Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

::: my confession :::

I have to tell someone what I did, so here it goes.

I'm 2 weeks post-op, started 'pureed' today, and ...

I ate a whole pack of those mini 'one-bite' cupcakes. That's 12. I ate 6 at first, and an hour later had the other six. I don't know why I didn't just stop and throw 'em out after I has the first batch, because I was feeling bad enough about it after that, but I didn't. I feel sooooo bad and sooooo stupid.:D

So that's it. I'm just so ashamed of myself, and wanted someone to tell me *something* and to smarten up.

:D Thanks.

Mandi

Mandi -

Don't be too rough on yourself! Be careful this soon after surgery though. I found myself doing the same thing after my surgery when the swelling had gone down enough to get food down. It took all my nerve (and I had to act fast) - but I squirted catsup all over the chocolate I was eating and then threw it away. Try getting some low cal fudge bars or little pudding cups to satisfy the urges. You hang in there! By the way - tell me the mini muffins really sucked... please? :-)

Mandi,

YOU LOST 20 LBS IN TWO WEEKS?????? HOW GREAT......... WANT TO KEEP LOOSING WEIGHT?????? CLEAR OUT ALL THE JUNK FROM THE HOUSE AND PUT DOWN THE CUPCAKES!!!!!!!!!!:D

I ate a chocolate lollypop over the weekend.............:faint:

Forgive yourself.. Chuck out the crap... and wait and see how good it feels. One of my favorite memories is the day I put my seat belt on with out sucking in my belly!!!!! Every day I buckle up now I feel proud!

Get back up on the horse....... It's worth the struggle!

Good Luck

My best advise is to buy some sugar free, fat free chocolate pudding and some fat free milk to make it with. Keep some in the fridge at all times. It has saved me a hundred times since being banded. Just give it a try.

My next best advise is to imagine the stitches in your belly, pulling and pulling and the little holes starting to bleed a little. Then imagine the strain on the sutures relaxing as you keep your stomach virtually empty by staying on your liquid diet until the healing process has a chance to take effect. If you're going to hurt yourself with those (really) not very good mini choco things, wait until your body is healed to do it. Give it a fighting chance to survive.

Lastly, don't beat yourself up too badly, it's HARD to stick with a diet, band or no band. Just try to go easy on your poor stomach.

Thank you Donna, shoresexy and Kim.

I'll say 'no comment' on how they were. lol BUT thank you for the visual on the stitches pulling and bleeding... that really made me think... and it wasn't worth it. I just hope I didn't do any damage... I just imagined as I was eating them and chewing them up that they were virtually pureed... UGG... I hope I didn't screw anything up.

I had a applesauce cup tonight, and i'll be sticking to the things I should be eating. It IS hard, and I obviously was never good with diets. But I will go out and get some fat-free Jello pudding cups, and this time stay far away from the baked good section.

Thanks guys, I just felt better admitting it to someone, cause I have no one I feel comfortable telling my failures to, 'in real life'. Hopefully this won't be a common type of post for me!

:Banane04:

Mandi

p.s. No, the 20 pounds isn't since banding! I wish. That includes my 2 week pre-op diet... only 5 pounds since.

here is some advice from some one who works in a grocery store...shop the outside ring of the store ... that is where all the fresh and less processed fruits, veggies & meats and dairy are...the inside circle of the store (all the different Isles) are where you find the crap that you dont want or need. if you have to go down an isle say to get splenda or such repeat your starting weight to yourself until you reach the product and then high tail it off the isle..

another tactic is to only bring in a hand basket to put your stuff in its way more tempting to FILL and entire shopping cart full of crap you dont need the best advice i can give you is to make a list before you go in the store and stick to it

Never shop hungry and sip sip sip on your Water as you shop will help you control those pesky cravings as you view each of the foods you once drooled over

Best of luck to you take care

I wish my grocery store was like that... the 'ring' around the store goes: produce, bakery, meat, dairy, pop, chips, then pharmacy!

Thank you for the suggestions :Banane04:

Mandi

Hi Mandy, Do not beat yourself up over this. I also had 2 regular hersheys chocolate bars yesterday. But, I walked longer on treadmill and as I am only 6 days post op. I needed this fix. I have lost 9 pounds now and did not gain any back due to this. It is hard going from eating to just slurping broth....Get back on the wagon and you will actually fell better for cheating, I know I do....

Another thing...don't even GO into the grocery store if you don't have to. I'm getting banded on the 21st and have been on my pre-op diet for a week now (UGH)....and thankfully my husband is doing (and will be doing for the near future) all the grocery shopping. I just tell him what I need (we have no kids, so it isn't that bad!). I've found that going into a grocery store KILLLLLLS me....so...I avoid it. In this case, avoidance IS good advice!! LOL...of course, this only works if you have someone to do it for you.

Good luck!!

dont beat ya self up .,. i cheated also post op.. get back on track

Hi Mandi,

I was banded the day after you and agree that it's hard to resist temptation. For the first 5-6 days food was no problem because of the swelling. Now that the healing process is well underway, I don't ever feel restricted or full. I started soft foods today and see my surgeon tomorrow for the first post-op visit and weigh-in. We're human and the band is just a tool. Forgive yourself, make better choices, and move forward.

If you can't go to the store... try an alternative. We have a service in our area at the Giant supermarkets called Peapod. You pick your groceries online, and they deliver them to you for only $5.

Convenient, and you won't be looking at all that stuff in person.

I'm sure you have similar service in your area.