Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 3 days post opt. When I try to take my percocet I need to use liquid and a gulp to get it down. They said cut in 4 pieces so its a few ouncesto get it down. I tried crushing and put in pudding but that made,me nauseas. How did u take ur pain pill?

Do you really need Percocet day 3? I had liquid Vicodin and took one dose. I cannot believe they ordered you pills! Maybe call and ask for liquid meds.

Ask your doctor to call in a prescription for Lortab. It's liquid Vicodin with acetaminophen. That's what I took after surgery; so did many others. It goes down easily, and was a gift from the Gods for pain :-)

Good luck.....

My Doctor gave me liquid pain meds but I also had pain meds going directly to my incision site with a ball of medicine attached. It was wonderful. Hardly no pain at all and when the ball was empty I just pulled the cath out. It was the best thing.

I also had liquid Vicodin. I even ordered 1 refill on that bad boy! But, I also take many other meds, so swallowing pills wasn't really a problem with me...

Marci

3 days out, you're still very swollen. I wonder too why they did not order liquid? I like the others, had liquid Vicodin.

Call your Dr and ask for something else.

i agree again with dawg and the others..

i was on liquid meds after surgery for a month..

odd to me that they did not give you liquid pain meds..

but if you got the ok from the dr/pharmacy to crush meds and take them that way, then alrighty then...

i still crush my help me sleep at night sometime meds at 10 month post op.

I switched to Tylenol this morning because I am feeling better, I still need something because my port site is extremely swollen. its not infected but Dr thinks it has Fluid around it. In the future I am asking for liquid meds!!

Most pain medication I cannot take so my doctor gave me Dilaudid in pill form and Phenergan pill with no problems. I was told by my doctor's PA that I could take capsules, caplets and pills that were no bigger then the tip of my pinky.

I'm 3 days post opt. When I try to take my percocet I need to use liquid and a gulp to get it down. They said cut in 4 pieces so its a few ouncesto get it down. I tried crushing and put in pudding but that made,me nauseas. How did u take ur pain pill?

I had small pills and no problem even with 2cc of saline in my band at surgery. Today after 4cc I still swallow pills. Most of my post op Vitamins are pill form. I can't stand the taste of the liquid vitamins.

I'm 3 days post opt. When I try to take my percocet I need to use liquid and a gulp to get it down. They said cut in 4 pieces so its a few ouncesto get it down. I tried crushing and put in pudding but that made' date='me nauseas. How did u take ur pain pill?[/quote']

They should have given you liquid. Call them.

I'm 3 days post opt. When I try to take my percocet I need to use liquid and a gulp to get it down. They said cut in 4 pieces so its a few ouncesto get it down. I tried crushing and put in pudding but that made' date='me nauseas. How did u take ur pain pill?[/quote']

My surgeon gave me a prescription for liquid Percocet . However, since I have fibromyalgia, high blood pressure & cholesterol, and am hypothyroid I have other meds to take several times a day. I place them into a folded sheet of waxed paper and totally crush them with the flat side of my meat mallet pour the crushed meds into a little med cup, add a little bit of juice to dissolve the powder , stirring as much as necessary, drink it, and follow it up with another sip of juice to get the nasty taste out of my mouth. If you're not use to having to take pain meds it could be that the med is making you feel sick. Maybe your doc can prescribe some anti nausea med for you or you can purchase it over the counter at Walmart or just about any similar store or pharmacy.

I am 3 weeks post op (surgery 4/3) I was filled to 5cc surgery day...I was given Percocet in a pill form and was able to her them down no problem. Everyone is different obviously so you should call your doctor!!

Hey bigcheese. I too am three days post op. I had my surgery on Monday and actually band over bypass. I was given liquid Vicodin but luckily don't need it anymore. My doctor said I could take anything up to the size of a Tylenol.

I called and got everything liquid for now! thanks everyone