Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was anyones weight when banded...

Started this journey on March 13, 3013 @ 262, I am now at 232. I have fighting losing down 5 up 3 for the past couple weeks. My goal is to get off all meds, C-Pap machine and to see 135.....and to heal my liver.

5'1" on a good day. Started this journey at 267 though I topped the scales at one point at 276. Was 250 on the day of surgery which was January 14th, 2013 and as of this morning, I'm 198. Was not given a goal weight but my primary care doctor is hoping that I can get down to 150 lbs. If I can hit that number, I'll be very satisfied. I have a tremendous motivator...I have severe arthritis in my right knee and will likely need knee replacement. The ortho surgeon told me in no uncertain terms that unless I lost weight, the surgery would not be successful. When you are facing the possibility of not being able to walk, it's a little easier to stick to the program and do what you have to do..

information in my profile

I started at 410 I lost 38 on my pre op diet I am currently stuck at 326 I can't figure out what I am doing wrong but my goal is 200 I'm 5ft 9 and anything under 200 will be a plus

Highest weight 224 now between 190-195.

I stand tall at 5'1

Banded 12/7/12

Feel like weightloss is very very slow but still determined to reach Goal of 150 by august 2013 and 135 maybe for the rest of my life.

I was 270 when banded, I am 5'9" and I was banded 6/19, which was 10 days ago. I lost 7 lbs. within the first week but have recently gained 2 lbs back. Actually wondering is that normal? I don't feel like i should be gaining any weight!

Starting Weight: 264

Current Weight: 214

Height: 5.6

Surgery: 12/19/12

Loving my band!!! I am halfway to my goal as of this month :)

Start weight 219

Surgery weight 212

Five days after surgery 202!

I'm 4'11" so happy

I was 357 on, my highest, on 3/1/12 I was 343 on surgery day 4/26/13..currently 261

Start weight: 330

Current weight: 166

Banded: 1/30/12

Height: 5'8"

Reached goal at 13 months.

5ft 5 inches 258 when I first went to Weight Loss Center at Swedish Hospital in Seattle. Day of surgery 2 19 13 I weighed in at 241 and now 198.

I'm about 5'7, when started pre op diet I was 322, day of surgery I was 302. My surgery was 5 days ago, haven't weighed myself yet but I can see some change. In the recovery room post op, the nurse was calling for someone to take me to my room and I guess she thought I was out of it or asleep. She said to the person on the phone, she had lap band but I don't know why they let her. She doesn't look that big. I was so mad, she has no idea. I wasn't doing it to be skinny, I was doing it to get off high blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds, and get my diabetes under control. I am on my way to my goal, I haven't needed any insulin since the day of surgery!!! It makes me cry every time I say that, I am so happy.

I'm 5'6" and started at 315 (my highest ever). Started a pre pre op 3 week program to inch down calories and increase Protein and exercise. On day 4 of pre op diet and have lost 9.8 lbs to date (abt 5lbs before liquid diet and rest since then). Surgery is July 11. Goal weight is 185. My doc hasn't given me a goal weight but surgeon thinks my # makes sense.

Highest was 410 and worked my way down to 340 on my own. Gained some back Ann was at 378 when I got banded on 7/30/2013.

I am now at 245 and my goal is 220.

I was banded 12/13/2011 at 220 lbs, highest weight was 225. Im 5'3, currently at 162 with a goal of 140. I lost the 1st 50 lbs in 7 months , now the weight loss has slowed down so I hope to be at 150 or below by Christmas.