Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I get my surgery on Friday....... I had the band put in in 2009 had it removed 2010 and gained all my weight back all this was due to lack of knowledge and communication and my choices..... I've since gotten married and have been pushing to get the band again. I've researched, went to numerous doctors, talked for days with insurance companies, friends, family even random people. I've set the date and tomorrow start on the liquid diet. I've been so sure this is exactly what I want, I think of how I use to look how I felt how I could run around and play with my kids and enjoy life, how I fit in my shower and could get my shoes on without taking a deep breath and twisting into a position to reach my feet. I think I'm most excited for the day I get out of bed to grab something I forgot and cuddle back up with my husband without sounding like I ran to the end of the block and back instead of the other room. But still there is a little nagging thought that somehow managed to squeeze into my brain and kill off some of my confidence. What am I doing is this a good idea what if I fail and just screw this up again. So here I am I just want to see if anyone else feels or felt this. I'm so happy to Find a support system like this

I'm getting banded on Friday too! If you were successful in the past then I have no doubt that you will be successful again. I think you'll do even better because you have already been through it and know what to expect. Good luck to you!!

I have my surgery on Friday too! I am so damn nervous that I can't even put it into words. I feel like such a whimp! I'm of course worried about surviving and post op pain etc.... But honestly I deep down think I'm most nervous about missing the food that I've used as a drug for so long.. A lifetime....

Hang in there!! Don't give up or question your decision. If it helps, in 1991 I had a Tummy Tuck, after losing a lot of weight on Phen fen....the rest is history and I am working towards a lap band. Im so mad at myself. I looked good, knew it and took advantage of the "high" I had, and got lazy with food choices etc. I have had to fight tooh and nail to get my insurance to approve this. My dad always told me its only a mistake if you don't learn from it! March on soldier...you got this!! Keep us posted. This is a WONDEFUL web site. Just wish I could navigate it better

Thanks Carlak.... I completely understand how u feel... I too had lost all of the weight and kept it off....I also had a Tummy Tuck and looked and felt like a million bucks... But a few years ago my 5 yr old son was killed in a car accident and well.... nothing in this world can ever compare to that pain. So the rest is a sad familiar history... Once again I found food to try to comfort me... Of course it did not.... And here I am 4 yrs later 50 lbs heavier... But it's not 100 and I (we) are doing something about it! This is a very positive thing and the support from this group has been tremendous.. Thanks again...

You will succeed because kids are the best motivator, and whether your kids are with you physically or in your heart, you will do this for them.

I'm so sorry dandaman4.

Also I am blessed and still have five children they say are truly my biggest cheerleader. My oldest son has diabetes and that's a very hard monster to control. My boys were so happy for me that they both came and took me to lunch today with absolutely meant the world to me. I am very very ready to start my journey my Journey. I journey that is fully supported by my family. I feel like one lucky lady

Are you guys have in just a lap band or the lap band and plication

I am having just the lap band. I am also most nervous for not being able to have the same relationship with food as I used to. But I know I need to change, and I know I need to use food from a nutrition stand point and not for comfort. The pre op diet has actually helped with the transition. I'm really looking forward to starting a new life with the band!

Correction ya'll I have only TWO kids

Congrats on your up coming surgery! If you really want this, you can do this....Best Wishes :)

I'm glad to see its normal to be nervous :) I to am doing this for my kids. My son is about to be 5 and my niece is 3 who I also have...... Dandaman, I cannot imagine the pain u went through and still go through my heart goes out to you, I am very proud of you and all of us for making the choices to change our lives for the better. Congrats everyone and good luck

I too am nervous. So many thoughts go through my head. The number one thought is the fear of failure. I have struggled with weight all y life. I think we need to believe in ourselves. The power of positive thinking. I keep telling myself that I will be able to do it. I try to replace the negative thinking with how I will look and feel.

You all will be fine. Congrats on your upcoming surgeries and we will see you in onederland.