'll cancel the unfill in the morning and see what the weekend brings. Maybe I just need to tough it out and let the stomach go down. (My band probably heard me on the phone with the surgicenter and said it better behave or I was going to rip the thing out with my bare hands.) :rolleyes:

Life is good tonight.

Whew! Crisis averted for the night at least Barbara465. Is there a full moon tonight? We might not cycle, but I've had troubles these past few days and I can't say it's all stress. Maybe hormone ups and downs.

In the meantime, SocalGal, you are in our thoughts and prayers to have a peaceful and painfree weekend.

Yeah for Pinky - real estate issues are easing up just a bit.

Hum... don't know if I should share this... as you will all surely think I am a loon... but... here is the moon phase calendar for 2007.

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/MoonPhase.html#y2007

I never believed in this stuff until I started working at a hospital, and they actually staff extra people around the full moon. I also notice I have some "full moon boys" in my classes. They take on a different temperment (like PMS) around "that time". We are actually at the first quarter now, today. I have not noticed anything significant around first quarter. But I have been awfully tight the past few days.

Full moon should be around the 2nd. Thats next Friday!!!

Definitely know that full moon brings out all the crazy drivers! I think maybe we just go through cycles of tight, not tight. I know stress is a factor and I've been under some with the projects at work. That and the flu probably did a number on me. I'm better today. I was able to get my meds down with a few sips of coffee. I've had a few sips of Water since arriving at work and so far so good. I do think I'm now tight in the morning, but as long as I don't gurgle or PB at work I should be fine. I'm gong to stay on soft foods until Monday. Hopefully that will get me over this rough spot. I canceled the unfill which made me feel better to be able to do.

Barbara465 --I hope that your band does what you want and need it to do this weekend, BEHAVE!! Give it a few more days and see how things go.

Socalgal --your in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us up to date on your progress.

Melissa Lea

Poodles

I don't think you're a loon. Several friends in med profession attest to the fact that there are cycles where the body seems to bear more stress. Since we're not in full moon, our common tightness could be phlegm from allergies or the bug sweeping across the country.

Odds are these dreary, cold and wet days aren't helping us. Yeah for the 2 days of sun this week. Boo hoo, it's not gonna last!