Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October bandsters

ohh i soo feel ya...ive been having those same thoughts also. i am hypothyroid and have never had such a hard time losing weight! and believe me i have tried. from what i hear on here ppl lose the weight as long as they try and follow dr rules.

i sooo hear ya. all of ya'll!! i am hypothyroid and have never had such a hard time losing weight! from hearing what everyone says if you follow the rules you will have good results. this waiting game i had been playing to get approved has been hard idk how much weight ive gained the past few weeks but now that im approved and have a date im going to really try and once banded it will be much easier hopefully. good luck to all of you, glad im not alone!

I'm hypothyroid as well and really feel that it's really going to affect my weight loss with the band as well as it is now. I'm paying out of pocket so I have to really make sure I'm doing the right thing.

October 2nd for me.

Two days into this liquid diet and I'm having trouble. I have a shake called Total Lean, and it's awesome tasting and all, but I want food, haven't caved yet, don't think I will, but still... D:

I kinda joined for encouragement, I think.

Is anyone else having trouble with the liquid diet?

My second day on the pre op diet. I hate the stuff I have to drink. Making it very difficult to feel full. I think we are so used to eating not being Able to eat just seems weird. I miss chewing.

I am currently in my doctors office waiting for my consult visit when I will get my surgery date. I am so nervous!!! I feel like I am shaking inside although it's not showing on the outside. I will be even more of a wreck on Monday for my psych eval. After working two days on the busy Ortho Neuro floor and dietician group class with the psych after pray for me on that day. I will post my surgery date after this appt.

Wow! So many of us are October 2nd! We can do this!! Good luck with the Pre-Op diet today, it's day 3 for me and I'm hoping it just gets a little easier today, but if not, at least it will be another day without food gone!

Got my date Oct 17!!!

Got my date Oct 17!!!

Congratulations,,,

Hi, I am scheduled for Oct 2nd & I'm am a little nervous after reading all that I have seen.

I am being banded October 4. I am half way through day two of the pre op detox. Yesterday I came down with a wicked chest code. I am hoping/expecting that once I get down in weight the chest colds/pneumonia will be less.

I am aware that I have to make sure I do consume enough calories now Oy!

I am fortunate that here in Toronto my doctor has me on a low fat low carb diet. Oh and low taste I did a protien shake yesterday. It took me a whole day to finish it I thought it wasn't going to stay down.

Like others I carry that monkey on my who keeps chattering "you are going to fail"

And then more monkeys chatter all my doubts, fears and shame

So I put on florence and listen to "Shake it out"

"It is hard to danc with the devil on your back. So shake it out"