Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded/am scheduled to be banded in the month of...  

1 member has voted

1. 1. I was banded/am scheduled to be banded in the month of...

• January
    • February
    • March
    • April
    • May
    • June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December

I heard a weight watchers commercial on the radio this morning. It's almost swimsuit season so they're offering free registration. Seems like most dieters get back on the wagon twice a year - right about now, and of course in January. It made me wonder if there is a band season as well. Do more people get banded in January and the spring than other times of the year?

I thought I'd take a little poll and find out.

My first band was in August 03 right before the kids went back to school. I was re-banded in March 05 due to a leaky/faulty band.

So for your poll I'll pick August.

Now if you ask me when I plan to have PS, I'd say Fall so I have all Winter to heal.

For those of us who use insurance it all depends on the approval process. I was ready in February and here it is April and the process still isn't done. Hoping for May.

How many times can I vote? lol I was to be banded April 21, then May 2nd, now May 26th!

After my dr's appt May 2nd might have to switch that answer again :confused:

Been trying to get things together since Feb 06 and not due to warm weather or bathing suit season - so I would have 1 year and 5 months before my husband's 20 year HS reunion.

All my insurance requirements will be completed. However, that doesn't mean a darn thing. Anyway, hopefully everything will go well and I will get my surgery around the end of July!

I was banded in December 26, 2005. Once my insurance was approved, then it had to be done by the end of the year. There was very little food at my house this past Christmas season.

Mary

I wish I could choose. I'd choose now, to get ready for summer ya. But alas, July it is. I'll be ready for swimsuit weather next year.

well I was lucky in a way...unlucky with my insurance didnt pay for it , so I was self pay...I went in for my consultion after test and seminar, etc. and that day we scheduled it for the following week.....it was the week of thanksgiving....boooo...no thanksgiving dinner for me,but I was ok with that......I only had to tak two days off of work, cause we were already closed thursday and friday...so needless to say it seemed like that follwoing tuesday was an eternity.....

Happy bandlife....

im still not ready for swimsuit life...maybe next summer I will be exstatic

I was supposed to be banded January 19th but because of the hospital I was not banded till March 16th.

I got banded on April 11th '06 it wasn't insurance issues with me seeing as thought I started the process in Dec 05'. I found that everything went fast luckly for me the only thing that held me up was the shrink!! She lost my papers from the consultation. I due have a question, I am only post op for 1wk and 1day know and still in a lot of pain form the surgery, can't even look at food and am having trouble with the liquids did anyone else have this problem?

Felicia

I started in April of 05. Insurance ended up taking forever, wasn't banded until March 7, 06.

That's ridiculous. I wonder if people have to go through all of this for surgery that can't wait a whole year?

:clap2: i was approved by my insurance copy in dec 05 but i did not have surgery until feb 7,2006. this was of my own choosing. i had 90 days from my approval date to get it done. i was scheduled for surgery 2 days after superbowl sunday. this was challenging to say the least but i survived.

Well, having to sit in the lodge this past winter while my 10 year old was out on the slopes motivated me to start the process. I have my surgery on May 1st. I am hoping to be able to get in some skiing by the end of next season.

Banded in Aug. of 04 worked for me cause the kids getting into school I could rest some ;)