Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rosacea

My face actually looks good. I have been using the person and covey cleanser every day, and the bare escentuals or the smokey mountain mineral make up every day. My face looks clearer and does not hurt. Not to mention I am quite a hottie with some war paint on. (I have not worn makeup in 12+ years). Feels like a brand new me. The real test will be this winter though. That seems to be my worst time of the year. Good luck to all you hotties out there!

I beleive I do have Rosacea, because so many of the symptoms are the same with the flushing and the way my skin responds to foods/alcohol, but I have discovered that my recent skin problems are due to eczema. Self-diagnosed, of course! It started several months ago when I developed "pimples" or little white bumps on my left eyelid. Someone said "it's eczema" or a form of it, and I went "hmmmm" and then the small Patches of raised red scaley skin started popping up on my face below my eye, at the edge of the eye socket bone. At first I was dabbing Aquaphor on it, but it just kept moving around. So, I got my daughter's Derma-Smoothe (RX medication for atopic dermatisis/eczema) and Man-oh-Man, has my skin responded! It looks better than it has in years now. I still have 3 bumps left on my eyelid. I'm hoping they fade soon. But, this just might be why my skin liked the Olive Oil so much. The top layer was just scaley dry...eczema. Whoda thunk? Just thought I'd update! :kiss2:

Well, whatever you have, I have. I used to get the little pustules in and around my eye area, now I only get them in my eyebrows (especially the outer edges).

It gets better I change my pillowcase everyday or every other day.

Derma-Smoothe you say? I bet it is easier on my husbands sinuses than Lavender oil, neat. Maybe I should check it out?

Thanks for the update!

Well, whatever you have, I have. I used to get the little pustules in and around my eye area, now I only get them in my eyebrows (especially the outer edges).

It gets better I change my pillowcase everyday or every other day.

Derma-Smoothe you say? I bet it is easier on my husbands sinuses than Lavender oil, neat. Maybe I should check it out?

Thanks for the update!

Are they "pop-able"? These that I have are white bumps, they look like a pimple, but they aren't, really. Maybe "pustules" is the right word. It isn't acne. Wonder why changing pillow cases more often helps? hmmm.

The Derma-Smoothe is a prescription, so check with your doc. You could prolly get it at an online pharmacy pretty easy though, ya think? It's good stuff. Oil, but very satiny.

If they are pop-able I wouldn't know. I am too cowardly to give it a shot. ick/ouch. Im a wuss :)

I figured the pillowcase was harboring used skin and oil (and dustmites- I'm allergic) It could be mental, but it works i think

Ooh, Kathy... not to nag... but do you have the ring yet?

Ooh, Kathy... not to nag... but do you have the ring yet?

You are probably right about the pillow cases. Here's a confession. My feather pillow is probably about 50 years old, and I'm not kidding. I got it from one of my grandmothers upstairs bedrooms after she passed away. I have wonderful memories of being snuggled down in those beds under a ton of handmade quilts, freezing cold in the room, the smell of bacon wafting up the stairs...ahhh. Anyhow, that pillow squishes around my neck just right and I love it. And a new feather pillow is so pricey, I have avoided replacing it, despite the fond memories. I'm certain it doesn't help my skin or allergies, ya think? Ugh.

Making the call to have the ring ready for pick-up is on my to-do list today. I'll go one day next week to pick it up. I'll let you know if I get arrested. :faint:

You'll be fine. Take a friend and make a day of it :)

Mine and DH's are Feather/Down too. Mine has a hypo-allergenic cover (which is great at stopping "poke-through"), but maybe we have a feather-fungus of some sort?

I understand the legacy thing, my quilts were handmade by the various women in my family. I remember waking in the feather bed at my great-aunts cabin and how my nose was nearly numb from the cold room. Inside the bed was as cozy and weightless as a hot bath.

Sticking your toes out and reaching for the floor was an act of courage.

You should at least wash the pillow and dry it on high with a clean shoe. I use a small plastic bottle glued shut and filled with split peas. I read a statistic once that said most of a pillows weight after 5 years was not good stuff. I think it said that they double in weight. Please don't ask what the stuff is, OK? *gagging sounds*

. I read a statistic once that said most of a pillows weight after 5 years was not good stuff. I think it said that they double in weight. Please don't ask what the stuff is, OK? *gagging sounds*

I Know! I have been thinking about my pillow and I have shamed myself into buying a new one today. I'm taking my son to Kohls. We are getting me a new feather pillow. I don't even want to think about the years of "weight" in that old thing. Yah, *gag*. It can't be good for the skin, it just can't!

Because of your huge nutritional change (pre-op or post-op) your ph level has most likely made a huge change. What your body was once used to is now facing new challenges to meet and make up for. It's the same as we age or have trama in our lives .. our skin tends to react.

You may want to look into balancing your ph level and go from there.

10 days til surgery :clap2:

Kleigh, how do I balance my PH level?

Mors, I threw out the gross old pillow and got a new Down pillow with an allergan barrier cover. It's taking some getting used to but I like it. I got the pillow Sat, it's Tues, so 3 nights on the new pillow now. I'm adjusting! LOL Thanks. That was just the push I needed to get rid of the yuck. :o