Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just banded and need answers. :)

Okay good. I was completely nervous about that. I am glad that you reponded to my post :)

It took two weeks for a bowel movement

I am not so sure that is a good thing. I called my doc 3 days post op. I was just feeling miserable. He prescribed me some Magnesium Citrate (Tastes like Sprite). He said being constipated contributes to the general soreness because all the gasses are not getting out. I took that stuff and it started working in about an hour. After several run to the toilet I was feeling immensely better.

Hi there,

I was banded May 24 so I am a wee bit ahead of you and also had a hernia repaired in the process. I am supposed to be on mushy food until this Wednesday but last night had a small baked potato and a very small pork loin chop (2 ounces). I was so desperate to chew something after weeks of fluids.

My band has no fill right now and I was able to make it through the meal no problem (and felt full!). I cut the meat in pea sized pieces and chewed and chewed and chewed. Took me longer than normal to eat but I found out I started really tasting food instead of eating for the sake of getting full.

Go slow (says the person who jumped the gun) and let each bite make it to your stomach before you put another on your fork.

As for the bowel movements I ended up (my attempt at humour - Canadian style Eh) with the runs for a week and then everything went back to "normal" but in proportion to the texture and amount I am eating.

Good luck!!

I am not so sure that is a good thing. I called my doc 3 days post op. I was just feeling miserable. He prescribed me some Magnesium Citrate (Tastes like Sprite). He said being constipated contributes to the general soreness because all the gasses are not getting out. I took that stuff and it started working in about an hour. After several run to the toilet I was feeling immensely better.

I drank a whole bottle of it and nothing happened. It was awful but, now I am good. :)

Hi there,

I was banded May 24 so I am a wee bit ahead of you and also had a hernia repaired in the process. I am supposed to be on mushy food until this Wednesday but last night had a small baked potato and a very small pork loin chop (2 ounces). I was so desperate to chew something after weeks of fluids.

My band has no fill right now and I was able to make it through the meal no problem (and felt full!). I cut the meat in pea sized pieces and chewed and chewed and chewed. Took me longer than normal to eat but I found out I started really tasting food instead of eating for the sake of getting full.

Go slow (says the person who jumped the gun) and let each bite make it to your stomach before you put another on your fork.

As for the bowel movements I ended up (my attempt at humour - Canadian style Eh) with the runs for a week and then everything went back to "normal" but in proportion to the texture and amount I am eating.

Good luck!!

Dont worry I have been eating little bits of meat and veggies here and there and I have done good with it. Just have to make sure to chew chew.. :) Thanks.

When I went in for my pre-op info, the nurse told if IF after 5 full days I was HUNGRy and just couldn;t stand it... I could try a tad of creamy soup- thin enough to pour out of a spoon. IF you can make a smiley face in it...it's too thick! ;)

I was banded last Friday 5/31 and I ended up having a hernia as well. My doctor also filled me 3cc. I have been able to eat liquids. But I'm afraid that I might get something stuck. Can you please let me know how to know if something is stuck and what it feels like. Also how long were you guys sore for?

I had the hernia thing too. I had two doctors working on me that day. One for hernia and the other for lapband. I was on liquids for 3 weeks and the soft food for 3 weeks and have had not "stucks," but get second fill tomorrow and expect that solids will have to be in smaller bites and chewed a little more after that.

Probiotics have been a huge help for me in getting my system going again. I was banded 5/30. I get the capsules and pour the powder in a little juice. Also papaya extract... chewable tablets you can get at Walmart... Help with digestion and stuck episodes. Learned that from the veterans on YouTube.

unjury Protein has been my best friend and liquid pasteurized egg whites.... chocolate Protein, few pumps of egg whites, instant coffee, Water and/or almond milk = lots protein and full for hours!

Just a thought I saw a angel in the marble I chiseled until I set it free.

Okay guys, I got stuck today for the very first time, I was eating chicken and all of a sudden it just happened. I threw up :/ It hurt so bad. i hope one time wont cause slippage. I wanna do goo with this surgery.

Dont worry I have been eating little bits of meat and veggies here and there and I have done good with it. Just have to make sure to chew chew.. :) Thanks.

Sounds like you got the hang of everything and your doing pretty good! I was banded on May 21st and I'm 3 weeks post op. Just make sure when you move on to new foods plan on eating them during dinner time (thats what I do cause thats when I feel more hungry during the day) I'm going to be back on solids next week and I can't wait!! It gets better every week healing and you feel a ton better :) I'm already starting to train for my first 5k but I'm taking it slow. Good luck on your journey!!

Okay guys, I got stuck today for the very first time, I was eating chicken and all of a sudden it just happened. I threw up :/ It hurt so bad. i hope one time wont cause slippage. I wanna do goo with this surgery.

Stick to your doctors guidelines if you gotten them!! I had got stuck on chicken too but I didn't throw up I just let it pass. Just make sure you chew!! Its going to take time to get used to the lifestyle trust me I'm still getting used to it myself and I have pounded it in my head over and over!! Don't be discouraged! I don't think you would get slipped band becuase of throwing up one time.