Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Think Positive List

I want to lose enough to have a man actually LOOK at me, not look through me as if I'm not there. It's hard turning 50 and being divorced. That was 5 yrs ago and it's still hard!! Although I would like to get something hard He He He..."evil grin"

My turn:

To try on lots and lots of beautiful regular sized clothes before choosing what I want.

To sit in a theatre sit with extra room on both sides.

To sit in one of those little icecream parlor chairs downtown without being afraid it will break.

To take off my wrap at the beach.

To walk into the gym with my head held high.

To feel sexy/slinky again.

To have my sons friends tell them they have a "hot mom" again, it's been years.

To turn heads again...in a good way.

To have extra room in my bath towel...and bath tub.

That's all for now.

-How bout high heeled shoes....but now the age thing comes in....dam...oh well, I'll wear them anyways!!

-Looking my surgeon in the eyes, and admitting that "he was right".

What was your surgeon (or will your surgeon be) right about? That "this one" will work!?

Nah... you're SO not too old for high heels!

I'm going through these things, and taking down my 'wants' and other people's that apply to me too (things that they said, that I wish I would have too), and making a list that I'll put up somewhere (or just keep handy on my computer), and strike things off my list as they happen.

This is a great thread...

I can't wait to play soccer with my dd and have fun! (not worry about breathing)

I can't wait to have my DH google over my legs again

I can't wait to wrap a reg towel around my body

I can't wait to lay on the floor with my kids and watch a movie and not have my stomach lay beside me.

I can't wait to go out to dinner with my dh and only get one meal to split

I can't wait to save money on groceries and cloths (plus size are NEVER on sale)

I can't wait to been seen as tall and hot, not just huge. ( I am 6'2 by the way)

I just can't WAIT to be skinny!!!!!

Oh, I can't wait to not have to wear stuff to cover up too. I practically live in tshirt and hoodies in the summer. I haven't worn shorts in soooo long either, I don't know if I want to, but I'd sure like to be able to!

- I bought pajama shorts, and worn them comfortably around the house... not in public yet, but I also have some capri pants in my closet itchin' to come out for a spin someday soon!

I don't want to squeeze into chairs, and worry about how much is squeezing out beneath the armrests!

- I don't worry about sitting in plastic chairs anymore (well, maybe for a fleeting moment). I even sit cross legged in my chair at work sometimes!

I don't want to be so damn sweaty and gross feeling after the most minor exertion.

- I definitely don't sweat as much under normal circumstances. Summer will truly put this one to the test though!

I want to cross my legs, and not have to hold onto my calf, so it doesn't slide off.

- I do that! Woo!

I want to be able to easily shave my legs!

- ok, yeah... easier. But I still despise it, and making it easier doesn't make it happen any more often! :) Poor Dan!

I want to wear a size with at least a 1 in the beginning, not a 2... and no "X"'s !

- holy moley! I'm there and passed! I'm waitin' for the single digits, baby!

I don't want to be constantly pulling at my shirts, worry that it's stuck in my back-fat! lol

- well... that back-fat is pesky. Definitely shunken considerably! I don't worry about shirts getting stuck in it, but that tell-tale crease (see my rear view current pic!) bugs me. If I had a roll-less back, I think I could be perfectly happy with everything else!

I want to wear sexy underwear!

- ehhh... cuter underwear, but not sexy. Actually.. maybe worse. Dan does not enjoy the super-sucker control tops!

I don't want to have to quickly look away when I pull up along another car at a stop sign or light, cause I think they're gonna give me a "Yuck" look, or laugh at me.

- haven't really tested this one.

I wanna get a brazilian! Wooo! lol

- heh... No! That'll be a 'AT GOAL" thing!

I can't wait to have only ONE set of boobs! I'd like to get rid of the other set hiding under my armpits! yucky

- kinda like the back-fat.... diminished, but not gone!

I also discovered some collarbones when I push my shoulders forward! I hope someday soon I can see them WITHOUT doing that!

- I see 'em..... not as great as they will be soon though. Oh... you WILL see pictures!

I don't want to be struck with fear when I sit down and hear a creak. Or sit in someone else's chair and have them look at me like "Oh, please don't break my chair!!"

- nah, I'm ok now.

Why are plus-sizes so damn expensive?! There's never anything plus-size and COOL on sale! I want cheap clothes! lol

- they're all still too expensive! But it is nice to find my size in racks that are on sale.

I want to see whatever my boyfriend apparently sees in me.... and believe it.

-I'm starting to see it.

