Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr. Fusco in Florida (melbourne) his staff is wonderful alot of insurances pay, after surgery they do weekly fills until you are where you need to be , you have access to their cell#s for questions and problems they have all been wonderful. I have lost almost 30 lbs, banded 3/14/06. Good Luck

Didnt know where to put this question, so I figured FL would be the best thing.

Since my plans have now changed and my new insurer will cover the procedure (instead of self-pay) I need some names besides Dr. Grossbard, Dr. Jawad, Dr. Jessee. to research on.

I'm waiting on the approval from the corporate office after I gave them the CPT code so I can go for a visit. I then have to have them make it medically necessary to do the surgery i.e. M.O. and 6 months they will pay for it.

Did you have your band placed by a Florida Doctor? If yes I would appreciate - the name, website and price if you know it.

Anyone with info is a great help since I only know of those 3 here in FL.

What part of Florida do you live in?

The Cleveland Clinic Bariatric Department is where I am go now. I had my surgery in Brooklyn 4 years ago, but moved to Florida 3 years ago. The Cleveland group in Weston, FL is good. I like them better than the group that was involved with my Lap-Band installation surgery.

I will be having my surgery done by Dr. Levine at Coastal Bariatrics in Ormond Beach (near Daytona Beach, FL). You can find his website at www.CoastalBariatrics.net . He has taken some time off because of a death in the family but will be back to performing surgeries soon. I have had a friend who was banded by him 2 years ago and she is very happy & looks wonderful. Dr. Levine was the only one in the immediate area that did the surgery for a long time but now there are also MD's at Halifax Medical Center in Daytona Beach that do the surgery. I don't know their names but you can look them up at http://www.hfch.org/hmc/ . I hope that this helps for info on the East / Central coast of Florida.

Kathleen

Hi,

I had my band done in Tampa... My Dr is John Detrick. Great guy. Very good physician. I work with him in the OR. I'm a surgical assistant at University Community Hospital. I have worked there for 9 years. He has just started the Surgical Weight Loss program at the hospital and boy has it taken off.... This guy is very compassionate and kind. I liked him when I met him. The nice thing about the program there is it is all inclusive. You see everyone there in that facility. You will see the psychologist, dietitian, exercise physiologist and of course the surgeon. Its was so nice not having to run all over town making these appointment. I know I sound like I'm trying to sell this program but it was a great experience and I just wanted to share that with everyone. You can also go to www.uch.org and that should direct you to that program. Good luck with your Quest. Thanks Steve

My doc. is at baptist hospital in Penscola fl .

,DR.Nye there are 2 others here .I'm waiting for date for upper GI then surgery

I went to Dr. Peter Sarantos in Gainesville, Fla. excellent surgeon and staff.. He is with the Bariatric Surgical Group..

I know you said any names beside the three you listed....I was actually banded in Dalton, GA by Dr. Jaime Ponce.....then moved to FL for my job. I had my first fill today w/ Dr. Grossbard. He mentioned that there are less than 10 doctors in the US that has performed thousands of these surgeries.....he is one! He is a bit cocky....but I could tell he was also confident! He popped that needle in and I had my fill in seconds! He is also going to be an expert witness in a case in MI ....really seems to know what he's doing.

There is a Dr. Kim in Orlando w/ FL HOspital....you might look into him....I don't know much as he was quite expensive to get the fills if he didn't do the surgery! :)

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -38lbs :eek:

Hi I've been banded since 8-23-13. I haven't done real well about 24 lbs. But I take 29 pills a day some are weight gaining and I've not had a fill yet. Do you know when lapbandtalk.com switched to bariatricpal.com? I havent6 found it in over 3 weeks. Just dense I guess.

Anyhow the way I fiund my dr ( Grossbard) by googling. I'm sure you know how to do that but also call other drs to ask for recommendatons. Good luck on your journey.