Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yum! Which tastes the best?

Which of these made you gag the most?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which of these made you gag the most?

• The first couple of protein powders you tried
    • The meds you now have to take by crushing pills/opening capsules
    • Fleet phospho-soda (both kinds)
    • chewable calcium tablets
    • The stuff you had to gulp down for your upper GI

I don't really have to crush my meds, but if I did, I supposed that would be on the list. Instead it's protien powders, lol.

I can almost guarantee that whoever is voting on other things has never had to use fleet phosphorous soda!!!!!! Believe me, I will opt out of having something done if I am ever told I have to take it again!!!!! UGHHHHH! You don't even want to throw it up because you don't want to taste it again!!!!!!

I only tried 2 Protein powders.....the 2nd was unjury and I still use it to this day. It's pretty good.

Never had fleet phospho soda, but I have had the other brand of the same stuff. I didn't have a big problem with it. Wouldn't do it now, it's carbonated.

I take my Calcium via the chewable viactiv's. They're like candy.< /p>

The chalky barium wasn't that bad, it was that other yellowy stuff (gastrographin?) that was really yucky.

BUT, THE ABSOLUTE WORST...........is crushed up meds or opened up capsules. YUCK! Fortunately, I only take one pill that is small enough that I can swallow it whole. Any other pill I have to take on occasion, I break it into small enough pieces that I can still swallow it with a drink of Water or on a spoon full of applesauce. I'd rather do that than have that syrupy sickening liquid crap as well. Once, I had to open antibiotic capsules and let me tell ya, I think I'd have rather suffered with the infection..........GAG ME!

I hve had to crush anitbiotics twice for a bad respiratory infection. Honsestly, it was the worst, most bitter thing I have ever tasted. Nothing masked it. Not yogurt, not pudding.< /p>

Hi All,

Vitamines are the worst for me. I tried the chewables; before surgery thank goodness because they made me vomit. They are too big to chew well and get down quickly.

liquid Vitamins aren't much better but, if I chase it with some Water and a piece of gum, I do ok. I take it over the sink because if I tast it at all, I gag so bad it might not stay down.

I dont take any medications regularly and have no problems with whole pills anyhow. I expected the barium swallow stuff to taste awful but it's only the once, so definitely Protein powders/shakes for me. I will never willingly consume a Protein shake. They taste like slurping down a warm fish milkshake. Yuck yuck yuck.

I'm not a good Vitamin taker either though. I just hate the sensation of swallowing big pills.< /p>

none of these things make me gag. i have had 3-4 fills and still take most of my pills. I take a flintstones Vitamin. The protien powder drinks are a no-no with my lap band doctors, no liquid calories!!! eat high quality good food. and chew chew chew. the other stuff... don't know anything about it. Mila_cm

what makes me gag the most? ANY french fries, chicken strips & chicken nuggets from chick-fil-a. I used to love chick-fil-a but I can't eat there any more.

The only thing on that poll that I've had the misfortune of taking was the crushed up meds....ONCE, and only ONCE!! YUCK!!! :spit:

I have a really tough time w/ Scrod & chicken. They usually make me PB within minutes. What do you guys do when you know you took too large of a bite or didn't chew well enough? I've had some really embarassing moments w/ friends.