Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band fill horror!

I had my 5th fill today. There was a new person doing my fill, let me just say... I left in tears and in so much pain. She couldn't find my port, kept pushing and digging around. I felt these electrifying pains shoot from my port, down my side and to my hip! It's was horrifying! I kept telling her it hurt, she finally got someone else who finally found my port. I've never had this happen before. During my last fill I was told that during this fill I'd have the fluoroscopy done to check everything out, but ONCE again they said maybe next time. I have NOT had a X-ray since the day of surgery. Should I demand a X-ray next time? I'm concerned...

I would ask. When I go for my fill they have the monitor in front of my stomach. This makes it WAY easier for the director to find my port. Trust me if they were putting me in pain...they would here me bit**ng to no end! You should not have to suffer like that. I have one doctor that always has trouble finding my port. Then the other doctor came in and found it with no problem. Good luck on your journey!

That is awful they hurt you. Sounds like when they take blood and can't find the vein and keep poking. My surgeon is the only person who has ever done a fill. I am due for my 4th one Friday and he does a very small amount each time. I think I have around 2 1/2cc in a 10 band.

Maybe put some ice on the port for pain

Feel better and maybe ask for the doctor only next time.

I'm so sorry that happened. I would call and complain and I can promise you that person would never be near me again

WOW, so sorry that you had to experience that, I have heard people having difficult time with Fills, but never to the point of pain :( sounds like the port isn't in the greatest position? Mine was always easy to find I could have done the fills myself..Absolutely insist that your next and even future fills be done under Fluro. No reason to have to go through this on a monthly basis.

Good Luck

My original surgeon never did a single fill without the x-ray and barium. A few weeks ago, I went to a new doctor for the first time and had my first fill without it. Your experience truly does sound like a nightmare! Definitely demand that something be done - there is no excuse!

Shelly

Thanks everyone! I don't get my fills from my surgeon, I get them done through true results. However I will be contacting my surgeon about my fill today and ask him why no Fluor has been done. I do have my 5 month post op with my surgeon in a few weeks so ill discuss some of my concerns with him then too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches