Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay...since the minute i was able to start solids after my surgery....ive ate baked boneless skinless chicken breast, either breaded and baked or unbreaded and baked...never had a prob with getting stuck. Same with turkey breast.

However, since my last fill (on dec 17th) when i tried the chicken breast i got stuck after two bites, i just this afternoon tried deli turkey breast and got 1 slice down (1.3oz slice) and it got stuck and even caused PB.

Now, at my sisters I had chicken leg that ws cooked on the grill, pulled off the skin and had no prob eating it, christmas day, had dark meat of the turkey that was cooked, and no prob, pork cutlet baked (darker meat) no problem..oh and i was also able to eat 3oz of ribeye steak, which in the past, occasionally would get stuck.

I thought this to be very odd since yesterday was 8 month bandiversary for me and this last fill was the first of this happening for me. I am ok with eating the darker meat, im still getting the Protein

Im just curious to see if anyone else has seen a difference in the white meat versus the dark meat....in no case was the meat dryer in one occasion then the other, if somehow we overcook or something and it seems dry, i wouldnt even attempt to eat it lol

thanks

I've never had a problem with either dark or white meat. But I can see Honk's point, the dark meat being moist would go down easier. Interesting to see if others have found this to be true.

SOmetimes white meat is fine for me... other times it isnt so I usually stick with dark meat when possible. My dr cautioned me about this and like with so many things...he was right.

If I eat white meat, I use sauce of some sort. I am best with dark meat, too! I guess you are pretty close to green/restriction. Good luck and take care. i can't eat steak of any sort. Karen

I don't like dark meat...and white does get stuck if it's to dry...I try to use bbq when I know it's dry..good luck...

I have had 3 fills and feel like I am in "the zone". I am able to tolerate white meat pretty well. I do tend to put some type of sauce with it just because it is a little drier than dark meat. Also, sometimes as we get fills we feel like certain foods are no longer tolerated. While this may be true for some, often we just need to modify our method of consuming it. For example, before my fills, I could take larger bites, eat quicker, etc. I felt like I was overfilled after a few fills and realized, I wasn't really eating as small of bites as I was instructed and needed to rest more between bites. We have to be more strict and diligent in following the guidelines as we reach more restriction.

I have found that no matter how diligent or careful I am, I do not tolerate scrambled eggs or doughy bread though. I can eat over easy eggs no problem, but not scrambled. Go figure. Everyone is different and we all figure it out along the way. I have known others that say they cannot eat asparagus (which I LOVE) and I have had no problem w/ cutting it in small bites and eating. It's good that it sounds like you can still tolerate most foods.

I don't like dark meat...and white does get stuck if it's to dry...I try to use bbq when I know it's dry..good luck...

I use bbq or lite ranch dressing to dip the chicken tender in but as i stated before, its already pretty moist the way we cook them.

i guess each of us are diff with what cuases issues and what doesnt lol

I have had 3 fills and feel like I am in "the zone". I am able to tolerate white meat pretty well. I do tend to put some type of sauce with it just because it is a little drier than dark meat. Also, sometimes as we get fills we feel like certain foods are no longer tolerated. While this may be true for some, often we just need to modify our method of consuming it. For example, before my fills, I could take larger bites, eat quicker, etc. I felt like I was overfilled after a few fills and realized, I wasn't really eating as small of bites as I was instructed and needed to rest more between bites. We have to be more strict and diligent in following the guidelines as we reach more restriction.

I have found that no matter how diligent or careful I am, I do not tolerate scrambled eggs or doughy bread though. I can eat over easy eggs no problem, but not scrambled. Go figure. Everyone is different and we all figure it out along the way. I have known others that say they cannot eat asparagus (which I LOVE) and I have had no problem w/ cutting it in small bites and eating. It's good that it sounds like you can still tolerate most foods.

since this last fill..eggs are a nono for me, i did eat about half of one the other morning but that was it and i got stuck. i also cant do doughy bread.

I have def had to take smaller bites and eat even slower (it would take me about 30 mins to eat just over a cup of food) now it could take me 45 mins or more and having to "reheat" my food cuz its ice cold, to barely get a cup of food down. 1 cup is what the nutritionist says i should be having 3 times a day...im eating more like 1/2 to 3/4 cup 4 times a day...but have dropped nearly 6 lbs in the 10 days since my fill...i know that just because its the first week of such a drastic drop in calories.

im alsmot certain this is the green zone tho...im not real sure...cuz ive heard diff definitions of what the "green zone" is. We will see what the nutritionist says next thurs when i see her.

Yep, sounds like you may not be getting another fill. If you are able to go 4 hours between meals then you should be good. :) If you had scrambled eggs, you may want to try over easy (or I prefer over medium). The liquid from the yolks makes them go down for me. :)

I notice I get "full" before a cup of food most meals too. I love that aspect.

I've found both forms of chicken and turkey have been getting progressively more 'stuck' over time. I've found despite chewing the hell out of it, I've needed to wait much longer between bites, even up to a few minutes, sometimes with a walk around required. Just seems to take its time passing the band. I've found it's worth persisting given I prefer meat as a form of Protein.< /p>

Yep, sounds like you may not be getting another fill. If you are able to go 4 hours between meals then you should be good. :) If you had scrambled eggs, you may want to try over easy (or I prefer over medium). The liquid from the yolks makes them go down for me. :)

I notice I get "full" before a cup of food most meals too. I love that aspect.

ive tried over easy..but trying to stay away from whole eggs cuz of the fat...i tend to get a "scolding" from nutritionist and the surgeon when she does my fills lol. i have to have toast with over easy eggs tho lol so when i had it i got half piece of wheat toast and half the egg so now my Breakfast is usually 1/2 cup of Cereal or i will do a Protein drink if i know i wont get much Protein in my other meals that day

Sorry but I am new at this. Banded on Dec 18. How do you know something got stuck? How do you feel when this happens? Does it hurt? Just curious.

For me, stuck or something not agreeing with me and my band,I get this tightening in the chest, I feel very uncomfortable, a little nauseous as well. My mouth gets very wet with a thick saliva. I find getting up and walking can help.