Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Date set: July 11th - any other July banders?

I'm scheduled for July 15th. After I start a 30 day liquid diet. Any suggestions for someone who is Lactose Intolerant?

I'm scheduled for July 15th. After I start a 30 day liquid diet. Any suggestions for someone who is Lactose Intolerant?

A lot of the pre-mixed Protein Shakes are lactose free. Also, you can mix powders (like Unjury) with Water, almond milk, etc.

Closing in on end of Day 1. Bit of a headache (and I know I'm drinking tons of water) and do feel hungry but not overwhelmingly so. I'm at a work conference and tonight was a celebration dinner that was catered. I had to leave early - I found myself irrationally angry at everyone eating their baked chicken around me!

Isopure and muscle milk are lactose free as well I have the same issue. Just bought isopure going to try it tomorrrow

Okay' date=' guys. I'm a little nervous. I have been on the two week pre-op liquid diet for the past 8 days. I was doing fine for the first few, until I went out of town for a family vacation to the College World Series. I didn't follow my liquid diet at all for three days. (Eeeeek! I know I know) But it was a lot more difficult to adhere to the program when I was sitting down with my family at each meal in a restaurant. ANYWAY, I have 6 days until my surgery and am super worried that my doctor will open me up, see my liver and refuse to do the surgery. I have lost 5 lbs so far, down from 197 to 192. I plan to follow the guidelines until the surgery, but I'm just worried! Any thoughts?[/quote']

I'm not sure what to say... I'm inclined to recommend talking to your doctor so you don't risk having them go in and not be able to do the band. Tho that does open you up to having your date rescheduled depending on her/his reaction. It is possible that if you post this question as its own thread in the pre-op group you will get more advice. I'm not sure ppl who aren't July banders are checking this thread as much.

Okay, guys. I'm a little nervous. I have been on the two week pre-op liquid diet for the past 8 days. I was doing fine for the first few, until I went out of town for a family vacation to the College World Series. I didn't follow my liquid diet at all for three days. (Eeeeek! I know I know) But it was a lot more difficult to adhere to the program when I was sitting down with my family at each meal in a restaurant. ANYWAY, I have 6 days until my surgery and am super worried that my doctor will open me up, see my liver and refuse to do the surgery. I have lost 5 lbs so far, down from 197 to 192. I plan to follow the guidelines until the surgery, but I'm just worried! Any thoughts?

Fischer, I'm inclined to believe that honesty is the best policy in this situation, even if it ends up having repercusions that you don't like. I would suggest getting in touch with your doctor and being honest with him / her about what happened and what you've done to correct it / get back on track. What I've heard here is that the time that folks have to be on the liquid diet varies WILDLY between surgeons. Some docs say 1 week, others say 2 weeks, mine said 7 to 10 days, but I increased the time b/c I was going to be off of work for the hardest part of the time (the first few days of the liquid diet) and thought it would be easier to get that under my belt when my time was more occupied. It may be that your surgeon will be flexible when you talk with him or her and it won't mess up your date, but better to know than worry and better to know than to have it cause complications. Just my opinion!

I woke up starving as day 1 was tuff. Ive never liked counting calories and find it so irritating. Day 2 of my pre-op diet wasn't as bad as day 1. I budgeted my calories so I could have a modest dinner.

Has anyone tried the Special K Protein Shakes? ? Are they good? I tried muscle milk and thought it was gross plus they left me gassy.

Boost with added Protein are pretty good

Did my pre op appointments yesterday. I love my surgeon. He is so nice. Looks like thunderbirds are go for July third. I did thank him for doing my surgery so close to the holiday. I thanked his wife as well. She works in his office.

Day 2 pre-op diet. Stuck at an airport. Starving and surrounded by fast food. Bought a Protein Shake and praying I will just get engrossed in my book.

Hello All & aviva1979! I am scheduled for July 25. However I am still waiting for insurance approval. :rolleyes: I am still reading everyones posts...

:) I am looking forward to hearing about everyones experience...

Day 3 of my diet barely existed. Took my kids to an amusement park today. I went 150 over my 1200 calories today, I'll count myself lucky it was only that much. A day like today leaves me with doubts about will poser in the long run.

Thank goodness tomorrow is a new day.

Just to let you know, on the first ten days of my preop diet I had 1400-1500 calories. Only onthe last 3-4 days could I stick to 1000cal. I still managed to loose 9lbs, tha last 5lbs came off the last 2 days. My surgeon was happy with the 9 lbs. Just get back on track as soon as you can, and get as close to 1000cal as you can and definitely eat tiny meals on your very last day pre-op!! You will be fine.