Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Lisa you look great. What a positive attitude you have. A lesson there for all of us. We share the same anniversary. I didn't realize it was exactly 6 months today until you said it.

I see such differences in myself from 6 months ago today. I can't wait for our June reunion as we all should have changed lots. Its slow for me, but I'm getting there. I know I will never see those 43 lbs again, and that's a good thing.

Barbara:

I almost forgot we share the same surgery date-- Happy Anniversary to you also!

Thanks for the input about the photo, you should see our family Holiday photo it came out even better than this one. If I can get assess to it online at Sears( my bother-in law paid for the photos as a gift for my In-laws and has all the sitting information) I will cut and past it to a post here.

The physical changes in me are amazing and it so hard for me to grasp. I look at photos of myself from last year and Iam not that same person anymore!

I need a new goal now for my Jan.6th birthday where I will be turning 37.

Love and Hugs,

Lisa

Lisa,

You both look so happy and your smile is infectuous! You are a beautiful couple. Isn't it nice to be happy when the camera comes out? Great job.

Regina,

Hoooraaaay!:clap2: :rolleyes::) .

Only four more minutes to The Biggest Loser, so I'm outta here!

Pinkylee you were right ....there was one of the ladies preggo from the biggest loser. And we were both right, Erik won. It was amazing seeing all the transformations in the people. Did you watch the show?

Melissa Lea

Lisa Hall's Blog from Obesity Help: posted 12/14/06:

IT HAS BEEN 6 MONTHS POST OP! WOW! Yesterday was my 6 month anniversay of my surgery and" 2nd Birthday" as I call it.

I have changed in so many ways both physically and emotionally. Ian not the same person anymore.

I look back at my day of surgery pictures and I cry for that 290 pound woman I was, she was so depressed and out of touch with the world around because of her weight.

Looking Back it was not an easy journey :

The first doctor's office I went to see for the consul Dr. A (I will not mention his name here) told me that they took my insurance and made me schedule appointments for pre-op testing and told me he took my insurance over and over only to find out the day before the testing, that he was never even in my network to begin with. Also that I would have to pay all of this out of my own pocket! Needless to day the secretary recieved a call from me and I chewed and spit her head out -lol

The only good thing that came out of that was that I met my good friend Robin Z( I love you Girl!)

Then in March I met to Dr. Davis' seminar at Lawrence Hospital and I said this is the Doctor that I want to do my surgery and I made my appointment for my counsul the next day.

I had my first appoinmet On April 4th and then in May all my testing was done. The whole month of May was the waiting game period where the paperwork is turned in and I had to wait for Empire Blue Cross and BlueShield PPO to approve me.

I was appoved on June 1 and given June 13th as my surgical date. On June 13th I had my surgery at 12:30 pm and I was home the same day by 5:30pm that night.

The first few weeks were a major adjustment with the only liquids and peree. Was it fun? Iam not going to lie --Hell no!

I did learn to like pureed chicken in Chicken broth by week three and I became addicted to sugar free icepops which to this day I still love!

Do I have any problems with my band ? Yes - Since I have had my first fill on Ocotber 25 after 4.5 months I throw up once or twice a week . I still have to remember to get slowly and chew every bit at least 10 times or more.

I also had food stuck in my band recently and it was not fun -- I learned that I can not have Spring Mix lettuce-- it is to leafy and had raw

vegetables in it!

My measurements have changed since that April appoinetment :

Waist from 53 inches to 40

Hips from 60 inches to 50

Neck from 19 inches to 14

Iam was a size 32 and now Iam a size 22.

My shoe size was almost a 8 and now Iam a comfortable 7 womans.

My bust went from a 40D to 38 C( My hubby was a little said -he does not want me to lose the girls-lol)

I have become much more active and can dance again which was very hard to do at 290 and which I love to do now at 233.

I GOT BACK MY HEALTH AND MY LIFE AND TTHAT IS THE BEST GIFT ANYONE CAN EVER GIVE ME!

LOVE AND HUGS,

LISA

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!

<FORM id=dformmlbyadform name=dformmlbyad onsubmit="__dataform_on_submit('dformmlbyadform');" action=/member/booklover70/uzone,blog/blog_id,43665/action,comments/blog_post_id,23599/ method=post>

</FORM>

Melissa,

You bet! I didn't think they would premier a failure, so I guessed preggo. I am glad that Erik won. He was truly the most transformed. Can't wait until next season.

Lisa,

Thanks for sharing your journey!

I finally moved from 194.5 to 193 this a.m., and I am claiming it. I've been all over the place since my fill. Seeing new numbers is such a relief. Anyone else lose in spurts?

Lisa thanks for sharing your story. And you can tell your husband that the "girls" can be rejunivated when you reach your goal.

Pinky --I always lose in spurts. I will lose anywhere from 2 to 5 pounds one week and not lose anything for a couple of weeks. I have noticed this more prevalent in recent weeks. However, I'm losing a lot more inches right now. Inches are good. I'm claiming those lost inches, milimeters, etc.

Melissa Lea

I think everyone is doing terrific. Whether we lose consistenly, in spurts, inches, it doesn't matter. The fact that we are moving along this journey in a forward direction is positive enough for me.

It never occured to me that I had lost 26 lbs since putting out my Christmas Goal. Thanks reginia for pointing that out to me. Now I feel like I've made some real progress!

Each day is a new day and with it comes a new awareness of what I'm actually accomplishing. I am feeling really good about what I've done and look forward to future successes.

I watched the first part of The Big Lossers, but fell asleep (:grouphug:) the second hour. What duration of time does the program cover? Some of those people lost way over 100 lbs. If you tell me 6 months I'm gonna be depressed. :D

Yes Regina your right --

It was 4 months at the ranch (for those that made the final 4) and 4 months at home and then prep for the show. And yes, it appears they do work out 4 to 6 hours a day while at the ranch.

Melissa Lea

Foggy here in Houston today. We needed Santa and his sled to guide us to work!

Went shopping in my closet last night. Found lots of nice evening wear for the cruise. I forgot I had some in smaller sizes. :welldone2: I think I'm ready in that department. I also can get in my new fresh produce outfits. They actually fit, which I'm not used to. I buy things a little big so this is different for me. I won't be able to gain weight on the cruise or I will find myself instantly with nothing to wear.

I think for the first time I do feel restriction, but not anything like most of you experience. I am getting full which is something new to me, but I can eat more than most of you. If I lose I won't complain.

I've got pictures of my trees so I'll get them resized and post them.

Barbara465 --your house is lovely. Thanks for sharing the pics.

You will have a great time on the cruise as well. Isn't it fun to shop in your own closet?? I still have a few things I can not wear in my closet . But once I'm passed that it's to the stores I go.

Barbara --I too still think I can eat more than most bandsters but as long as I'm losing weight I'm not going to fret about it. I am very happy that I'm not experiencing PB's everyother day. I refuse to be too tight and live with constant PBs.

Melissa Lea

Barbara465 - your house is awesome!!!

Pinky - I am so with you on that "head hunger" thing. The last few days I feel just out of control! I start the day well but just have that desire to eat all the time. Granted, not as much as I used to eat, but more than I think I should. I contend with all those same thoughts you listed and there is some truth in each of them but I guess all those years of diet mentality really did a number on me.

I think I've gotten better at telling when I'm really hungry. My problem is wanting to eat when I'm not. Then I think my metabolism is going to bottom out if I only eat a little bit in a day.

I plan to take it one day at a time - I have a big faculty luncheon today so there is going to be lots of food and I'm going to have to really play it cool and not try to stuff myself. If I can get a successful eating day under my belt hopefully I can build on that.

Laura,

You got it! I can think of plenty of reasons to eat (slower metabolism if I don't eat enough, low blood sugar, a snack now will keep me from gorging later, etc). I'm sure these thoughts keep me from sticking to 3 small meals a day.

Things have been better the past 2 days. Someone is fickle, it's either me or the band! I haven't been "stellar", but I've had a little more control and I took Barbara4's advice. Drink Water and get busy before you allow yourself a snack.