Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Medications..

Anyone have issues w medications absorption w the band? I'm on depression/ anxiety & ADD and good lord I feel like the band is really struggling w this new med. wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Explain please

IM MY OWN MOTIVATION

Like anxiety meds, I take at like 7p. Wake up to go to the bathroom by like 2 am. And the meds seem to be getting into my system.. Almost a "calidoscope" effect of seeing.. Almost woozy. But by the time I wake up I'm good to go.

now w the liquid diet for over a mo, and repositioning of my band I tend to feel that way seems to linger on, woke up at 6am today feelin woozy . And ADD meds sometimes work quickly, sometimes alot slower. I'm assuming its the band.. Just wondering if anyone else has these issues? I've heard of ppl gettin liquid vitamins and even shots bc of absorption issues w the band so to me some meds would wk the same..possibly?

I take a lot meds the same conditions but have not noticed any of things you mention sounds like a visist to your regular doctor is needed.

This an issue to discuss with your surgeon. Post banding, I have not experienced any difference in the efficacy of any of my medications that I take on a regular basis.

Remember, any concerns related to medical issues should be directed to your physicians.

Best wishes...

There should not be any absorption problems because nothing was rerouted or disconnected like with the other wls. Only with a lot of weight loss will the dosage sometimes have to be adjusted because of the lesser weight.

I took alot of meds prior to surgery.. I am working on re-integration now @ 1 week post op. I used to be able to take 8 pills at once, now I am crushing most and taking one at a time over a 1 hour period. I have to follow up soon and perhaps some of my meds won't be necessary. I think all things in moderation and don't rush is my motto for now. Nothing I am on is life threatening, and the most important meds I am taking already. Thoughts?

I took alot of meds prior to surgery.. I am working on re-integration now @ 1 week post op. I used to be able to take 8 pills at once, now I am crushing most and taking one at a time over a 1 hour period. I have to follow up soon and perhaps some of my meds won't be necessary. I think all things in moderation and don't rush is my motto for now. Nothing I am on is life threatening, and the most important meds I am taking already. Thoughts?

Crushing pills was the worst part of my journey to date!! I gagged on them, and no matter what I tried to disguise the bitterness with, I still tasted them. I've gotten to the point where I am able to take 1 pill at a time waiting about a minute between pills.

I've had significant reductions in dose of several of the medications I am prescribed, and was able to stop taking 1 of them.

I always advise people to discuss their medical/medicine questions with their surgeon or their medical team.

Best wishes for a successful journey...

I am usually ok taking meds In the morning its cake excuse the euphemism lol. At night I have more,difficulty. I usually take a Protein shake as a,snack before I go to bed I take,my meds,and one of my antidepressants always comes up. Not all the time but that one is the one to come up.

I take alot of meds at night. Maybe,I should crush? Need to talk to Dr.

I haven't had any problems with my meds but my dr. Says once my band is fuller I could have more of a problem. He switched my antidepressant to liquid. And suggests liquid tylenol for headache. My pill I have to take at night he has me cut into 4 small pieces because by then I have food in the pouch. Talk to your dr he may have more insight

My antidepressant is Zoloft (sertraline generic). It is very caustic and was a real source of many problems--as it irritated the opening from my pouch to my stomach and caused swelling and pain. Cutting the pils in half only exposed the caustic insides faster. Full-sized pills just sat there and did damage. I finally got my doctor to prescribe the smallest pills possible with the number of pills to equal my dosage requirements (hope that makes sense!). Insurance didn't want to give me so many pills a month (240 little pills a month instead of 30 regular-sized pills a month), so I had that hoop to jump through. After that was resolved, I discovered that eight, little pills taken at the same time (gulp) was as bad as taking one larger pill--traffic jam--duh! So now I take my pills with my morning smoothly (move the pills along quickly--no loitering allowed--hah!) one at a time. I tell you all of this because, yes, there can be problems with taking medications and the band, but there can also eventually be solutions. Keep track of what's going on with you and your medications--how you feel and when. Be a squeaky wheel, if needed, and get help from your doctor. good luck! :)

My antidepressant is Zoloft (sertraline generic). It is very caustic and was a real source of many problems--as it irritated the opening from my pouch to my stomach and caused swelling and pain. Cutting the pils in half only exposed the caustic insides faster. Full-sized pills just sat there and did damage. I finally got my doctor to prescribe the smallest pills possible with the number of pills to equal my dosage requirements (hope that makes sense!). Insurance didn't want to give me so many pills a month (240 little pills a month instead of 30 regular-sized pills a month)' date=' so I had that hoop to jump through. After that was resolved, I discovered that eight, little pills taken at the same time (gulp) was as bad as taking one larger pill--traffic jam--duh! So now I take my pills with my morning smoothly (move the pills along quickly--no loitering allowed--hah!) one at a time. I tell you all of this because, yes, there can be problems with taking medications and the band, but there can also eventually be solutions. Keep track of what's going on with you and your medications--how you feel and when. Be a squeaky wheel, if needed, and get help from your doctor. good luck! :)

[/quote']

That zoloft comes in liquid but its horrible u have to mix it or ur tongue will numb lol.

post-211273-13813134647982_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]25648[/ATTACH]

IM MY OWN MOTIVATION

post-345416-13813140891617_thumb.png

Like anxiety meds' date=' I take at like 7p. Wake up to go to the bathroom by like 2 am. And the meds seem to be getting into my system.. Almost a "calidoscope" effect of seeing.. Almost woozy. But by the time I wake up I'm good to go.

now w the liquid diet for over a mo, and repositioning of my band I tend to feel that way seems to linger on, woke up at 6am today feelin woozy . And ADD meds sometimes work quickly, sometimes alot slower. I'm assuming its the band.. Just wondering if anyone else has these issues? I've heard of ppl gettin liquid Vitamins and even shots bc of absorption issues w the band so to me some meds would wk the same..possibly?[/quote']

I never had that affect well saphris had me thats the only anxiety meds that had me out lol but my other na glad too

IM MY OWN MOTIVATION

That zoloft comes in liquid but its horrible u have to mix it or ur tongue will numb lol.

IM MY OWN MOTIVATION

Tried that--HORRIBLE!!!--I told my doctor I'd rather be fat and depressed than ever take that again!!!!!