Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded on Sept. 4, 2013

Did any one else get banded on Sept. 4' date=' 2013? I would like to see how you are progressing.[/quote']

I did. I feel like I'm not doing so great. I still have a great deal of gas and every time I drink fluids I feel even more bloated. How are you feeling?

I did. I feel like I'm not doing so great. I still have a great deal of gas and every time I drink fluids I feel even more bloated. How are you feeling?

I got banded sept6 n am feeling the cramping and shortness of breath. It hurts to get up and sit down.

I got banded on sept 6th and I'm in a ton of pain. Anyone else try a heating pad? I'm on Tylenol with codine 2 every 6 hours I can't get up on my own and I just wanna make sure I'm not the only one. Anyone else ?

I had My Surgery also on the 6th. Before today I have felt fine, but today I am having the bloated, gassy feeling, its bugging me and making me irritable. I went for a walk outside and I felt a little better, except when I came back in, I started feeling yucky again. I also haven't taken any pain meds or Advil today, Was seeing If I could get thru the day with out it, but its not looking like it.

I did manage a half cup of butternut squash cream Soup this morning, but thats about it for fluids. I try to drink some gator-aide but i just dont want anything cuz of the bloated feeling.

My gas pain has almost subsided in my left shoulder, just a twinge now and then when I lay down. Just wish this feeling like I cant sit still, and nothing keeps my attention for more then 5 mins, Even writing this post is driving me nutty. Its such an odd feeling,

-Debbi

I was banded on the third.... So just a few days ahead if you all. HANG ON. YOUR ALMOST AROUND THE CORNER. I have noticed I feel better yesterday n today than I have for a week. ( and I pooped today which really helped, TMI, I know) I have also had the issue of really feeling bloated and ugh after drinking more than a sip. See doc tomorrow and will let you know what he says.

I was banded on the third.... So just a few days ahead if you all. HANG ON. YOUR ALMOST AROUND THE CORNER. I have noticed I feel better yesterday n today than I have for a week. ( and I pooped today which really helped, TMI, I know) I have also had the issue of really feeling bloated and ugh after drinking more than a sip. See doc tomorrow and will let you know what he says.

I wish I could poop..lol yeah TMI ..but gah..I'm sure I will feel better..and then to top off my suffering I got my period yesterday..cramps...

When it raisins it pours.lol

-Debbi

I was banded on the 4th. Yesterday was the first day I didn't need pain meds. Haven't needed nausea meds at all yet either. Today was the first day I felt I had good enough range of motion to leave the house, I went grocery shopping for an hour and a half and survived! Last night was the first night I could sleep on my side- forgot to ask them which incision has my port, they all feel the same so I can't tell lol. I'm allowed to have 3 Protein Shakes plus 2 other soft things a day but have not been able to consume more than 1 shake and 1 small other thing yet. I can't tell if I am hungry or if its gas gurgling around in there....staying hydrated, gonna hafta start Miralax soon because I've had zero activity in the restroom yet. I am slightly sore but getting up and down is better and easier each day (back to work Tuesday)...everything feels a little "tight" on the inside, I don't know if it will stay like that or if that's part of my swelling (also had hernia repair). I'm feeling pretty good, I'm doing laundry and up preparing meals for the family still so I'd say each day is better!

I am getting a little better day by day. I still feel really bloated and gassy. I really hope this goes away. One question for you, do you have any itching or burning around your incisions? My incisions itch like crazy!

I was banded on the 4th. Yesterday was the first day I didn't need pain meds. Haven't needed nausea meds at all yet either. Today was the first day I felt I had good enough range of motion to leave the house' date=' I went grocery shopping for an hour and a half and survived! Last night was the first night I could sleep on my side- forgot to ask them which incision has my port, they all feel the same so I can't tell lol. I'm allowed to have 3 Protein shakes plus 2 other soft things a day but have not been able to consume more than 1 shake and 1 small other thing yet. I can't tell if I am hungry or if its gas gurgling around in there....staying hydrated, gonna hafta start miralax soon because I've had zero activity in the restroom yet. I am slightly sore but getting up and down is better and easier each day (back to work Tuesday)...everything feels a little "tight" on the inside, I don't know if it will stay like that or if that's part of my swelling (also had hernia repair). I'm feeling pretty good, I'm doing laundry and up preparing meals for the family still so I'd say each day is better![/quote']

You kinda sound like me. I am so sick of the gassy bloating feeling! I truly hope that is not something that stays around.

You are not suppose to take Advil are you? I heard it might lead to bleeding or ulcers!

I am getting a little better day by day. I still feel really bloated and gassy. I really hope this goes away. One question for you' date=' do you have any itching or burning around your incisions? My incisions itch like crazy![/quote']

Yes mine itch. It's just from them healing I'm sure. They burn sometimes too! I wish the gas and bloat would just go away. For the first time today I feel gas in my shoulders. I feel when I drink a little I just ate a whole buffet. I know that's the purpose of the band but I haven't even been able to really get my Protein in because of how fast I feel full

I am getting a little better day by day. I still feel really bloated and gassy. I really hope this goes away. One question for you' date=' do you have any itching or burning around your incisions? My incisions itch like crazy![/quote']

Yes mine itch. It's just from them healing I'm sure. They burn sometimes too! I wish the gas and bloat would just go away. For the first time today I feel gas in my shoulders. I feel when I drink a little I just ate a whole buffet. I know that's the purpose of the band but I haven't even been able to really get my Protein in because of how fast I feel full