Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello from Jonesboro, Ga

Don't worry about slight weight gain post operatively..depending on your pre op diet some will be glycogen stores, Fluid, swelling, try to choose healthy soft options. When your on hard crunchy god you will easy less and feel fuller...

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LapBandTalk

I'm feeling really good. Keep losing and gaining same 3 lbs. I'm down 18 lbs TODAY! I'm on mushies and I'm sick of it! I get very hungry, but I'm working very hard to control what I'm eating. I'm suppose to get my first fill on 10/17 and I'm looking forward to starting the journey with real food. I know we will have to learn how to eat slowly and even smaller portions and I'm ready to start living our "real life" with the band, hope that makes sense. Surprising to me, I believe my doc banded my brain more than my stomach, because things that normally tempt me into oblivion just really have no affect on me at all. It's just been a little over three weeks and I hope that mental banding continues. Good luck ladies and keep me posted on how you're doing.

Hi everyone! I'm new and just started my journey. I live in Stockbridge, GA. Will you all have me?

:-)

Hi everyone! I'm new and just started my journey. I live in Stockbridge' date=' GA. Will you all have me? :-)[/quote']

Absolutely! Welcome aboard! Holler if you need anything! I'm just 6 weeks post op, but I can tell you what I know,

Hello, I'm about 6 weeks out and I just had my second fill- feeling great. Hellooooo neighbor!!! Oh I'm from Jonesboro, and I need a support system myself. WELCOME

Hello' date=' I'm about 6 weeks out and I just had my second fill- feeling great. Hellooooo neighbor!!! Oh I'm from Jonesboro, and I need a support system myself. WELCOME[/quote']

Hi pmcctchn! Glad you're close! I'll definitely support you. I need al the "positive" insight there is. Which surgeon did your band?

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I am from the Warner Robins area. Banded 9/13 with the Lap-Band AP. 1st fill tomorrow. My port is also in chest /under left arm area. Loving it. Doing well. Definitely not as hungry. Agree with some on this thread that it's curbing my appetite!

Thanks Fee139 ! Please do tell. :-) my first appointment isn't until 11/1/13. I've done the seminar where all 3 procedures were introduced, but I'm only interested in the band.

I am from the Warner Robins area. Banded 9/13 with the Lap-Band AP. 1st fill tomorrow. My port is also in chest /under left arm area. Loving it. Doing well. Definitely not as hungry. Agree with some on this thread that it's curbing my appetite!

Awesome! I need that. To not be hungry. Have you started exercising yet?

I have not. I had the hernia repair at the same time so the DC instructions said to limit vigorous exercise for 4-6 weeks. I have done a ton of walking. 6 flags this past weekend and GA game a few weeks ago as well as a couple Braves games. So definitely being active but haven't gotten a routine. That is something I am looking forward to asking him tomorrow during my fill appt. Everything I see online post hernia repair says wait about 4-6 weeks.

I have not. I had the hernia repair at the same time so the DC instructions said to limit vigorous exercise for 4-6 weeks. I have done a ton of walking. 6 flags this past weekend and GA game a few weeks ago as well as a couple Braves games. So definitely being active but haven't gotten a routine. That is something I am looking forward to asking him tomorrow during my fill appt. Everything I see online post hernia repair says wait about 4-6 weeks.

Ahhh I see! Yeah that hernia repair is nothing to joke with. Good luck and speedy recovery on that. Keep us updated.

I also ha a hernia repair- I used dr gorjava in southern regional for my surgery. And we should meet up once a month for support, do you have a support class near you? Have one at sothern Regional once a month

I also ha a hernia repair- I used dr gorjava in southern regional for my surgery. And we should meet up once a month for support' date=' do you have a support class near you? Have one at sothern Regional once a month[/quote']

I'm gong to my first support meeting tomorrow as a matter of fact at Southern Regional. I have my appt. with Dr. Gorjala on 11/1. I agree we all should meet..start a club. Lol!

Hey I'm kinda from Macon....I work in Macon...was banded 9/25 !