Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other September 2013 bandsters?

Peanut M&M's is the drug of my choice...omg!!! At the height of my "addiction" I would eat about a pound a day. I had to give them up completely (as I did with all candy) because if I didn't every stressful situation I came into, my hand would be in the candy jar.

I can tell you that the key to my sanity and success over the holiday week last week was that I planned each eating day in advance. I only ate what I could fit on a saucer size plate and didn't go back for seconds. I brought sugar free pudding and ate that at dessert time. I was still part of the eating festivities, but on my own terms. Then I planned a walk around the "big" block with my son. He took his bike and I walked. I found that if I plan to walk by myself during an eating day, then I may not be motivated to move, but plan it with someone who won't forget (like my 8 year old son) then I have to move because he will hold me to it!!

Lastly, I planned a weigh in at my surgeons office the day after thanksgiving. Crazy as that sounds, it totally was a deterrent. I lost 6.5 pounds since my last weigh in on November 8th. My next appointment is the day after Christmas!

I love reading your posts and blog...you are such am inspiration.

Thank you for the compliment, I have 2 new blog posts in the works and have also linked my photo pages to my website so you can now view my photos, however, haven't had much free time recently to finish them... One of them is related to my 3lb gain... which by the way I have already lost most of it just by going back on plan, lots of Water and walking daily. it should be gone by friday and I can put this holiday behind me...lol

Thought you may enjoy this blog post....I quoted some of you and the advice you gave me, I hope you don't mind :)

http://www.debbieposton.com/happy-thanksgiving-pass-the-pie/

Opinions???

2nd fill today. Hopefully this will change things up a bit more than fill number one did. Still losing weight and feeling good overall. Now I've got a total of 7cc in my 14cc band. I've definitely been feeling less banded the last couple of weeks than I did for the first several. Now I've just got to get motivated to exercise!!

The last couple days I've been having a little pressure or something in my chest. It's annoying, but not painful. It started a lot like the nerve pain I had last month. I sometimes get it when I am running on empty, but now I am feeling it periodically through the day, here and there. I know it may sound crazy, but it feels like I can feel the band. Sometimes there is light pressure in my left shoulder or chin. I have a doc appt next week Tues for a fill. Should I wait til then because it really doesn't hurt, or should I take off work and go in now (which sucks)? It almost feels heartburn-y but without the acid reflux spicy feeling too. I'm going to do at least 2 days of stage 1-2 in hopes that whatever it is calms down.

The last couple days I've been having a little pressure or something in my chest. It's annoying, but not painful. It started a lot like the nerve pain I had last month. I sometimes get it when I am running on empty, but now I am feeling it periodically through the day, here and there. I know it may sound crazy, but it feels like I can feel the band. Sometimes there is light pressure in my left shoulder or chin. I have a doc appt next week Tues for a fill. Should I wait til then because it really doesn't hurt, or should I take off work and go in now (which sucks)? It almost feels heartburn-y but without the acid reflux spicy feeling too. I'm going to do at least 2 days of stage 1-2 in hopes that whatever it is calms down.

I would call your nutritionist... Explain to him\her what you just listed here and see what they recommend.

Good luck and keep us updated.

I am drinking hot tea, and now the previously mentioned sensation is gone. WTF?? Why are our bodies so weird? Good idea, Debbie. I will try that too.

I'm struggling over here...I'm fairly certain I haven't gained. But I'm hungrier more and more. I had my first fill early November - I think it was the 6th. I only got .5cc's in my 10 cc band. I get another fill December 18th and it can't come soon enough! I know I'm not doing all I can be doing by not making the right choices :(

It's been hard with the holidays and with being able to eat most anything. Really hoping to get more motivated with my next fill. How much do you all have in your bands now? Are you losing more with each fill? Noticing differences? Need some motivation and good fill stories with good results! Please :)

I am at 3.5cc. I am not losing any more than I was before the fill, in fact I think I am losing more slowly than on the low carb diet, and then pre-op diet. But that's ok, as long as I'm making some progress. I am not ravenous ever, so I think I would need just a little more of a fill. But as I said before, I'm having trouble with weird referred pain or something, so I'll talk to the doc before my next fill, which was scheduled 12/17.

Georgia, if you recognize your choices aren't ideal, only you can fix that. Hope your fill is motivating to you!

Georgia I'm shocked they only gave you .5cc. I wouldn't let them make that mistake again. Did they do a Water test after the fill or put you under the scope? My doc put in fill today and had me drink water until I felt it go down. He didn't want me to not feel satisfied with my fill. I told him it didn't feel any different so he added another 1cc. That made a difference! Still getting used to it. I'm drinking slower and my shake took me 40 minutes to get down where it was taking me 3 to 4. I know things will settle in but I can already tell a big difference over my first fill.

I understand next week won't come soon enough for your fill but you can make it. Just keep making good choices and don't worry about the rest. Hopefully this next fill will change the way you are feeling about your band right now and you will find some true satisfaction. Hang in there and be patient. Tomorrow is a new and different day.

I have had my second fill for almost a week now and I am loving it. I went from being able to eat almost as much as I used to to eating about 6 bites and filling satisfied. I have lost the weight I gained during the holiday plus almost 2 more pounds. My goal was to be out of the 190's by the end of the month and I am already at 192.8.

I love my doctor for allowing me to control how much fill I have in my band. He will add until I can fill it and I can watch it go through my band. I forgot to ask how much I have in my band right now. I just know that I had 1.5 before my fill so I am hoping I am at least at a 3.

I have taken up jumping rope for my cardio along with walking and I also have a 5 pound weight I have been using for a little strength training. I am almost ready to go up in either reps or weight. I'm so excited. My arms are not as flabby as they were. I have also been able to increase my time on the eliptical at the gym. I am now able to do eight minutes with a 30-45 second break after each minute- minute and a half. Before I was lucky if I could do 2 minutes.

I'm struggling over here...I'm fairly certain I haven't gained. But I'm hungrier more and more. I had my first fill early November - I think it was the 6th. I only got .5cc's in my 10 cc band. I get another fill December 18th and it can't come soon enough! I know I'm not doing all I can be doing by not making the right choices :( <br> It's been hard with the holidays and with being able to eat most anything. Really hoping to get more motivated with my next fill. How much do you all have in your bands now? Are you losing more with each fill? Noticing differences? Need some motivation and good fill stories with good results! Please :)

. Oh boy I hear you. I do not feel restricted at all. I have had only one fill in the 2 months that I have been banded. The only thing is I had 2cc,s put in. .5 doesn't even seem like it is worth it....my 2 cc,s did not have any effect on me I cannot imagine what ,5 would be like. Hopefully the doctor will add more solution than that. I do not go for another fill until January 8. Sure wish it would have been before Christmas.

Super struggling. I have 3.5 cc in my band and think I may be too tight. Trying to figure out a day to make the drive to see my doctor.

Super struggling. I have 3.5 cc in my band and think I may be too tight. Trying to figure out a day to make the drive to see my doctor.

Why is that? What are you eating that is giving you problems?

I am just in some pain and just not feeling right. My doc has me on liquids for the next day or two and if the pain doesn't get better I will be getting an un fill I guess.

Carrie, when did you get your fill and did the problem just start?