I want to be hit on! And not just by drunk old men!

- YEAH! Dudes, you should have seen the guy hitting on me last weekend... ahhh... Dan was nervous. :)

I want to fit into my prom dress, and have it be WAY too big. So big that I have to have it altered to fit me, and look nice. And THEN, I'm going to make my BF rent a tux, come with me and get pictures taken, and then go crash some kid's prom!

- I'll wait for goal for this one, but it would defintely fit... I'm sure.

I want to look forward to my reunion too. I want people to be BLOWN away... to wonder WHO I am.

- I am kinda.... but if we have one, it'll be next year... I hope that's enough time!

I want to get a tattoo(s). I never got one because, mostly I have such a hard time coming up with something I LOVE, but also because I'm embarrassed to have to expose any of the places I'd get one... and I always hoped I'd lose weight (and feared I'd gain more), distorting it.

- thinkin' about it

I would like to not be so scared that someone might see my underwear and laugh. (like freshly washed, in a laundry basket, or worse, not clean, and on the floor... and wonder when we went camping!)

- not so scared anymore, at all. I sometimes hold 'em up when we're putting away laundry and giggle while saying "I wear these!"

I want to let my boyfriend pick me up... or at least be comfortable enough to let him try. He always tries, but I do the 3 yr old thing, and turn to Jello, sliding through his arms and to the floor so he can't! Better that than have him have some inkling of how heavy I am.

- DONE! All the time... I even let him do the 'scoop' thing a couple times. (you know, like you carry the bride over the threshold)

on that note: be on top and not want to cover his eyes, or hook up a respirator so he can breathe.

- err... I can't believe the things I say! Ummm.. better. :paranoid

Oh, I can't wait to not have to wear stuff to cover up too. I practically live in tshirt and hoodies in the summer. I haven't worn shorts in soooo long either, I don't know if I want to, but I'd sure like to be able to!

I don't want to squeeze into chairs, and worry about how much is squeezing out beneath the armrests!

I don't want to be so damn sweaty and gross feeling after the most minor exertion.

I want to cross my legs, and not have to hold onto my calf, so it doesn't slide off.

I want to be able to easily shave my legs!

I want to wear a size with at least a 1 in the beginning, not a 2... and no "X"'s !

I don't want to be constantly pulling at my shirts, worry that it's stuck in my back-fat! lol

I want to wear sexy underwear!

I don't want to have to quickly look away when I pull up along another car at a stop sign or light, cause I think they're gonna give me a "Yuck" look, or laugh at me.

I wanna get a brazilian! Wooo! lol

You go girl!

I am sitting at my desk cracking up at this. I can totally relate to all of this! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. Thanks for telling it like it is.

Good idea to bump this thread Mandi!!!

I read my post from a long time ago about collar bones...and HOT DIGGITY.....I have 'em!!!! They're quite bony and stick out!!! And here I thought I was perhaps born without 'em!!!!

LOL

This was a great thread! Really enjoyed reading everyone's wants. I could relate to soooooooo may of them. Can't wait for them to come true for me too!!

Holy crap you guys are hilarious!

Well you know what I want.....really?

I want to be pretty again.

I want to go to the store and not have to buy the plus sizes

I want to get in my kayak and not think people are thinking look at the fat chick in the kayak....how does she do it

I want to go running in the daytime...I run at night!

I want to bike without worrying about what people think of me

I want to be proud

I want to be sexy

I want to wear that tiny dress to my sister's wedding...in September and turn every head in the place....oh yeah....she's my gf!

I want to wear a bathing suit

I want to be me...proud, wonderful, happy and content with the things that I have chosen.

We are beautiful people and we deserve all the things that we have all stated here in this thread....awesome job!

POPT.........big time!

I want to be able to walk without pain.

I want to be able to wipe myself you know where

I want to be able to see my toes

I can't wait to have tight thin thighs that are sized to match my waist... post thigh lift and try on clothes that fit in the thighs and the waist..

I can't wait not to have all my waists on pants and skirts taken in two or three sizes.

What a fantastic thread!!! I hope everyone remembers to acknowledge the successes as they achieve them and make new goals.

Ohhh....the extra boobs...I know what that is like!

Also...how about being able to wear those cute bra and panty sets and only paying $14.99 for them.

My biggest thing right now I look forward to managing stress in a healthy way...not temporarily, but as a lifestyle.

Also, I work in the beauty industry, and I am blessed because I look young naturally, but it would be a great advertisement to have the 'whole package'. (I could be the hot old chick!)