Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gov. Mike Huckabee Weight Regained

Here is a recently article on the Gov. & His weight gain after Gastric Bypass.

Karen Tumulty, who interviewed Huckabee in February for the Washingotn Post observed this scene:

Huckabee was tucking into a Breakfast of eggs and butter-slathered pancakes at a trendy New York hotel overlooking Times Square. His much-discussed diet – he famously lost more than 100 pounds after a diabetes diagnosis in 2003 and wrote a book about eating right – is apparently on hiatus.

This can happen to you or I or anyone who

Desires to change our health and to live longer.

Personally I am tired of all the meds I take daily and the fact I can hardly walk as pain in my knees and hips are so bad. Being in ministry it makes others question my faith by saying where is my faith believing GOD for a miracle. GOD isn't going to give me or you a miracle, if we don't do as we should; eat right and change our LIFE!

I was banded in June 4th, so s little over two months ago after much sickness since 2008.

Previously I walked daily 5-10 a day and ate right too. U had heart & kidney failure in Nov 22, 2008

And feel and broke both knees in Jan 2009.

The weight piled on after this point from 230-240 to 318 at my surgery date. Last year working with my dr and her staff I was eating right and reduced down to 275 only to gain it back so my BMI would be correct to be approved by insurance. I regret regaining the weight, when with my health issues the insurance would have not turned me down. I should have never listened to the Lap band departments insurance staff. That being behind me after these few weeks I am down to 287 and hope to be down to 210-220 by the holidays. I will be praying for Gov Huckabee.

I am down to 287 and hope to be down to 210-220 by the holidays.

"O" a word of wisdom? Don't plan too far ahead in your weight loss "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

For many of us, our initial loss is was quite extreme, but your loss will probably slow (and sometimes stop) as your body gets used to the extreme calorie deficient. I am about 6 months ahead of you, and based on my initial loss I expected to be a good 20 - 30 pounds lighter than I am. What I didn't plan for my weight loss to slow after 40 pounds and stop for two months after 55 pounds. Pre-lap band that plateau would have thrown me, but as the Word said I focused on one day at a time, enjoying the gift of freedom that what I had lost had given me.

Peace

Interesting, pastor o, I noticed that Huckabee has been gaining back again. I pray for him to find his strength and will power to lose again. His health is very important to him and to all his followers! Thanks for the article, pastor!

"O" a word of wisdom? Don't plan too far ahead in your weight loss "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow' date=' for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

For many of us, our initial loss is was quite extreme, but your loss will probably slow (and sometimes stop) as your body gets used to the extreme calorie deficient. I am about 6 months ahead of you, and based on my initial loss I expected to be a good 20 - 30 pounds lighter than I am. What I didn't plan for my weight loss to slow after 40 pounds and stop for two months after 55 pounds. Pre-lap band that plateau would have thrown me, but as the Word said I focused on one day at a time, enjoying the gift of freedom that what I had lost had given me.

Peace[/quote']

Terry,

Thank You for the wisdom & knowledge here. Yes I have even basically feared getting to a level and everything stops !

Bless you ,

Pastor O

Interesting' date=' pastor o, I noticed that Huckabee has been gaining back again. I pray for him to find his strength and will power to lose again. His health is very important to him and to all his followers! Thanks for the article, pastor![/quote']

Yes please pray for Gov Huckabee and each other as GOD does hear our prayers!

Bless you ,

Pastor O

Back at you Pastor!

Thanks for sharing. The meds situation was especially important to me and not having to take meds for diabetes and back pain make the fact that I am a slow loser more tolerable.

I agree with Terry, there may come a day when your current loss rate will slow down.

If I can paraphrase just a little from the chorus "It's no longer I that liveth, But Christ (and the Lab Band :D) that liveth in me. Source: http://www.hymnal.net/hymn.php/ns/16#ixzz2cRQiF8oW

Take care and keep up the good work.

Thanks for sharing. The meds situation was especially important to me and not having to take meds for diabetes and back pain make the fact that I am a slow loser more tolerable.

I agree with Terry' date=' there may come a day when your current loss rate will slow down.

If I can paraphrase just a little from the chorus "It's no longer I that liveth, But Christ (and the Lab Band :D) that liveth in me. Source: http://www.hymnal.net/hymn.php/ns/16#ixzz2cRQiF8oW

Take care and keep up the good work.

Yes without Jesus there is no hope amen !