Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, This is my first post but I have been reading on this site for the last several months. I have been scheduled for my surgery on May 1 in Salt Lake City. I am just under 5' 2", small/medium frame and weighed 219 at my last doctor's appointment. I was small and thin for the first 35-40 years of my life so I know what it is like to be small, but I have been overweight for so long now that I had honestly lost all hope of ever being anything but fat again. So now I find it hard to even imagine setting a goal weight. It would be nice to be small again, but I am realistic and feel it is more important to be a healthy weight for an "older" woman. (I'm very young at heart!!!!)

Looking forward to your support. I have learned so, so much from reading all your posts and I thank you all for your honesty.

Thanks

It is a great feeling even when you have all your co workers and everyone else start to notice it.. You will see once you have the surgery you feel like a new person...........

I am pretty sure that I will be having my gall bladder removed at the same time I get my lap band. Don't know if that will cause any extra pain or not.

Vickie, did you tell your co-workers about your surgery before hand?

Yes i did only because i work for a company with only 5 emplyees thats including me. To boot they are all male. I think if it was all females I wouldnt. They have been great. Throughout my preop diet they all kept saying to me that I can do it. The owner of my company also goes to the gym with me and boy is he a slavedriver on the elipticle machine. But i need that. He even knows how much i weigh. I give him my weight every monday.

My hole office also started eating healthy....just for me

they are a great support system just like LBT is but you need it everywhere.....

How wonderful that you can count on those guys to be supportive of your decision to do this surgery and change your whole way of life! When I worked it was with all women and I know what you are saying about maybe not sharing the information if your situation at work was different.

I'm impressed that you are working hard to exercise. That is one of my biggest hurdles. I know I need to do it, but I really don't like most forms of exercise. I do enjoy swimming and riding a bike. But I have to admit I have a pretty vivid picture of my tires blowing big-time under my weight. I also have a pretty vivid visual of what I would look like from behind on my bike. The bike seat would disappear and it would look like I had been mounted on the post! :( Maybe I should do it just to entertain the people behind me!

How are you doing with your food intake? Are you hungry?

Hi Hippo's Hope (I love that),

I am scheduled to be banded on May1st too. I will be banded by Dr. Anderson in Boise, Idaho. I actually can't believe how close it is getting. I really can't wait.

I am 41, about 5'5 and started this journey at about 313 lbs. My personal presurgery goal was to get under 300 and I actually did that on Monday. My new goal is 295 by the 1st.

How are you doing on your presurgery diet. It hasn't been too difficult for me since I switched to Weight Watcher Point system. The dietician put me on a high protein/low carb diet and I just wasn't loosing. Weight Watcher's has always worked for me in the past and it hasn't failed me this time. Thank goodness!

Well, good luck to you!!!!!!!!!!

Linda

Welcome! I too am fairly new here. I have been reading lots of posts, but hopefully have figured out how to reply.:straight

I envy you having your surgery date! I can't wait to get mine!

Keep us posted!

Megret

Hi Linda, Looks like we share a surgery date. My doctor has given me absolutely no instructions on a presurgery diet, so I have not changed anything at all about what I have been eating. I understand that the pre-surgery diet is to help you lose fat around your liver, but I don't understand why some doctors feel it is so important and others don't.

You are doing great with your weight and should be proud of yourself. It must be nice to know that you already have a headstart on it!

May 1 will be here before we know it. Do you work outside the home? If so, how much time will you be taking off? Does Dr. Anderson do surgery with Dr. Cahn? I think I may have met Dr. Anderson briefly. I'm sure you are in good hands!

Talk to you later,

Hope

Megret, Good to meet you. Where are you in the whole scheme of things? Have you met with a surgeon yet? Hopefully you will be on your way soon. There is a huge amount of information on this site, isn't there? Good luck on your journey!

:welcome2: Welcome to LBT....this is a great community full of wonderful people!! You have a great sense of humor....glad you decided to start posting. :biggrin1: It will be fun getting to know you. Congratulations on your May 1st surgery date. I just got my approval today so I hope to have a date soon.

:gluck:

Thanks for the greeting Susan. You have been very inspirational to me as I have been reading this site over the last few months. You have made great progress and I also appreciate your insight.