Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters Can you help ?

Hello my name is tammy and I was banded 12/13/05 I have lost 45 lbs so far but have hit a spot where i am not doing as well. I would like to know how others are doing. Do you excerise if so how often, what do you eat in a typical meal, how much Water do you drink? I really appreciate any help you cangive

Thanks

Tammy

Hi Tammy,

I was banded Dec. 16, 2005. At my last dr.'s visit the nutritionist told me to limit my calorie intake to 1200 cal a day and make sure to get in at least 80 grams of Protein daily. I have been following along with this and so far I have lost 4 lbs already and it's only been 5 days. Before I was trying to eat low carb, but I'm not big on veggies and theres only so much meat a person can eat. I like eating this way much better. I bought me a big book that lists all the nutritional info on just about any food you can find and I keep a list of my calories and Proteins so that I know when I've hit my limit for the day. When my 1200 calories are gone, that's it. I stop eating.

Hope this will help.

I was banded December 9th and I've lost almost 20kg so about the same amount as you.

I too have hit a flat spot. I think I once said I bet I get the first 20 off pretty easily and then struggle and that's true. I've done well so far with minimal restriction and 1.3ml in my band, but I'm feeling now I've lost the restriction and am ready to be topped up and go a little tighter.

I think its natural for our bodies to need to plateau out a bit, I feel a lot like I've cemented this new lower weight in place and my body has gotten used to it, now it's time to move on.

I am exercising regularly, doing a short 4km run four or five days a week and mucking around with weights and other toning exercises a couple of days a week and I'm also a lot more active just generally than I was.

I eat what I always ate, which was never that bad. On a typical day I might have Cereal or toast for Breakfast, a salad, a sandwich or Soup for lunch, a normal meat and 3 veg family dinner. Occasionally there's takeaway or Pasta or a meal out, I went out last night to a lebanese restaurant, had rice, Beans and falafel. I have the occasional glass of wine, my daily latte (skinny milk of course) and pinch a few of the kids' chips occasionally.

Obviously the quantity has reduced a lot and that's why I've lost weight. I dont really have vices like ice cream which I cant stand, or chocolate. My main vice was cake and muffins and out of all the foods I can eat with no problems, those two are really uncomfortable and difficult to eat so I really dont bother anymore.

Its probably time to improve more what I'm eating, more lower fat foods and less carbs to get the rest of the weight off.

I was banded on December 13th and have lost only 30 pounds. I need a fill really badly but my doctor has been so booked that I've had to wait for 2 months so far and I still have a few weeks before my next fill is scheduled. I have to say I am so unresrticted that I am totally blowing it. I think this week I have gained some weight, I'm feeling very discouraged with my band.

Dont be - if it's not working as it should due to lack of restriction, dont beat yourself up over it. If it were so easy to diet and lose weight steadily over such a long period of time (I've never dieted for 5 months straight before) then you wouldnt have a band would you? 30lb is still 30lb and its a good weight loss however slowly or quickly you've lost it. When you finally get in to see your doctor you'll be right.

I'd concentrate on trying not to gain and just to maintain what I'd lost. Which is pretty much what I"m doing now too.

I was banded December 12, 2005 in Acuna, MX. I have lost 24lbs to date so far. A little slow, but I have never had a fill, so I think it is pretty good. I currently have 1.5cc in my band, but my doctor explained this is not restriction. I had to have the fill at the time of surgery to help the band stay around my stomach (there wasn't enough fat around the stomach). I called yesterday to make an appointment for July 12 to get my first fill.

I was banded on December 16 and have only lost 30 pounds. However, I have been getting fills from my surgeon every six weeks. I have just begun feeling some (little) restriction. I don't crave for food between meals. I don't have food on my mind every minute of the day anymore. I used to have all of my meals planned for the entire day because I was so worried about food. :hungry: Now you can actually see the shelves in my refridgerator (they're made of glass) and it actually has a light! No more food stuffed in there until it groans! I love the band, I love the band, I love the band! Even though I am loosing slow, I feel so much better! It's so nice walking around the stores and looking at things instead of running in, getting only what I need, and leaving because I am so out of breath or my knees are sore!

Hang in there ljones, you're doing great! Let's do this together!:confused: