Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know I know doc. said liquids & mushy foods but I've had pizza already burgers, fries but of course chew the hell out of my food & I eat way way less sometimes. My follow up is July 23 then if all goes well my first fill July 31. No getting stuck yet, no vomiting hopefully my band hasn't slipped...& I am losing weight slowly & yes I know I could loose more if I ate right.

I know I know doc. said liquids & mushy foods but I've had pizza already burgers' date=' fries but of course chew the hell out of my food & I eat way way less sometimes. My follow up is July 23 then if all goes well my first fill July 31. No getting stuck yet, no vomiting hopefully my band hasn't slipped...& I am losing weight slowly & yes I know I could loose more if I ate right.[/quote']

I feel like you but I'm staying focused! I'm purposefully not goin on a trip on a boat with my husband and his friends because I can't eat the food. They will be BBQ wings, hamburgers , Beans .... All of my weaknesses basically. Remember even with your full u still have to make smart choices.

The post op diet has absolutely nothing to do with weight loss. It's about healing.

By cheating on your doctor's post op diet, you are putting yourself at risk for very seriously complications. Your stomach has had a silicone band literally sewn into it. It needs time to heal and by eating pizza and burgers when you're supposed to be on liquids and mushies you are just begging for a ripped suture and damage to your stomach.

No offense, but why would you eat pizza and burgers so soon anyway? Totally unhealthy and totally counter-productive to weight loss.

No your right, thanks for putting that into my head I don't want to damage my stomach or have to go thru surgery again.

No your right, thanks for putting that into my head I don't want to damage my stomach or have to go thru surgery again.

I know it's hard. Let's face it, mushy food sucks lol.

But when you feel like cheating, remind yourself why you did this to begin with- FOR YOU. You deserve to be healthy and part of being healthy healing well too.

You can do this.

Great advice Mis!

Be VERY careful because you are in the healing stage. The post-op plan is there for a reason.

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss: 160 lbs

I know I know doc. said liquids & mushy foods but I've had pizza already burgers' date=' fries but of course chew the hell out of my food & I eat way way less sometimes. My follow up is July 23 then if all goes well my first fill July 31. No getting stuck yet, no vomiting hopefully my band hasn't slipped...& I am losing weight slowly & yes I know I could loose more if I ate right.[/quote']

Post op is certainly a struggle for most of us. Your honesty is refreshing and human. Hang in there!

@ Fashionstylist. Hi sweetie. I would not stop myself from having fun. If I were you, I would go on the boating trip. As for food, I would take two wings and shred them up into bits, and serve myself some Beans. That's enough Protein. You cannot stop yourself from enjoying the summer months. Please reconsider. You need to learn (as soon as possible) how to go out and enjoy yourself while making the right food choices.

Your lapband friend, Maria

@ Fashionstylist. Hi sweetie. I would not stop myself from having fun. If I were you' date=' I would go on the boating trip. As for food, I would take two wings and shred them up into bits, and serve myself some Beans. That's enough Protein. You cannot stop yourself from enjoying the summer months. Please reconsider. You need to learn (as soon as possible) how to go out and enjoy yourself while making the right food choices.

Your lapband friend, Maria[/quote']

Thank you so much ! You are so right... I really want to go on the trip. The thing is that I will only be 9 days post op and I don't think I can have real food. I'm still on full liquids . I know it will get better

Thank you so much ! You are so right... I really want to go on the trip. The thing is that I will only be 9 days post op and I don't think I can have real food. I'm still on full liquids . I know it will get better

You can't have real food, but you could bring some full liquids so you have something with you.

What about a thermos of cream Soup (with no chunks)? Or broth? Or, Protein Shakes?

It's not ideal but then at least you can still go. If you don't want people to know about your surgery and they ask why you're not eating just tell them your stomach is upset so you're taking it easy.... hey...it's not a lie ;)

So glad to read this thread I was just banded on July 30th and today I have been wanting something to eat its so weird I'm not hungry I think it's all in my mind but I'm glad I ran across this Soup broth it is and Gatorade and Water thanks

I'm 2 weeks out and moving to full liquids and some mushies. I have bad diarrhea. Is that normal?