Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling food pass through

Just wondering if any of you feel the food passing through your band and any pain associated with it. I try to watch my bites and chew. I don't vomit and only got something stuck once. No heartburn either. My signal that I need to stop is a hiccup. I was sort of confused as to whether food should just be passing through right away and any pain associated with it meaning its too tight? I plan on asking my doctor as well but was just wondering if anyone had experienced this...thx

I ate a hard piece of bread yesterday for the first time. Lets just say, I thought I saw the light, it hurt a ton, I could feel it going through my band. I was prayin to not throw up. Took about 10 minutes and it kind of sucked. No more bread.

after having all Fluid taken out of my band the other day doctor said never, ever, ever for the rest of my life or the bsnds life no bread, rice or pasta...I didn't understand that b4 and that is what caused me to throw up and get into trouble. I will spend the day re-readin my book they gave me after surger. never throw up and if u do call right away

I can feel food passing thru the band and I get palpitations. My band is empty. I never felt food pass thru when I had fill in my band, but I had palpitations all the time.

Just wondering if any of you feel the food passing through your band and any pain associated with it. I try to watch my bites and chew. I don't vomit and only got something stuck once. No heartburn either. My signal that I need to stop is a hiccup. I was sort of confused as to whether food should just be passing through right away and any pain associated with it meaning its too tight? I plan on asking my doctor as well but was just wondering if anyone had experienced this...thx

i can (think i feel it) going through if my bite is too large.

my sign to stop is a baby hiccup or 20 min mark...to my understanding,

no pain should be happening...if it is, too fast, too big, too much...i am sure you will get better answers but that is mine. hope it helps.

Yes I can...it is the band "talking to me" telling me to do a few things...chew better, eat slower, or stop eating that particular food altogether....

Sometimes the band whispers...some times it Shouts at me...when it shouts I better pay attention.....

I'm having a coffee right now and don't feel a thing....early this morning I felt every swallow, although just a whisper...when I had my morning smoothie...it got a little louder..shouted one time when i took a gulp..so I listened and stayed with smaller swallows, almost a sip....

My Dr. kept telling me from day one the secret is to learn to "Listen to Your Band" and I have gotten pretty good at it....it will tell you how big of bites and teach you if you are chewing properly....and when to stop....

Some people will read this and not have a clue....all I would say is your band has to reach a certain level of restriction before it begins speaking....and the band is adjustable so some people will not know the experience...others do...

If you feel it, the band is telling you that you need to eat slower, smaller bites, or chew better. If it is the same food consistently.... it may mean it gets added to your no go list.

Yes I can...it is the band "talking to me" telling me to do a few things...chew better' date=' eat slower, or stop eating that particular food altogether....

Sometimes the band whispers...some times it Shouts at me...when it shouts I better pay attention.....

I'm having a coffee right now and don't feel a thing....early this morning I felt every swallow, although just a whisper...when I had my morning smoothie...it got a little louder..shouted one time when i took a gulp..so I listened and stayed with smaller swallows, almost a sip....

My Dr. kept telling me from day one the secret is to learn to "Listen to Your Band" and I have gotten pretty good at it....it will tell you how big of bites and teach you if you are chewing properly....and when to stop....

Some people will read this and not have a clue....all I would say is your band has to reach a certain level of restriction before it begins speaking....and the band is adjustable so some people will not know the experience...others do...[/quote']

After reading your reply it puts all things in perspective. I am taking too big of bites and not chewing. I guess when you eat one way for 50 years, it's gonna take a little bit more time to train myself to eat another way. Thx for the great info!

i can (think i feel it) going through if my bite is too large.

my sign to stop is a baby hiccup or 20 min mark...to my understanding' date='

no pain should be happening...if it is, too fast, too big, too much...i am sure you will get better answers but that is mine. hope it helps.[/quote']

I didn't think there should be pain but I needed to hear that from someone else. I now know taking too big of bites and not chewing enough. Thx so much!

If you feel it' date=' the band is telling you that you need to eat slower, smaller bites, or chew better. If it is the same food consistently.... it may mean it gets added to your no go list.[/quote']

Thanks for the info...just needed some reassurance!