Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill Today-Maybe a potential issue :(

I got my first fill today! It wasn't painful at all and I received 3.4cc's in my 10cc band. The doc was able to get to my port easily and the fill went in perfectly.

The potential problem arouse when he tried to take the saline out to test the tubing and the Fluid had trouble coming out.

He put me under fluoroscopy to make sure things were where they were supposed to be and everything looked fine except for a portion of the tubing that took an abrupt hook to the left (possibly kinked). I tried not to panic. He assured me that alot of times these things rectify themselves and wants to see me back in a month.

The good news. I lost weight and got a fill!! On liquids for the next several days and hope to feel well with solids!

Please send your good thoughts and energy my way to motivate the tubing to unkink itself!

I am trying not to worry about it right now.

prayers an thoughts your way !!! (( Hugs)) everything will work out Im sure but I sure I would be nervous also :)

Thoughts & prayers that this fill puts you in the green zone, that tubing isn't kinked and everything will be fine.

Be very careful now that when you introduce solids back, small bites and chew it to mush and don't eat to fast.Something we all forget to do at one time or another.lol

I had my port completely flip at second fill, stitches broke loose and Dr tried manually to flip it back over, which makes me think if you have a kink, maybe they can manual straighten it.

I eventually had to have port revision and everything back to normal.

Try not to worry,everything will work out.

Thoughts & prayers that this fill puts you in the green zone, that tubing isn't kinked and everything will be fine.

Be very careful now that when you introduce solids back, small bites and chew it to mush and don't eat to fast.Something we all forget to do at one time or another.lol

I had my port completely flip at second fill, stitches broke loose and Dr tried manually to flip it back over, which makes me think if you have a kink, maybe they can manual straighten it.

I eventually had to have port revision and everything back to normal.

Try not to worry,everything will work out.

Thank you! Luckily I am on liquids for a few days so I am happy about that (ironic isn't it?). I am nervous about going back to solids with the new fill but I will follow the chewing and small bite rules and certainly will hope fpr the best!

I believe if you follow your doctor's orders all will be well. Good luck.

I am sending you my thoughts and prayers that everything will turn out fine! One thing I have learned in my many years on this earth is that there is no point of getting upset or worrying about things! Whether you spend the next week on pins and needles worrying about it, it will not change the outcome! Don't worry about it until the doctor tells you to. You could spend your whole week upset to find out it was a waste of time and energy and everything is fine! Life is to short to spend time worrying about things that are out of our control!

Just another positive thought, and benefit of doing fills with flouro. You said he was able to give you a fill, so I'm guessing all will be fine. Congrats on the loss! :)

I am sending you my thoughts and prayers that everything will turn out fine! One thing I have learned in my many years on this earth is that there is no point of getting upset or worrying about things! Whether you spend the next week on pins and needles worrying about it, it will not change the outcome! Don't worry about it until the doctor tells you to. You could spend your whole week upset to find out it was a waste of time and energy and everything is fine! Life is to short to spend time worrying about things that are out of our control!

I couldn't agree more. Thank you for the reminder. :)

Just another positive thought, and benefit of doing fills with flouro. You said he was able to give you a fill, so I'm guessing all will be fine. Congrats on the loss! :)

My thoughts exactley! The fill went in just fine...how kinked could it be?? Keeping my fingers crossed! :)

More postive thoughts your way. One can never have too many! :rolleyes:

More postive thoughts your way. One can never have too many! :rolleyes:

Thank you so much! I appreciate them all.