Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vomiting!!! Post surgery!

Hello everyone, Fiona here! I had my surgery last Tuesday and everything has been going pretty great until a nasty bout of vomiting and retching Saturday nite. It just came on suddenly, I hadn't done anything different, had my Soup around 6.30 and at 9pm started to feel funny. Began vomiting in 20 min intervals although nothing was coming up. Phoned doctor 2 hours later at home and he said it could be a touch of 'gastro' sorry don/'t know the full word here, and to try some anti-nausea or travel sickness pills...........which I didn't have. Fast forward 2 hours and I am leaning over the toilet retching non-stop, I was so scared, we had to call a doctor out to the house ($$$$$$) cause I was too ill to get into the car to go to the 24 hour clinic 30mins away. The doctor who isn't my surgeon but just a general doctor gave me an anti-nausea injection and I finally managed to lie back into bed after 45 mins.

This was the worst ex[perience of my life...............much worse than the surgery, I never wish to experience this again, I thought I was dying!

Any thoughts on why this could happen, or anyone experienced anything similar. Like I say, up till then I was feeling great, and the next day after I felt normal again...............!!!

Much appreciated for any insight!

Happy band journeys

Regards Amourette!!:nervous :omg:

Perhaps you have a bug? Some of those bugs take a while to manifest...good luck girl, were rootin for ya...

Hi all, i had a tough time the 2nd and 3rd day after surgery. Bad shoulder pain and so much CO2 gas in me i thought i would explode! nothing i did helped, i felt so sick every single smell made me feel like i was going to puke. It was miserable and i regretted doing the surgery in a bad way. Finally i couldn't take it anymore and vomitted. I had held it all day trying not to because i was scared my band would slip or it would cause complications, but i couldn't hold it any longer and had to vomit. When i did, nothing came up but co2 gas, i could feel the gas shooting up out of me, i FELT SO MUCH BETTER AFTER PUKING! i haven't puked since but i still have major shoulder pain and port pain. i am 4 days post op and have slept in the reclyner the entire time. this was much more difficult than i had anticipated. I have had 2 csections and a hysterectomy, and none of them compared to how awful this one was. I am feeling better now, hopefully it will be all better in a week.

You may have given yourself a little food poisening. Usually, vomitting that is that bad and only lasts 24 hours is something you ate....it may have had nothing to do with your band.