Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

not losing

I am officially one week post op I have only lost 1 pound:(... I see ppl saying how they have lost 15 poinds in just 10 days after surgery whats going on with me! I dont feel any restriction at all n I cant have my firdt fill till im 6 week post op its kind of depressing to say the least....advice please help

I understand it can be a downer, but don't worry, girl, your body went through trauma.... It's primary focus right now is healing. Believe me, it WILL catch up! A lot of people don't feel restriction until they start getting fills. Try your BEST to stay within the amount of food allowed (up to 1 cup of food during each meal) next thing you know, you'll be making trips to the tailor to get your favorite clothes taken in.

I am officially one week post op I have only lost 1 pound:(... I see ppl saying how they have lost 15 poinds in just 10 days after surgery whats going on with me! I dont feel any restriction at all n I cant have my firdt fill till im 6 week post op its kind of depressing to say the least....advice please help

Did u do a preop..diet?

Are you hungry?

Most people don't feel hungry the first couple of weeks because of swelling around the area that the surgery was performed. That being said; on Clear liquids then liquids is a considerable decrease in caloric intake and results in early weight loss.

Does any of this fit your situation?

I did a pre op diet I lost 10 pounds during it. But I have had an appitie since 3rd day post op I dont think I experienced alot of swelling becuse the only time I felt discomfort is right after surgery other than that nothing...from what I can c my incisions are pretty much healed on the outside my dr was amazed my body healed so much 5days post op :/

I did a pre op diet I lost 10 pounds during it. But I have had an appitie since 3rd day post op I dont think I experienced alot of swelling becuse the only time I felt discomfort is right after surgery other than that nothing...from what I can c my incisions are pretty much healed on the outside my dr was amazed my body healed so much 5days post op :/

Chaqwela how old are you? If you don't mind me asking your down time and recovery time was so fast? How many Ccs in the band right now? Do you know what size band you received? Please, please try and hang in there it will be worth it trust me.

Im 21 im not sure what size band I have...yesterday the the nurse practitioner said she wanted to fill the band to about 14cc altogether with but small fills

Im 21 im not sure what size band I have...yesterday the the nurse practitioner said she wanted to fill the band to about 14cc altogether with but small fills

Your rapid healing process has a lot to do with your young age, it sounds like you do not have any restriction, your body does need to heal please follow the diet plan and since you are healing so quickly I'd check with your doctor and see if you can eat cream of wheat, or oatmeal Jello some fuller thicker fluids.

They advanced me to soft foods starting sunday...I only had to do 2 days of pureed food thats yesterday and today to have a small transition...its just kind of depressing to not c results as soon as others... im wondering if the band will work for me.. im hoping that the fill will help me to make more progress

They advanced me to soft foods starting sunday...I only had to do 2 days of pureed food thats yesterday and today to have a small transition...its just kind of depressing to not c results as soon as others... im wondering if the band will work for me.. im hoping that the fill will help me to make more progress

I wouldn't worry about the progress of others right now please focus on your recovery. You may not be loosing weight rapidly because you don't have as much weight to loose and or your metabolism maybe real slow. After you have completely healed you may want to consider walking 30 min a day. I also had the same results after surgery I did not drop the weight like others, and my weight had stood still. I've just had my third fill one year after surgery so I'm hoping to see the pounds come off, but I can't watch anyone else and what they're doing or else I'll fail for sure. I am focusing on me and my weight journey and this is as unique as you are in this world. Some things that you can do once you've been given the all clear is to remember to eat 6 times a day three meals, three Snacks (this will help boost your metabolism and walk for 30min. Your are so young the weight will come off you have youth on your side but you will have to do some work. Hang in there and surround yourself with positive people and avoid negative people like the plague.

Thank you! I have been trting to stay active lol I have been in Walmart everyday this week for atleast 2 hours walking around but u didnt want to over due anything..monday I plan to c how soon can I go to the gym

Thank you! I have been trting to stay active lol I have been in Walmart everyday this week for atleast 2 hours walking around but u didnt want to over due anything..monday I plan to c how soon can I go to the gym

Good luck stay positive one day at a time.

stay off the scale

it goes up and down all day long and just by what you wrote, you see how it affects you...let your insides heal......4 to 6 weeks after surgery is for healing........and for getting your head into the game.........learning/thinking positive and FOLLOWING the lap bad post op diet...no one said having WLS was easy....except those who expected to lose 100 pounds overnight...dont be one of them..

to lose weight, we must eat or drink more calories then we burn off....

let the band work......but it must heal first..you need to heal first hon

ps: who cares what so and so loses, thats them not YOU

you focus on YOU

Dear Chaqwela, This is a long game and you are way ahead of it! So glad the surgery went smoothly and you are healing up quickly. You have months ahead of you learning how to use the band properly -- getting your fills and sticking to the plan is critical at this point and you will be off to an excellent start for your new healthy life. I have learned so much by reading people's posts on this forum. Many people do not lose in the beginning -- it's just too soon to think about that in the first month or so!

As others have said each one of us will lose differently. You're young and will get back in the game pretty fast. Start getting some exercise as soon as your doctor says its ok. Possibly start by walking then get some resistence exercise in there. The first 4 to 6 weeks is for healing and md doesnt really expect much of a weight loss during that time. As for how much will go in your band will depend on you and how fast you meet resistence. Its very likely that even though your NP said she'd put 14 cc in that you'll never reach that at all. I only have 2 cc and feel no resistence really, but am going for a fill next Monday. The first few months are so is just another diet until you start having some resistence, but you can do it. I started dropping the weight really well after I started exercising.