Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

yesterday had surgery...questions

1. I have a fever of 99.5 they said to call if it went over 100.5 is a slight fever normal.

2. Does the pain meds..I'm on percaset .. supposed to make me this nausea?

3. How long will this bloated feeling last

Any other advise to get thru this?

I don't know if I ran a temp but pain meds always make me a little nauseous, and the bloated feeling will go away in a few days. Walking helps with that. Good luck! Best choice I ever made!

Low grade temp is not unusual. Percocet can make you nauseous if you are moving around a lot. Unfortunately it is the walking that helps the bloated feeling. If you do not have a scrip for nausea you might want to call the doc tomorrow and get one. I don't regret my decision, but there will be a few rough days. Prayers and best wishes for you!

Percocet makes me nauseous too, can you call you doc and ask for a a prescription for anti nausea meds? I had the ones that dissolve on your tongue and they helped so much.. Drink small sips as often as you can, walk as often as you can, use a heating pad for gas pains. For me, the really bloated gassy fullness went away around day 4 or 5, that's when I could feel my hunger more but the swelling could last weeks. Definitely call your doc if your temp gets higher but I was told by my daughters surgeon that a low grade fever sometimes accompanies surgery, she had a 99.8 fever last week after her surgery and it lasted only 1 day and then went away..but keep an eye on it...Congratulations on your surgery!!...in a week you will feel like a different person, I promise....

And in 3 weeks you feel like your old self again just a little skinnier. Good luck it gets better.

1. I have a fever of 99.5 they said to call if it went over 100.5 is a slight fever normal.

2. Does the pain meds..I'm on percaset .. supposed to make me this nausea?

3. How long will this bloated feeling last

Any other advise to get thru this?

not sure of the running a temp (i dont think i did) but i do recall them saying if felt (hot or ran one) to let them know....and to take my liquid cvs brand tylenol if i did.....def think if you are running a fever, just let them know and they can advise you to be safe

the pain meds (my liquid codeine) did not make me sick filling...i think it could be the combination of the stuff they used to put you to sleep, the stuff they gave you to keep from getting sick to your stomach and combined all together, i could understand how you feel yucky, but it will get better. i promise

bloating? all the gas they put in your belly to blow it up, yep, you be bloated..as the days pass, that will get better (and you are swollen and will feel very full and not overly hungry) and that is 100% normal .....

so rest

sip sip sip

take your meds

watch your body for signs of (something not right)

and hang in there

I just ate a bit of Jello. I think to fast... and hacked up some flem.. is this normal? Anything i should be worried about. Sorry about all the posts, but i'm going to post as much as I need to, as you guys are so great at answering my questions and helping me worry less!

I just ate a bit of Jello. I think to fast... and hacked up some flem.. is this normal? Anything i should be worried about. Sorry about all the posts' date=' but i'm going to post as much as I need to, as you guys are so great at answering my questions and helping me worry less![/quote']

If you ate too fast, yep normal to spit up flem. Your still swollen so small bits, slowly.

BTW, not too many posts. Post as many times as you need. We are here to answer your questions.

Rest up and take care.

I just ate a bit of Jello. I think to fast... and hacked up some flem.. is this normal? Anything i should be worried about. Sorry about all the posts' date=' but i'm going to post as much as I need to, as you guys are so great at answering my questions and helping me worry less![/quote']

I was hacking up also my first couple days post op.. It passes. I was bloated until about 1week after.. So what you're going thru is normal. Just watch that fever!

Phlegm is a sign of eating too fast and or being stuck. Slow down, and remember, you even need o chew jello! :)