Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

exercise with bad knees

One month post op tomorrow..-25 lbs post op...one of the reasons I chose lap band was my bad knees..Dr had told me no exercise until 6w post op visit...that I could walk...but he took me off nsaids so as not to cause stomach problems so now my knees hurt all the time..any suggestions?

Missy is sooo right. I have arthritis in both knees, Water classes are a godsend.

Recumbent bikes work for me, uprights hurt.

Double check with doc regarding any other med you could take. I was a month without motrin and just dying. I even get cortisone injections. Matter of factly mentioned knee pain to my doc, and she said I could take motrin, the nsaid rule wad mainly for bypass people. Maybe your doc may say the same. Worth a try, becsuse I really feel for you with knee pain.

Good luck.

I bike a lot. A LOT! I just went in last week and had "Synvisc" injected in my knees so I could walk and do some other mild exercises. I've got degenerative arthritis and bone on bone knees. I'm a good candidate for 2 total knees. Maybe next Holiday season but for now, the synvisc helps a lot.

tmf

I also suffer from bad arthritis in the knees and I was off NSAIDS for two weeks prior to surgery. Was in so much pain that I worked from home because walking was torture. Talk to your doctor again about going back on NSAIDS. As soon as I got home the day after the surgery, I was back on the NSAIDS and got relief within a couple of days. Also...as other posters have said, use a pool if you have one available. I've joined the local 'Y' so I can use their pool. It's the only way at the moment for me to exercise without pain.

Water aerobics or lap swimming. I use a snorkle. Water proof MP3 is a must. If you are uncomfortable in the water there is a flotation belt you can wear. Lost 100 lbs before surgery with diet and lap swimming.

Bike bike bike! I have horrible knees and the bike is my savior. You can also look into supplementing Glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM. Help me a lot and there are lots of liquid options.

One month post op tomorrow..-25 lbs post op...one of the reasons I chose lap band was my bad knees..Dr had told me no exercise until 6w post op visit...that I could walk...but he took me off nsaids so as not to cause stomach problems so now my knees hurt all the time..any suggestions?

my knees are bad (and mine said no nsaids also)

so i walk (started out little) and working my way up

i take liquid acetaminophen for pain. the more i lose

the less it hurts. each step brings you closer to where you need to be. that is how i view it.

I have a bad knee but 170 pounds later it is Sooooooo much better. Can not bike reg. or recumbent really hurts.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches