Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

YIKES! They moved me up a week!

Well my surgery date has changed. So I am on the wagon but good now...

How soon before your surgery did you start your changes? Did they help?

Here is what I have done so far...

Started Milk Thistle, Liver Support, and Liver Cleanse Vitamins in October. Also take Multivitamin, and B-Complex Vitamins daily.

What I have done today... CHEATED LIKE A BIG DOG... Grandy's bisquits, and Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream. Will do low carb dinner to get ready for tomorrow.

What I will start tomorrow. Low carb under 20 grams like I am used to. Will cut back the fat and butter on top of that. Isopure and whey Protein Shakes for Breakfast, etc...

What I will start two weeks pre op. Myocel shakes, like Dr. B orders.

Figure this will give me 3 weeks low carb, 2 weeks Myocel low carb, and vitamins to boost up everything else.

What do you think? Any other suggestions to get ready food/vitamin wise? (I already have all of my bandages, baby food, Jello, shakes, Soups, baby Cereal, etc...)

Thanks for the help. Oh and by the way... I am 300lbs exactly this morning, so off we go...

Yay! This is great news, less waiting time! I was only able to do my pre-op diet for a little over 2 weeks. I was a rush job due to a bad hernia that needed to be repaired asap (did them together). I was able to lose 16 pounds in that time and my liver was fine. I'm certain it was 99% fat before I started that! I lived on fast food (totally) for over almost two years! Blech.

You know we are here for support. Let us know if you need any, and keep us posted on your progress. :eekB:

You really do sound ready to tackle the surgery! You're going to do great - congratulations on getting your date moved up! :eekB:

Careful on the liver cleansers....some of them can actually aggravate the liver and elevate the liver enzymes!!

You are SO MUCH more on the ball than I was....I ate several last meals and didn't prepare well at all!! :eekB:

Praying you do well!!

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -37lbs :)

UhOh, should I stop the cleanser and just stick to the Milk Thistle? The Milk Thistle has actually brought my cholesterol under 200 to 188, so I really recommend that one!

Figure the baby food will keep me honest on mushies, don't have to worry about not chewing enough, and will need to be really hungry to eat that crap. :eekB:

I had my apendix out a few weeks ago and they found a hernia, which Dr. B will repair for me, so I am ready to get this over with.

I must admit that I have had several "last meal" WEEKS in the past six months, so I am truly ok with this. After reading another thread about cheating, my hubby says he will leave me if I don't stick this one out for the month AND for the post op things... so I must be good or train another husband. (Talk about too much work.)

Thanks for all the support. Appreciate any other advice you may have...

You go Poodles!! You're really gun ho and you'll do great!! I drank Slimfast Optima (15 grams of protein), ate Cream of Wheat right off the bat, and sucked down a lot of sugar free Popsicles and Jello. Now I'm eating mashed taters, puddings, and other mushy stuff and I more satisfied and stay full for a longggg time.

I had my surgery in San Antonio and the doc didn't suture my incisions, he glued them...with Dermabond. Great stuff! No bandages and no pulling out sutures. All I did was peel the stuff off as it started to flake off. Man, the stuff they come up with!!

Good luck Poodles!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches