Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feel sooo bad and sad

I feel the need to whine just now - and could I please have some cheese with it?

I'm fighting a Migraine since this morning- took 2 Excedrine (I know , I know , no NSAID's- but Imitrex scares the sh..t out of me) have been able to keep it down but the downside to that is I get the worst craving for sweets that you can imagine. (And I'm not a sweet tooth that's the worst!)

So I had a large Chai Magic, 22oz, 6 tbl of Peanut Butter, stole a candybar from my kids - butterfinger- and the list goes on. And I feel sooo bad about this - my stomach is doing ok at least I did not eat everything together. :faint:

And my migraine is getting better too- no more vision problems and the pounding in my head is tolerable- but just knowing what I did makes me feel terrible again.

Thanks for listening. You gal's and guy's are awesome!

Gee, you act like someone just took away your birthday. I don't have Migraines (Thank God), but from the way you and others describe them I'd say "whatever it takes to get you through". It sounds like you had a bad day all around. You're allowed to screw up once in a while. Just don't make a habit of it. You have my sympathy. No need for any cheese with that whine. Sounds justified.

I'd say with a Migraine that was impairing my vision and made me feel like jack hammers were going off in my head, a little bit of Peanut Butter and chocolate would be in order.

Yeah, whatever it takes. I've had a huge corneal ulcer this weekend, similar kind of pain to a Migraine and I really couldnt give stuff what's gone in my mouth. For me, I get nauseous so dont want to eat, but this isnt an everyday occurrence for you. Put it behind you, dont worry about it. Its hard enough dealing with pain like that. HOpe you feel loads better very soon.

I get Migraines, too. Imitrex scares me, too. In fact, it makes me even more sick. Since Migraine triggers are really complicated, the only thing I'd spend any little bit of time at all thinking about is if anything you are eating is a trigger. chocolate can be one. On the other hand, it helps some people. No one has to be perfect. Repeat after me. No one has to be perfect. There.

Now, don't worry. Talk to your doctor about your migraines. I am using Topamax as a preventative. I have a med to take if I get one (Esgic plus) and Phenergan for nausea.

I wish you luck with your headaches...I know I have been having a streak of headaches lately, and I am sick of the stupid, dumb things!

Hugs, Cindy

I get Migraines, too. Imitrex scares me, too. In fact, it makes me even more sick. Since Migraine triggers are really complicated, the only thing I'd spend any little bit of time at all thinking about is if anything you are eating is a trigger. chocolate can be one. On the other hand, it helps some people. No one has to be perfect. Repeat after me. No one has to be perfect. There.

Now, don't worry. Talk to your doctor about your migraines. I am using Topamax as a preventative. I have a med to take if I get one (Esgic plus) and Phenergan for nausea.

I wish you luck with your headaches...I know I have been having a streak of headaches lately, and I am sick of the stupid, dumb things!

Hugs, Cindy

Hi ddiedre,

thanks for being there - to everybody elso too

Jachut, I hope so much your eye is starting to feel better- hope you have something to put on or in it

Mousecrazy,

I have no idea what triggers mine as I normally don't eat chocolate- but when a migraine come on I go literally on a hunt for choco- sometimes before the band just to overload my tummy and be able to get rid of it again. Can't do that anymore - have phenergan too but that just makes me drowsy and then I loose what little control I still have left and really pig out. Sorry that you have them too. They're the pits.

Do the Imitrex Nasal Spray. It doesn't give me the side effect like the tablet but still seems to do the job. The only bad thing about it .....REALLY BAD TASTE in throat a few minutes after taking it. It doesn't last long though.

Melissa Lea

I used to have severe Migraines until I got on antidepressants. Since 1988, I could probably count the migraines I've had on one hand, THANK GOD! I feel for you. Hope you're feeling better!

I have no idea if this is true, but I heard nuts can cause and aggravate Migraines -- is that true? I hope you are feeling better REALLY soon......I did a wee bit too much celebrating my entrance to onderland over the weekend and had the hangover from hell. If that is anything like a Migraine I feel so badly for you -- at least I did it to myself and had some fun un the process -- you poor thing. I actually had a pulse in my eyes and couldn't MOVE without pain shooting through my noggin! Get some rest, and worry about feeling better, not what you ate..........