Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

is someone deleteing large threads?

Does anyone know what Lisa is talking about?

Ok, I'm going to get shit for this, but I am pretty opposed to sneaky detective work being used to find these deleted threads. Didn't we just spend 3 pages talking about how people delete threads for personal reasons? Going in through the back door to bring back deleted threads seems like you're saying "You can run, but you can't hide." It feels very spiteful, and I wish we could get over this issue and leave deleting posters alone.

Secondly, it seems that every time we have a controversial discussion someone says "what does this have to do with WLS?" In case it's not quite obvious, a lot of us on here have met in real life and are friends. The "Lounge" exists so that we can share non-WLS things about our lives. To suggest that REAL people who have REAL feelings for each other stick to only one topic is ridiculous.

I'm sorry you feel that it's sneaky and underhanded, however this is what I have been trying to say all along.. Nothing you post on the internet is EVER really deleted. Things can always be dredged up one way or another, and your forgetting that the moderators of this forum can still see EVERY SINGLE deleted post.

Its not sneaky at all, its the way the internet works, and when you post online you are agreeing to those rules.

It is my understanding that cached pages only remain cached for a short time until they are replaced by newer ones. I understand that putting things online leaves me open to scrutiny. But I would like to consider people on LBT my friends, and if I were to make it clear to my friends that I wanted certain material deleted, I would expect them to drop the issue instead of trying to dredge up old news just to prove that they can.

Um, I have to agree a bit with StrawartS about the dredging-up of deleted threads. We can act like adults and not do stuff like that, even though it's possible.

The moderators are right now discussing what future policies should be, including whether we should have the right to restore threads that have been deleted in the past. That will depend, I think, on how easy it is to strip out the posts from the person who did the deleting in the first place, and we're waiting for technical information on that point. So for now, please be aware that we're working on formulating a policy that will a) prevent this sort of disruption in future, and :( respect everyone's desire to control their own words.

Cached pages remain for about a month, sometimes longer it depends on how often google gets around to the site.

And I didn't pull it up just to prove I can. I did it because some one asked me to, because the person who deleted the thread didn't consider all the valuable information they were deleting that belonged to OTHER members. And because some one here lost some valuable and possible irreplaceable photos because the person who deleted the thread didn't stop to think about how it would effect others.

Um, I have to agree a bit with StrawartS about the dredging-up of deleted threads. We can act like adults and not do stuff like that, even though it's possible.

I'm sorry but this REALLY isn't dredging. I don't even know the person who deleted the thread and honestly I could care less about it being deleted. I did it because I feel bad for the member who lost some photos she can't replace and I was trying to help her get them back. You guys are taking this in the wrong context.

heck no don't dredge up the old stuff. when we live in the past, all that does is create havoc for the present and future (case proven)

my point was: that thread about scar stages was a great thread and has helped MANY - if it can be brought back, it would be very helpful to all of us newer people here who are making decisions about WLS or have questions about surgery/scaring.

Some people may be gone or have not saved their info or pictures and that can never be regained again.

Please bring back the important things that pertain to WLS and WL however you have to do it - that is a neat thing about the Admin and owner they have the right to do that, whether they "dredge" things up or someone else finds it. It's kind of like killing the messenger - Kat didn't archive these threads Google did.

We each have our own opinions, some of us just don't take things personally like others. Whether someone likes it or not, by posting things against others, they have involved anyone and everyone who has access to these forums.

I think it's really great that some of you have met in person. It's important to have a support system, but to come on a board and rip someone up and down over their thoughts and feelings is not my style and I know how to avoid those types of people and posts.

If there is a place here that is set for other information outside of WLS then that's where it should be left.

For those of us who click the top screen when we log in, we never know where this is posted - just what is the latest post on the subject.

If I offended someone by saying this; then forgive me for being "new" here - I had to look to see what it was being referred to. I thought this was a board solely for WLS and WL.

Sometimes it makes me wonder what type of mindset someone is in when they take things the wrong way and are in a defensive mind set with certain posts and topics, but hey, that is just me - I have my faults just as everyone else here does.

Lisa, you didn't offend me by saying that non-WLS information doesn't belong on the board, but it just doesn't make sense to say "only talk about WLS" and "everyone is entitled to free speech" in the same breath. I personally don't post on new message boards until I have looked around for a while to understand the layout of the board and the dynamics between its members.

This board has thousands of members. Like I said before, even if a large thread gets deleted, another member usually picks up the pieces and starts a similar discussion. For instance, JanetC started a new scar stages thread. We're not talking about the loss of an artistic masterpiece here. It's some pictures of funky tummies. No great tragedy.

My opinion: Someone started a new "Scar Stages" Thread. I am fully against ressurecting the one Nana started. She created it, she deleted it. I only suggested that K@t find it so Christina (I'll Succeed) could grab hold of her lost pics. K@t, maybe you can edit out the links and PM them to I'll Succeed? Or if she can't get them anyway, just take out the links. I would hate to see someone re-post that thread. If she deleted it, it should be gone. I understand it's never really gone, but you know what I mean. Gone from LBT land.

I still had my scar pic on my 'puter so I re-posted to the new Scar Stages thread. I'm the one who asked if K@t would go get it, but only because Christina lost her pics.

there isn't any way for some one to "re-post" nana's thread. Unless you copied and pasted the entire page into 1 message which would be confusing and messy. It's there for informative purposes only.

We're not talking about the loss of an artistic masterpiece here. It's some pictures of funky tummies. No great tragedy.

Maybe its no big deal to you, but to some one who has now lost photos of themselves at a time they can never go back to, it might be a bit more tragic.

Lisa/lmt, it's not that we have necessarily met. Most of us LBTers are simply online friends. The board is divided into Forums, and the Off Topic subjects are generally discussed in the Lounge. It's a free-for-all in there. So tip-toe! LOL Keep chiming in. There is no "inside" crowd here and all are free to speak up. I have learned the hard way, though, be ready to take it on the chin at times (talking to self as I type...) :( You have well over 100 posts at this point, you are in the game now!

StrawartS again that is YOUR personal opinion, just as I have mine, which you seem to be totally offended or pissed off by or whatever it is.

I have been here 3+ months and "looked" around and posted some as a registered user, have been here a bit longer as a "looker" and searcher I didn't just start posting yesterday.

I think you and I can just agree to disagree - which is ok with me. I will make sure I do not reply to anything you have to say again since what I have to say seems to be a problem with you.

Good that JanetC started a new thread, and YES it is a tragedy that someone deleted some very important information that others thought valuable and didn't even have a chance to take with them.

Does anyone know what Lisa is talking about?

Back on page 1 or 2 Lisa (DeLarla) and VQ were discussing paint colors in her house. VQ is going to paint when she goes back to Vegas, I think. They are scheming something that includes paint color, anyway. That's a good example of the need for the handy dandy quote funtion, IMO. :(

Off Topic subjects are generally discussed in the Lounge. It's a free-for-all in there. So tip-toe! LOL Keep chiming in.

Thanks TBM glad I know that now, anything that brings such negativity to my mind is somewhere I do not wish to be. I will keep that in mind and make sure I look up where the post originates from before I dive in lol

Knowing is half the battle! wow that is corny but true!